friable cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

friable cervix

HI! I have been having a problem of bleeding during intercourse for almost 2 years now. I have been to 3 OB-GYN. The first one did a pap smear and tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, and all came out normal. But since there were WBCs in my result, she gave me antibiotics. This somehow lessened the bleeding, but it kept on recurring. There was a time, she didnt know what to do, and thought that I might have been allergic to the condom we were using. And so she shifted me to contraceptive pills. But it still occurred. Just recently, I went to another OB-GYN, and she diagnosed me with "friable cervix". SHe treated my cervix with silver nitrate, and although it helped a bit (i didn't have bleeding for one month, during intercourse), it came back. There would also be times my period would come earlier whenever I'd have intercourse. The bleeding would occur during intercourse, wouldn't stop, and would lead to my prolonged menstrual period. Also, my husband and I have been trying to conceive a child for almost 5 months now, and I feel like that this friable cervix is the reason why we are having a problem getting pregnant.
1. What can be the cause of my friable cervix? I've had 2 normal pap smears within the past year and a half, already. What further work-up should I ask my doctor to do?
2. Can this friable cervix be the cause of our difficulty to get pregnant, given that my pap smears have been normal in the past?
Thanks. I hope someone answers my question, since I have been so frustrated with this condition of mine.
Hello, in response to your question that I just read.  I just came from a yearly exam and I started bleeding also.  Last year it happened too so it sparked my interest to do some internet research.  I have felt so alone with this problem and never knew what it was called.  A "friable cervix" is what i have but the dr. did not tell me that i had that particular diagnosis but just from reading on this site I see that I am not the only one with this problem.  Prior to my husband,  I had over the years had periodic protected sex relations with partners but no bleeding until I met my husband several years ago.  We didn't have, what you would call that gentle of sex either so it could have been caused from trauma too.  It started 3 months after we started having sex.  I had been given every test imaginable too.  From the chlamydia test to ultrasound of my ovaries which all was well.  I finally had cryotherapy done about 4 years ago.  It helped alot but I still spot like 2 to 3 days afterward and there is some burning on the cervical area afterward.  

1.If you are wanted to get pregnant, talk to your doctor first about the cryotherapy.  I don't have children but we also don't use birth control and i haven't gotten pregnant yet either.  I read where it can slim your chances to get pregnant due to scar tissue.  
2. If you remember having "wild" long drawn out relations with your partner on a regular basis,  that could be a factor also.  But you would think that over time the cervix would heal itself but maybe not.

I feel for ya.  This really does a mental number on a person.  I felt like I was the only one.  Bouncing from doc to doc and all of them scratching their heads not knowing what it was.  Even with my hubby, it is embarrassing. But thankfully for me he isn't selfish and he would rather I be healthy and happy than embarrassed and crying over it so we obstain but only about 3 to 4 times a month.

Hope this helps.  
Hello, I have had this problem since my teen years i'm now 31 going on 32. Have seen many doctors, they don't know what to do themselves, i'm not big on medicine or operations, I just wanted to know what was wrong. Anyway the most common diagnoses was the "friable cervix". But I wanted to encourage you to continue to try for your child, I have had 3 wonderful children despite my issue. So be encouraged, anything is possible, just believe, continue to get understanding but don't think just because you have this problem that children are not an option. My pregnancies actually helped the condition. It toughened my cervix so I the whole time I was pregnant, I didn't have to worry about it. It lasted after the pregnancies for a while too.

