foot and ankle numb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

foot and ankle numb

I'm a 33 year old women with a weight of 116, and a height of 4ft 11 inches.  Today I was a the computer, my kids asked me to get them something.  While geting up from the chair.  I went to stand up and immediatly fell down.  Thinking I was being clumsy, I tried to get up off the ground.  Using my right leg, I stood up, but when I went to take my first step forward with my left foot.  I immediatly fell down again on my face.  While on the ground  laying their I tried to get up and move again, but there wasn't any feeling in my left foot.  I could not move it at all.  It was weird it was like my mind was telling it to move but it wouldn't, so at this point I'm starting to stress out.  I tried to move my right foot, it moved perfectly, so again I tried to move my left foot, nothing happened, no feeling nothing at all.  I start to panic crawl with my hands and right side to the phone to call my husband.  While trying to get a hold of him.  I was down on the ground about 5 minutes.  I kept trying to move the left foot.  Finally it would move up & down first, then I kept trying and finally side to side worked. Unable to get my husband on the phone.  I slowly, using the right foot got up, then slowly put weight on my left it was finally working.  But the whole ordeal kinda scared me.  I know the foot wasn't asleep, their wasn't any tingling or needle sensation, it literally felt like my foot that I visually saw wasn't mine.  Can you please tell me what would cause this weird thing to happen, do you think I should go in and see my doctor?
YES SEE A DOCTOR ASAP!! It could be a pinched nerve.. or a fluke thing or something more.  please let us know what is going on
l
YES! Go see a Dr. and find out what caused it.