frequent peeing and burning sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

frequent peeing and burning sensation

hi um... i'm just an average girl and well i kinda just started to masturbate .. wow this is embarrassing but yeah. just yesterday night i was so scared because i had to go pee about every 30 - 60 minutes and it's hella weird. like i go pee and then it's only very little and when i start out peeing it doesn't hurt but then later on it hurts alot. i almost teared up. and the peeing kept me up the whole entire night. um i found that when i did masturbate then my discharge was a bit tanish but i wasn't sure if that was normal or not so i didn't care but then when this peeing thing started it hella freaked me out and now i'm not sure if i have some sort of disease or something like that. ummm so yeah i pee hella little and then when i wipe, i have a discharge of a tanish color even though when i look at what i pee, there is no color. i dont smell weird or anything and i dont bleed cuz it's more tan/brown than red. but right now i'm just hella scared and i started reading up about what ppls have written and it's freaking me out even more. i can't tell my mom cuz she be hella traditional and i can't go to the doctor without telling my mom cuz i'm only 15 -.-  so if someone could help me find out what i should do yeah thanks :X it's only been like 15 hrs so i'm hoping that it will go away by tomorrow or a couple of days after but yeah. HELPP!!!
you might have a urinary track infection, and should go to the doctor.  Another thing if you are using something when you masturbate make sure they are clean because that can cause infection.  don't feel embarressed people put everything on here.   no biggy.
uriniary tract infections can be caused by something as simple as wiping forward instead of wiping away from your vagina when you go to the bathroom. tell your mom that's what happened..because it could have just as easily been that! bacteria from your anus can get into your ureathra and cause infection. just tell your mom you had a messy **** :) be so blunt that she can't get mad! you don't have to tell her about masturbating..like i said, UTIs can be caused be a myriad of non-sexual things.

BUT you MUST go to the doctor. you CANNOT put it off any longer. if you do, you are headed for a kidney infection and the hospital. the infection does NOT go away on its own. the only thing you can do for yourself is drink a LOT of fluids (yes this will make you pee more, but the urine will be diluted and not be as painful), take a vitamin C tablet, and put a warm compress on your vagina. the tan color that you're seeing IS definitely blood. occult blood in the urine does not usually come out as we would typically think it does..often times if you have a UTI you've got blood in your urine but you can't see it. so if you're seeing ANYTHING this means you're already having a severe infection.