Thanks for your posts, I didn't realize so many women have this problem.
thanks for sharing your story!  I have spotting during ovulation and occassional bleeding during sex, also only during ovulation.  I keep thinking this is b/c I have HPV, but my paps come back normal.  I am 26 and want to have children in the next few years, but am plagued with thoughts that I won't be able to because of my 'condition.'  My dr doesn't seem to think it's an issue but I guess I am very paranoid, and pessimistic.  Again, thanks for sharing your story... it's very uplifting!
I have had the same symptoms for years & my OBGYN told me I had a friable cervix.  During my most recent exam I asked her exactly what that meant.  She explained that the cervix is made up of 2 types of cells, skin cells & gland cells.  She said that my gland cells were more exposed than the average person (apparently the skin cells form a barrier over the gland cells) and with irritation from intercourse or papsmears it causes the bleeding.  She said it's nothing to worry about.  
I also have this problem and my gyno told me that it's a condition that can pop up for no reason then go away after a year or two. My husband is currently deployed and I will be without sex for 10 months so I'm hoping that will cure my problem! I'll keep you posted!
The friable cervix is due to low progesterone levels which in turn usually lower estrogen levels too.  This thins the skin in the genital areas, the vulva as well as the cervix.  Sometimes the drop in hormone is due to stress, infection, autoimmune, adrenal or thyriod problems.  Your dr can help you narrow it down, but will more likely ignore it since they see it so often due to the epidemic amount of hormone imbalances in America.  It is probably not the friable cervix that is keeping you from concieving, but the underlying imbalance that causes the friable cervix
Thanks for the input! I've thought that I've had thyroid and other hormone issues for a while now but my Dr says that all my results are "normal". Of course my argument is that "are they normal for me?" but he just blows it off. Now I have one more thing to give me reason to believe I have hormone issues and I think it's time to look for a new Dr...
Hello, I too have a friable cervix and from all of the research I have done it's one of those anamolies they have no explanation for (yet). I've never found any conclusive research linking it to hormone imbalances. I have only had bleeding after sex from certain partners (an issue of size... in my case bigger ISN'T better). I also bleed like crazy after a pap. My gyn's have confirmed that, yes, if you just tap it with a swab it bleeds. My tests are all normal. I tried silver nitrate cauterization but it made me have horrible cramping, discharge, and bleeding for a week or two, so I won't be doing that again.

Its one of those frustrating things that has no magic cause or solution that we'll have to live with. OR we can all try to contact a research group to get studies done.
I would LOVE to be part of a research group! I have already been to 2 different gynos and they both have given me all STD tests and paps and everything came out OK. It is SO embarrassing when I bleed during intercourse! I do not even want to start dating anyone because of this.

I too have gotten the silver nitrate and it cramped like hell and only worked for about a month, then i began the bleeding during intercourse again.

What can we do?!
hi I also have the same problem. It's really annoying. I had silver nitrate put on my cervix and I had the same really bad cramping for like a few days and discharge for a week, and it was super uncomfortable. I really hope it actually works- I just had this done a week ago and I'm not going to have sex for a few weeks to let it heal. It's really uncomfortable and annoying to bleed after sex. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has this problem.

I just came back from my gyno 2wks ago with the same issue. First I was worried it could be a sign for cancer or something. Then she explained that my cervix's were friable. She gave a antibiotic called doxycycline hyclate which treats for a bacterial infection..so far since then everything seems ok but I only started bleeding after intercourse about a month ago. I'm not sure if all cases are the same but maybe an antibiotic would help
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone had an update on this condition and its solutions. For the past 3 months I've experienced bleeding during sex too. I've tried Doxycycline but it didn't do anything. My doctor wants to do a uterus biopsy again (had one 6 months ago) and maybe an ultrasound. I know for a fact that I have a friable cervix but i think she wants to make sure I am not bleeding from the lining of the uterus? She also switched me to a higher dose birth control pill.

Anyway, if it is just a friable cervix and since the nitrate silver doesn;t seem to work, what are the other options? In Europe, they also use laser to fix this but I dont think it is available here in the US.
Hi everyone
I have had the same issues for over a year now. Sometimes i bleed after or during sex and sometimes i dont. It all depends on the person i am with and their size and what postions we do and also where i am in my cycle. I find that after my period and before is usually when i have the bleeding. If i have sex in the middle i am usually ok. I also have been to doctor after doctor and to OBGYN's and had many tests done and everything is fine as far as STI's and all that. The only thing they can tell me is that i have a senstive or Friable cervix and they told me that it could be from being on birth control for so long.

