five years of pelvic pain
I am a 62 year old female with pelvic floor pain which came on suddenly five years ago and has never gone away. The pain is intense, feels like I am having hard spasms, the pain is worse when I am sitting.  I also tingle (feel like electricity is rurring through my entire body). I'vd been to a obgyn, a pelvic pain specialist, a urologist, a physical therapist, a neurologist, and am now seeing a chiropractor.

Annual pap smears, blood work, abdominal and pelvic CT scans,lumbar puncture to test for MS, MRI on my head and spine have all been normal.(The neurologist did state my GAD antibodies were somewhat elevated and all my reflexes were very overactive, but he had no explanation for the overactiveness).

I've had trigger point injections,tried numerous medications and had physical therapy to get the pelvic floor stable - kegal exercises and TENS unit.  Therapist stated a lot of activity (40% more than normal) was going on in my pelvis. The obgyn/pain specialist thought I have vulvar vestibulitis / vulvadynia.

I recently decided to go to a chiropractor. Spine xray shows a tilted right pelvis (perhaps from a fall at some time in my life). I have been 14 times for adjustments.  She thinks she can work this out and that the tilted pelvis is causing all my pelvic pain.

I've never had surgery - only routine colonoscopies every 3 years.  I'm relatively healthy for my age.

Anyone out there with a similar situation or any suggestions?

I would really suggest getting on to the yahoo group for pelvic pain and the one for vulvar disorders.  There are a lot of women on those boards of all ages who may have some helpful info for you.  Though it definitely sounds like you have done (and gone through) almost everything.

The pelvis being out of alignment makes sense to me.  That was one of the first things that my pt checked out.
I wish you luck.