Aa
A
A
Close
first time yeast infection- do I need to see a doctor?
Hello. I have been taking antibiotics for the past week due to a skin infection. Yesterday I started having vaginal itching/burning, but no real odor or discharge. When I woke up this morning the discomfort had intensified. It's Saturday, and my doctor's office is closed, so I went and talked to a pharmacist. She said yeast infections are often linked to taking antibiotics. However,

this is the first time I've ever experienced this and everything I've read says to go get checked by a doctor if it's your first time. Problem is, I don't have time to see a doctor. First of all, it's the weekend so my doctors office is closed til Monday anyway. I am a teacher and I go back to work Monday so it's not ideal for me to take off during the first week of school. I'm also planning on going out of town next weekend.

I took a Vagisil home infection test, and the strip indicated that I do not have a raised pH level. I really do feel that what I have is a yeast infection. I bought Monistat 3 (the cream) and plan on starting the regiment tonight. Obviously if my symptoms get worse/don't go away I will seek help from a medical professional, but I just want to hear from someone that it's ok to treat this at home first.

Thanks for any/all responses!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
973741 tn?1342346373
Sure, it is OK.  I'd try the over the counter product and see if it works.  Obviously it is always great to see a doctor but in the real world, sometimes that doesn't work out.  good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
2 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1464196836