first period after depo!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

first period after depo!!!

I finally got my first period after stopping my depo shot
And its great news when we are TTC.
It started on the 15th and I
It is different for everyone, I was a 28 day cycler then went on Depo and then BC pills for years. Once I got off and we started TTC and I was charting i discovered I was a 24 day cycler and I O on day 10! the best way to figure it out is to go through a month chart temps and cervical mucus. I know there are books at big book stores on charting and I am sure info on the inet. Good Luck!!!
Oh  one more thing, you dont want to stop BDing two days before O b/c your egg is only viable for like 24 hours or less and sperm only 48 hours. In some situations it may be longer, but I think that is the general rule. Your best bet, BD day before O, But to do this you really need to know your cycle. If you know how many days between cycles, you can do a serch online for "fertility" or "getting pregnant" and try a ovulation calculator. That may help a little.
does anyone know if you can O and have a very very light spotting?
I agree; chart your bbt or use an OPK.  Using the calendar to predict when you ovulate is not accurate for most women.  I also O very early in my cycle.

Or you can just plan to BD every other day for a couple weeks in a row, starting right as your period is ending.  Then you're sure to hit your fertile time without having to think about it.

Good luck@@
No matter what time of the month you have or dont have sex, you can not change the sex of the baby.  The sex is determined by the male sperm.  The sex chromosomes of a female are XX so we automaically give an x and the male then either gives and X making the baby XX (female) or he gives a Y making the baby XY (male).