I am 26 i started the pill when i was 12 to help with my periods and i was told by the doctors that when on the pill can thin out your cervix over time i dont know how true that is or not. It is very very frusterating to have this bleeding its like Russian Roulette sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt and when it doesnt i am sooo happy. But when it does i have to explian to the person why i am bleeding and can be very embrassing.
I hope that maybe one day it will stop as it does effect my sexual relations and can be very frusterating when there is nothing we can do to help it

I know what you are all going through
I have had this problem for about 2.5 years now.  For me it seemed to start following a pap which was painful for the first time ever, and caused me to bleed heavily for the rest of the day. From that point on I have had bleeding with intercourse about 75% of the time. All my paps have come back normal, I have tried the silver nitrate (which did nothing) and my now 3rd gyno has prescribed a heavy round of antibiotics to see if that would make a difference. This Monday I am going back to find out if the antibiotics have made a difference, and if not she will perform a leep (similar to what they perform if you have cancerous cells on your cervix). I have my fingers crossed that the antibiotics have made a difference, but I I'll keep you all posted on of either of this treatments work!
In the past couple of months I was told that I have a friable cervix as well.  I'm very happy to hear that I'm not alone in this and also very sad to hear that others must endure.  I've been having this problem for many years. I've had ultrasounds, antibiotics, birth control pills, nitrate, paps, coloscopies, and an additional LEEP procedure all in hopes of stopping bleeding during and after intercourse and between period bleeding.  I had about one year without any bleeding and thought that it was finally gone.  Then this past August it began again, with a new partner, and I was so very embarrassed and humiliated.  I hesitate to get involved with anyone because of this situation and having to explain that I've been to the doctor, I don't have an STD, I'm not sick or hurt, and there's nothing wrong.  Yet, I find it hard to sell that one myself considering that bleeding during sex hardly is "normal".  In addition, this problem definitely decreases spontaneity, afterall, who wants to deal with the possibility and likelihood (in my case) that there'll be blood on white sheets, the floor, clothing, bedding, etc.   I'm single and dating and getting somewhat comfortable with anyone is difficult enough without having to explain this.  I'm very sad about it.
Hello ladies. I see it's been a while since the last post but I am in the same boat as all of you. It was a little relieving to read about your situations. I have had this problem since I was 20. I am now 28 and would love to have babies soon. Please keep in touch on this post and share with us if any of you get some answers. My doctor is not worried about this, but I have been doing research and I am getting a little worked up. I am really looking for some answers. Thank you all for posting. Good luck to you!
I have an update for you all! I had been on birth control pills for about 10 years, so I tried getting off of them to see if this would have any effect on the bleeding during intercourse, and it did! It completely stopped!! I have been good for about 2 months now. I think the different hormones in our bodies make our cervix friable at times. I would reccomend that if you are on any kind of hormone therapy to try stopping it completely and see if it helps.
From what i have read on here i can only conclude that American doctors DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! This 'friable cervix' rubbish that your all talking about is wrong! You have an ectropian or ectropy of the cervix (as they are calling it now). It is most commonly caused by RAISED Oestrogen levels. So, if you are: pregnant, a teenager or on the combined oral contraceptive pill you are likely to have an ectropian. Only a small number of women with ectropians experience any symptoms. Please look up 'cervical ectropian' and educate yourselves.
I have been dealing with this same issue bleeding during sex for almost 2 years not it is horrible and no burning my cervix with nitrate didnt help i went threw that twice. the only relief i have gotten is from a drug called Cyklokapron  It stopped all bleeding for about 3 months. So insist your doctor give it to you and know its only a short term solution to a problem nobody seems to have an answer for other then having our female organs removed which at 35 im not ready to give up.  any cure for this issue would sure help save relationships and clean sheets.
I have this too. I have been dealing with it for a couple years and I've had many tests, tried flagyl and doxy and it's still "friable". It seems like it's just how I am. I would love to try getting off the pill to see if that's what is causing this problem but I don't want children. I am going to try another pill to see if it helps but I've tried a few pills and the conditioin hasn't changed. Very frustrating.
Wow... it's good to know that this seems more common than I thought. I've had experiences in the past where I blead after sex, but the last partner I had for 5 years was on the small side so I never had a problem. Just started dating another guy who is much larger and it's been very embarrassing. I had my Mirena taken out because the Dr. said it was rubbing against my glands on my cervix during sex and causing bleeding.. I had it removed in hopes that it would stop. We had sex a week later and it looked like the boston masacre... very frustrating to have to get up and shower and change sheets after sex! My dr wants me to do the silver nitrate treatments, but after reading and researching... not sure if it's worth it!
Laralynne - You might have something called VonWillebrand's disease. Look it up.  