i can really relate to the not telling your mom bit, but please, find a way to get her to take you to the doctor. it will be worse if you don't go, and end up in the hospital. good luck :)
lol thanks alot for posting back. i was reading alot about UTIs and i found out that alot between the symptoms that and what i was having are similar. so yeah thanks anyways :]
yeah i've decided to tell them today and truth is i have had messy **** LMAO stupid leftovers so then i think i'll just tell them that and exclude the other stuff :] i was reading this stuff about cranberry juice and i was wondering if that's better than just regular water. thanks a lot for the information and i guess i'll just have to suck it up and tell them x[. but thanks for the the post!
Cranberry juice can help with your bladder, my mother is brone to getting UTI's and she has to drink cranberry juice for it. angelkissx3 was correct about how you wipe can cause them.  UTI's also have another name Honeymoonitist.  I got a really good one on my honeymoon..........painful!
lol. i told my parentals about it and they totally freaked out just as i suspected but my dad took me to longs and got me some stuff over the counter. and we have antibiotics at home. we are gonna see how it turns out in like a day or two and then go to the doctors. it was weird cuz i wanted to go right away but then my dad was like lets just wait -.- iono but yeah. oh and i'm heavy on the cranberry juice :X thanks for the info. and i cant have honeymoonitist cuz never had sex
hmm. i don't mean to second guess your dad, and you seem to be in a tight situation with your parents, but most times they do a culture to see what kind of bacteria you have in your urine and pick an antibiotic to treat it from there. it seems most times that it's either cipro or macrobid. so you're taking antibiotic you have around the house? are they helping you at all? make sure the cranberry juice is low in sugar..that's why i actually just use vitamin C because that's the ingredient in cranberry juice that helps the UTI, and most cranberry juices are very high in sugar which doesn't help out your UTI. BUT all that being said, let us know how you're doing! so sorry this had to happen :(
I agree with with saturnine that you really need to go see a doc and get a culture done.  
Cranberry juice thing, it has been proven to keep away UTI.  There are people that swear by the stuff.  You can also get the same thing in a vitamin at the healthfood store, it actually states something about cranberry juice.  I know my mother has had bad problems with UTI and she drinks cranberry juice daily, and hasn't had a problem with them since.  They also make low in sugar types, and it really doesn't have to be a lot of cranberry juice to help.  Most people drink sugar softdrinks anyways and that contains much more sugar.  Stay away from Mountain Dews by the way as they are another issue with UTI.  Just make sure you are drinking water each day.  Make sure after sex that you always use the restroom.  Not talking about pregnancy.  But I have found that as long as I use bathroom after sex, I haven't had a UTI since.
hi. :] well actually the antibiotics, cranberry juice, and the urinary pain relief meds (phenazopyridine hcl tablets) have been really helping. it doesn't hurt at all now when i pee. just sometimes very little at the end. but for the most part it doesn't hurt at all and i'm back to peeing regularly. the urinary pain relief tablets, i think, at the main reason why i'm getting better but i'm not so sure if they exactly get rid of the bacteria. like on the back of the box, it just says that it's uses are for temporary relief of: urinary pain, burning, urgency, frequency associated with urinary tract infections aka UTIs. so like i'm not sure if the meds are just treating the symptoms or are they actually ridding my body of the UTI. cuz my main concern is to get rid of it completely. as for the cranberry juice, on the ocean spray bottle, there is a label indicating that it is working with the national kidney foundation to help stop UTIs so i think i'm good there. iono about the antibiotics but they haven't been affecting me in any negative way. but besides i feel as if i'm getting better. i think that my parents will send me to the doctors in like a day just in case but yeah. thanks sooo much for your concern. i really appreciate it.
OH! the antibiotic i'm taking is ospamox 500 mg iono what it is but my dad is telling me to take it
geee! i guess that i've been doing everything wrong -.- i'm like an avid mountain dew drinker. well not really but i do like it xD. i was wondering if you could answer another question of mine. like do people who get UTIs once in their life have a higher risk of getting it later on again?
I have no idea.  I haven't personally had one since I got married 6 years ago.  My mother on the other hand gets them a lot.  I don't know exactly what the mountain dew does, but I have heard it from more then one doc that you should watch how many of those you drink.  Who knows.
lol. ic ic well i feel as if i'm getting better so hopefully when i go to the doc then everything is gonna be okay. my parents are gonna take me on like monday or something like that
personally for me once i started getting them i had a hard time not getting them. although cranberry juice may have helped others, i only mentioned the vitamin C thing because cranberry juice (drank it religiously, etc) NEVER EVER helped me.  so it was just another suggestion in case you were another freak of nature like me :) and i think the mountain dew thing is just because there is a heinous amount of sugar in it. glad you're feeling better.
thanks alot for posting. yeah i'm feeling alot better but i'm just afraid that instead of getting rid of the whole UTI i'm like just fixing the symptoms. but it should be okay because imma go to the doctor.
no actually it has something to do with the coloring in mountain dew.  i have heard that from a couple of docs and also from some ladies on this forum.  mountain dew is like the worst thing you can drink if your female.
isn't the point of this forum to get many different opinions from different people.  Some may work for some people and some might not.  Doesn't mean anyone is wrong, we are just different and respond to different treatment.  We are females, that should say enough.
lol yeah i know :] well i went to the doc and everything is a-okay :] looks like my dad did know what he was doing xD thanks soo much for helping me with this
In future, before taking antibiotics from home, Google them to be sure they are appropriate for your type of infection - ie respiratory infection antibiotics aren't for urinary tract infections etc. then still see your doctor as well. :)
Hi, started with a UTI Sunday afternoon, i drank alot of water and cranberry juice then it went away.  about 5am monday morning i was woken up with another UTI.  i had a prescription for bactrim so i got it filled.  i started taking antibiotics monday morning and throughtout the day.  tuesday came along and i decided to get a prescription for Cipro.  i've been on antibiotics now for about two days and i still have the abdominal pressure and feeling of my bladder being full.  i'm thinking since i didn't take care of the problem right away this could be a bad infection and it might take awhile for the cipro to kick in.  maybe i'm just inpatient.  does it take alittle while for the antibiotics to kick in, any comments?
Ok. well i'm a girl teenager. am sexually active but haven't been for about 8 or 9 months. but every now and then i have days whre i shouldn't even leave the bathroom.  
like let me explain normal day i'll pee like idk 5 or 6 times just like a normal person but, then every now and then about every other week or so i'll have like 1 or 2 days where i pee none stop. like i would go to the bathrrom and then like 10 15 mins later i have to pee again!!. and its none stop.!!!!
and after i keep peeeing over and over again it starts to burn and hurt really fuc*ing bad.!!! and would go away after i'm done doing my bussiness but lately the pain has been staying. not even close to how it feels when i pee but just a little pain. and as much as i hate having this burning pain i kno i have to pee. and if i try to hold it it hurts even worse when i pee.

HELP ME WHAT DO I DO.
is it safe to drink pain killers during UTI?? its really painful. i cry to death because of it.
i dont think you drink pain killers
thanks
It sounds like cystitis... Sometimes if youre rubbing the bit that you wee from when you masturabte or have sex (just above the vaginal opening) It can irritate it and cause infection and pain when you pee. you can get flavoured powder from the chemist that you put in water a drink...that should get rid of it.
Can someone tell me why after I masturbate I pee red???
So basically, I'm on my period now but I was 3 days late and I've been having this funny feeling in vagina (itchy as well) and only a day ago when I started peeing i had a stingy feeling now 2 days after it's a burning sensation. I had sex like 2 weeks ago without protection and then again couple days back. I have also been having really really bad back pains! And been peeing a lot (thought it's cause I drink a lot of water).. This is so embarrassing but can anyone help?
Ok so I noticed a couple days ago that I've been peeinf like every 5min and last night i woke up almost peeing myself .. And today It got worse I started getting pain and burning while going pee but hardly anything comes out .. What do I do :(??
I'm a nurse and feel like it's a horrible idea for people without true knowledge to be giving advice.  A bad UTI can cause sepsis and kill you.  Best thing, go-to the Doctor!  Not any antibiotic will do.  Urine needs to be cultured.  Please!!
This is a member to member community and what this forum is about.  People share their own ideas.  It's not a substitute for medical help or a diagnosis but ideas for someone to consider.  But on member to member communities, everyone should feel free to leave the advice they'd like to give.  

luck to all who post and thank you to those who try to help others.