first time yeast infection- do I need to see a doctor?
Hello. I have been taking antibiotics for the past week due to a skin infection. Yesterday I started having vaginal itching/burning, but no real odor or discharge. When I woke up this morning the discomfort had intensified. It's Saturday, and my doctor's office is closed, so I went and talked to a pharmacist. She said yeast infections are often linked to taking antibiotics. However,

this is the first time I've ever experienced this and everything I've read says to go get checked by a doctor if it's your first time. Problem is, I don't have time to see a doctor. First of all, it's the weekend so my doctors office is closed til Monday anyway. I am a teacher and I go back to work Monday so it's not ideal for me to take off during the first week of school. I'm also planning on going out of town next weekend.

I took a Vagisil home infection test, and the strip indicated that I do not have a raised pH level. I really do feel that what I have is a yeast infection. I bought Monistat 3 (the cream) and plan on starting the regiment tonight. Obviously if my symptoms get worse/don't go away I will seek help from a medical professional, but I just want to hear from someone that it's ok to treat this at home first.

Thanks for any/all responses!
Sure, it is OK.  I'd try the over the counter product and see if it works.  Obviously it is always great to see a doctor but in the real world, sometimes that doesn't work out.  good luck