Californiagirl- I think the only solution is to get off of the pill. Use other forms of birth control, with no hormones. I have found that hormones are NOT good for our bodies! Look up ectropy of the cervix.
I am going to agree with many it is the hormones it has to be. I have been on the pill continuously for endometriosis and I have now started to have issues with my cervix. I thought it was because of the pill and now I am almost 100% sure it is.  My hormones feel level right now since being on them but its causing all these issues.  I was given premarin and that caused a yeast infection so I am not sure where to go from here because it doesnt matter what I do I am screwed. I cant come off the pill or the endo will grow plus my hormones go crazy and I cant stay on it because of what its doing. I am opting on a hyster I am so done with all of this.  17yrs of suffering and it shows no signs of getting any better for me.,

I wish you all good luck
I am so comforted to know I am not the only woman dealing with this!!!!  I have had cervical bleeding with intercourse for several months now.  If anything comes near my cervix it bleeds!! Agh!  I am 35 and have had three children and have not been on any birth control for 2 1/2 years (so no hormones) (my husband had a vasectomy).  My Dr initially reported this as cervicitis.  I have never had an abnormal pap or STD.  I had the cervical cryosurgery--which did nothing but cause lots of discharge--gross!!!  I have not used tampons for 3 months. Double yuck!!!  Next round of treatment was vagifem (estrogen) and aminoserv, insertable medications for two weeks.  Guess what??? That didn't work either!  I am prepping for ANOTHER Dr. visit tomorrow, for follow up pap also.  This is sooooo irritating!!  My Dr. has mentioned "hysterectomy".  I am not sure I am ready for that---call me sentimental.  My SIL had a good point, without a cervix and uterus, then there are 2 fewer places to get cancer.  Also, evidently, I don't plan on any more children.  Any more information and support is appreciated!!!!  Good luck to you ladies!!!!
I have the same thing!! Though i've only had it for a few months! I only started being sexually active in December and ever since then its been an issue. I had an unltrasound done and an internal scan with a camera too. My doc sent me to a specialist and I found out I have Cervical Ectropion. He said that I should go from a 3 month pill to a 3 week pill and change up my hormones because he doesn't want to burn my cervix, he said i'm too young to do that and he doesn't want to ruin my chance of getting pregnant. Though if it doesn't clear up within 3 months he's going to have to burn it.
Hey ladies, I wanted to report back that I started a new birth control pill without estrogen and so far so good. It hasn't been long enough to give a true evaluation but I haven't had any bleeding after sex since changing pills. I am so happy and hopeful that it helps the problem. I am convinced I have some kind of hormonal imbalance, I have always dealt with pimples that only resolved when I started taking birth control pills - another clue IMO. I will report back again in a few more weeks. I used to spot everytime after sex, sometimes randomly thoughout the month as well, mostly during ovulation until my period but anytime really.
I get a tiny amount of bleeding after intercourse which started several months ago.  My doctor mentioned the word friable for the first time today.  I've been doing some research and reading this post so I'm not feeling as worried as I was two hours ago.  What concerned me was that during the pap test the doctor said the cervix looked normal but it looked as if there were alot of blood vessels around it which made it red and bleed to the touch.    Has anyone had the same experience? (ie diagnosis of a red cervix with lots of blood vessels to it)?  

