Women's Health Community
freezing fibroids
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

freezing fibroids

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has heard of cryomalisis (I know I'm not spelling it properly), but it is a procedure where they shrink your fibroids by freezing them, an alternative to a hysterectomy.  Well, I had this done back in July of 07 because of clotting, and my OBGYN felt like something needed to be done about it.  After the procedure you are supposed to have a heavy flow for about 3 months and then go to basically NO bleeding at all.  Well...it's been 8 months and I am still having regular periods, the flow is not quite as heavy, but it's there nonetheless, AND I am noticing that I am starting to clot again.  I don't cramp like I used to, so I am grateful for that, but I should NOT be clotting at all.  I put in a call to my OBGYN as I am very concerened.  

I have had a lot of health issues and anxiety going on for the past 10 months also, so this clotting buisness isn't helping me one bit.  I tend to worry myself sick over the least little thing.
I don't know if anyone else has tried this new procedure or has even heard of it; however, if you have, PLEASE reply and let me know what might be going on.  Thanks.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
bump
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
Good morning - I have heard of using cryo surgery for fibroids. Also there's some technique where they can inject little things into the blood supply to the fibroids. That clogs up the works and the fibroids shrink away. That's not for everyone however. Just like cryoablation or even RF ablation, sometimes it needs to be repeated because the tissue is only slightly damaged or bruised shall we say. It heals up and goes back to the way it was. I'm glad you're calling the doctor back. Hope you're holding up in the other health area too. Take care.  
Blank
Hi, what a small world it is :-)  Ugh, there is NO way I am repeating it.  My periods weren't THAT bad, but my OBGYN felt like I needed to have the cryo since I had fibroids.  In fact my fibroids weren't that significant if you ask me; however, the clotting  wasn't/isn't a good thing.  I go in to see her on the 24th.

I am doing the best I can on the other, but it's hard.....you know?  Thanks so much for the reply.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...