foot pain
Can Osteoporosis cause severe foot pain?  I am finding that both my feet are very painful to walk on and have swelling in the mid foot area.  I also have pain in the ankles.  I have had an MRI scan a few weeks ago but have to wait until the end of August for my results appointment with the Orthopaedic Consultant.  An untrasound did not show any sign of damage to the plantar fascia.
Plantar fasciitis is the first thing that came to mind when you described the pain.

Do you have osteoporosis? What I've heard about osteoporosis is it most often affects the spine, hence the women you see walking hunched over. Of course there is the increased chance of fractures as well.

Perhaps it will be a simple matter of needing some orthotics in your shoes to compensate for changes in your feet. Not sure of your age but my husband had to get orthotics for his feet/shoes these past few years. We're in our 50's now. In the meantime, wear some good shoes with support and put your feet up as often as you can. Sorry you have to wait so long for the appointment. I read recently in the newspaper (one of those medical columns) that some people have gotten relief from foot pain by drinking a bit of cherry juice each day. Seems odd to me but guess it can't hurt if you don't mind the zing.
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.  Yes I do have osteoporosis.  I am 47 yrs old and have been on medication for 2 years for it now.  I have suffered from irritable bowel and have always previously been a low body weight and this has contributed to me getting the osteoporosis.  I do have lambswool insoles to cusion my feet.  I tried the gel ones but it was still too rough and I have also tried all sorts of scholl inserts but it is too painful.  I do try to rest my feet as it is painful to walk for very long.  I think that the long wait for my appointment must mean that I am not an urgent case but it does get you down when you don't know what the problem is.  After I had the ultra sound they said the plantar facia looked fine so I don't think it is plantar faciitis.  Well thanks again.
Funny how they don't see it as urgent just because it hurts for you to walk. If it was their feet hurting all the time, they'd want to get in sooner. Ah well. I've tried the gel inserts too and I don't think they're comfortable at all. In the meantime you could use some anti-inflammatory meds like aspirin (if you can tolerate it). Or try the cherry juice. I think I'd dilute it a bit with apple juice. What do I know? I haven't tried it. The doctor in the column explained what's in the juice and how it helps but I don't remember. Take it easy. The lambswool sounds lovely.