While a friable cervix doesn't sound pleasant, I'll take that over the C word any day.
I am honestly having the same problem. We should start a club or something. I feel like its a very ambiguous diagnosis.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years and have been diagnosed with "unexplained" infertility. I can't seem to get any solid answers.  My ob/gyn did a culposcopy and she said as soon as she even touched my cervix with a q-tip it started bleeding.  As far as getting your period and sex, I am the same too. Also, it's not just a little blood... and it's always bright red.  But I have had clear paps and biopsies. I'm still suspicious, and I"m going to keep vigilant, but just to let you know, we are in the same boat! I don't, however, think that the sensitive cervix is the reason for infertility, but maybe we should be in a research study. ha! Feel free to contact me if you want :) We can vent together.
reading all these posts is helping me in feeling not so alone anymore. Here is my history: Last October of 2010 I had  LEEP for moderate dysplasia. The following February, of this year, 2011, I bled after sex. I was totally freaked out. I went for my follow-up PAP on March 31 and it came back totally NORMAL. The doctor said that an area had not quite healed from the LEEP and applied silver nitrate. That totally helped and all summer I had no bleeding after sex. This past August, I went for my second follow-up PAP and that too came back NORMAL! I was so happy. However, last night, I was with my friend and he fingered me with several fingers, hard and vigorously for a long time. Also, he had long fingernails. Gross, I know. That is totally not my style and I have no idea why he would want long fingernails.

Anyways, when I got home, I was bleeding bright red blood. Not enough for a tampon, but everytime I wiped the toilet paper was covered in blood. This morning and afternooon, it is still there, but seems to be tapering a bit. I am so worried that the dysplasia is back since I had that last year. But, my last PAP this past August, just two months ago, came back normal. ANyone experience bleeding a year after a LEEP?
I am still bleeding. I was tested over a year ago for HPV, came back with dysplasia 1. Tested negative last fall. Symptoms are still the same, like Sweetiechip's.
Mine sounds the same as others here. Here's mine, what I've learned and what we're doing about it:

