fluttering in pelvic area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

fluttering in pelvic area

I have been experiencing a strange fluttering in the left side of my pelvis, my breasts are also sore, I am still having monthly periods as normal and all pregnancy tests have been negative, it is starting to get on my nerves now, as it is worse when I am in bed, it is not constant, but comes and goes, I already have three beautiful girls and know what it like to be pregnant! Help!!!
How long has been happening for? I was thinking maybe you are ovulating, but not if it has been going on longer than a couple of days.
It could be something as simple as a nerve or muscle twitching.  If you are really worried I would have another chat with your doctor and see what he says, he may do an internal, a swab or arrange a scan to make sure things are ok.  But it does sound like a twitching muscle or nerve.
Several months after  I had my youngest daughter I kept feeling fluttering in my abdomen for a quite a while. I had given birth to 3 kids and knew what a baby felt like and swore I was pregnant even though I had  a tubal.  I had my periods as well.  I finally went to the doctor because I felt like I was crazy and needed her to tell me wether the home pregnancy tests were accurate (they said I was not pregnant).  She told me I was not pregnant and that it was probably gas. It was so weird!  If it bothers you enough go to your Dr. for your own peace of mind.

I have the same feeling in my pelvic area, kinda what it felt like when my kids had the hiccups when i was pregnant with them. No it isnt gas and no it isnt a nerve lol. You are probably pregnant. A woman knows her body. I know the difference between a twitch and fluttering lol I have 4 kids already lol going on my 5th i think. I am not testing till the end of this month though. Because I want to make sure i miss my period that way the pregnancy test catches the highest hormone balance.
Until I looked on this forum, I thought I was going mad.  I have had 2 children who are now 11 and 13.  Then started this fluttering and twitching in my lower left abdomen.  I had had normal period on the pill Yaz.  The feeling was EXACTLY like a baby kicking, having been there before and so many years ago, I tell you I almost had a heart attack.  I did a home pregnancy test - Negative.  Then what is this alien moving around in my belly then? It twitched and moved and fluttered for hours on end mainly it seems in the mornings and kept up for about two weeks. I decided to go to the doctors to find out.  An external and internal ultra sound was done.  All clear - Except, I had ovulated and had a small cyst in left ovary.  I think the twitching is actually ovulation which was the theory of my GP and Gyno.  The theory from them with a little laugh is that I hadn't ovulated for so long that I'd forgotten what it felt like, even though I'm sure I'd never felt it before, maybe having had such a long break and being 39 then suddenly ovulating put ovaries into spasm ? Just thought I'd post this to reassure that you can have these feeling and there is no baby, just making the egg to make one.  Of course you know your own body best and if you have any concerns see your doctor.  Peace of mind is a good thing.