I'm 28, married. I began bleeding with intercourse in late 2009 (married in 2007). Previously that year, I'd tried the Diva Cup as a method of protection while hiking. I don't wear tampons, because they are uncomfortable.
I've seen several OBGYNs since this issue began. I've had a colposcopy, blood tests, PAP smears and an ultrasound done. Except for HPV dysplasia 1, which was mild and has not shown up on the follow-up HPV test, the doctors are saying nothing is functionally wrong. I'm otherwise and always have been STD-free.
But intercourse is painful. Sometimes it feels like I get papercuts. Almost every time after sex, I have abdominal pain.
My husband deployed overseas for a year, and I saw him at about 6 months for two weeks. The pain was the most excruciating after the two long several-month breaks. I don't have outer pain, but sometimes the entire canal hurts. Sometimes it doesn't hurt at all. Bleeding doesn't happen every time, either, depending on position, level of penetration, and maybe amount of lubrication/arousal/tension.
I've been treated for "bacterial vaginosis" and "yeast infections" several times, with doxycycline and other antibiotics. This doesn't help. Perhaps because I don't think I've ever had either, as they didn't come back as such from tests—the doctors were guessing. I've begun refusing the antibiotics because they are the same I've been treated with before and I'm concerned about becoming an incubator for antibiotic resistance or harming my own body's flora. If the doctor wants to throw more antibiotics at it, they need to do a culture first.
I've been diagnosed with a friable cervix. My OBGYN called it something like "endometrian" -- it's where the vessels that are usually on the inside of the cervix are turned outward. PAP smears have always been painful (with pain and spotting lasting for up to two days following) since I was 19 and had my first one, which was 10 years ago, but sex has been enjoyable and not painful at all until four years ago. I've been on b/c for at least 7 years. My previous OBGYN switched me from phasic (ortho tri-cyclin) to non-phasic (zenchent) to try to address the bleeding, but no dice. My periods have always been mild and non-painful with little cramping, but recently I've been cramping more. I've noticed the pain intensifies when I get upset or stressed out, so when that happens, I ask for a hug, or I just stop what I'm doing and relax.
I'm seeing a therapist. She's got me doing the child's pose, the cat-camel and breathing/relaxing exercises. It's helping, as is increasing communication with my husband.
For the last five to six years ive been having the same issues.In the latter part of last yeae i started going to the dr. She told me i had an unusual sore on my cervix an scheduled me for a leep procedure with another obgyn.when i met with the new doc,she put the silver nitrate on the sore on my cervix and told me to wait at least 3 days. I did an for about a week,it worked.after the silver nitrate,she did an electrolyte procedure with a small chrome ball an kinda made the sore into a scalp. Needless to say,it didn't work either.she applied the silver nitrate again an told me to wait a week until sex,i did,an still it didn't work.now im scheduled to for cryotherapy in a few weeks.so hopefully this will fix the bleeding during sex.im just not thrilled about the healing process. An if that doesn't work,then there is a thing called the leep procedure.which was very last on my option list.
i feel the same way how do explain to a new partner Oh hey my vagina bleeds when i have sex makes u want to just distance yourself.. i too have a friable cervix. it was caused from vaginal trauma when i was touched at a young age. we should deff do research
It is very comforting knowing that other women are experiencing this problem also. I don't wish it upon anyone, but I felt very alone before I read all of these posts. I am thankful and glad to say that a friable cervix is all that is it. Googling "bleeding during sex" DID NOT help!! I was worried for 5 days over this.. praying that is wasnt cancer or anything else. My grandmother (my mother's mom) died from uterine cancer and my aunt (my mother's sister) had it in her fallopian tubes, but fought it, luckily. Having the history in my family made me more of a wreck. I am 28 years old and have never had bleeding during sex with any of my partners I have been with in the past. I did however have light spotting throughout my cycle in my past when I was on the pill. Once I got off, the spotting stopped and it was never during sex anyway. I am NOT currently on the pill and haven't been since a year and a half ago. In April I started dating a new guy (who by the way is well-endowed, unlike my ex-boyfriend) and I started bleeding during sex. It started out as light bleeding, but then would get heavy every so often. I NEVER experience pain with the bleeding and it goes away right after. I saw the gyno in June and he told me I had an inflamed cervix and prescribed me some cream. I used the cream and it didn't seem to work. I called the doc office and the nurses told me I needed to give it time to heal. I really didn't listen because my boyfriend works out of town during the week so when he is in we want to fool around. My annual was last Thursday, Sept. 5th and the doctor took a biopsy along with my pap after telling him I am still having issues. I explained to him the previous weekend I bled heavy during sex the one day then two days later we had sex again and it was barely there! I finally got the results today.. NO cancer, NO STD's and NO infections.. I was informed that I have a sensitive or friable cervix. I am going in to see him within the next few weeks to talk about options. I am so glad I got to read a lot of the options I have that many of you have gone through. I am thinking that some of the options are not worth it, but then again the bleeding gives me such anxiety. It is very frustrating and I feel like it ruins my sex life some days. I feel like crying every time I bleed heavily.. luckily I have a supportive boyfriend who is understanding.. but in a way I am sure it gets frustrating for him too. When I barely bleed we high five and celebrate! Haha.. Since I am not on the pill we use condoms and in a way I am tempted to try a different kind to see if that makes a difference. I am interested to see what options my doctor is going to give me. I hope I find some resolution to this problem as I hope all of you do!! I am just so so so thankful it is not something worse..
My gynecologist has prescribed an estrogen cream which is applied vaginally. Estrogen depletion can be a cause for a friable cervix (thinning of the skin on the cervix) so adding back estrogen via a cream can help. Ensure you've had a pap to rule out other issues. Due to fibroids I've been on low dose estrogen pill plus progestin to eliminate my periods. My dr believes the low dose estrogen pill is what might be causing the thinning of the cervical skin which then is prone to bleeding. This all seems reasonable and logical so I'll be trying the estrogen cream (Estrace). You're not alone.
Hi there, I am glad I found this group - I had some bleeding during sex and after I went to a specialist for a completely different reason (ovarian cysts) I asked her about it and she said it was an ectropian.  I've been to a different specialist now three times, two for the silver nitrate (which didn't work the first time, and worked the second time for only about a month).  I just had the laser treatment which they tell me is more permanent (I hope so!).  Just started dating a new guy too and the first couple of times we slept together there was no bleeding but the bleeding came back recently.  He was understanding, but is still curious and eager to get back in "the sack".  The laser treatment has a 4 week recovery period (meaning no sex) and I hope he is patient.  He has been great about it so far, but I always wonder.  This bleeding is very frustrating for that reason.  I hope this laser treatment fixes it for me!   I haven't been on Birth Control for a while ( it is just incompatible with my body, causes spotting, headaches, irritability and general feelings of awfulness) - I tried three different kinds over the course of a year before my boyfriend at the time and I agreed we should just switch to condoms.   So that's my story, I thought I would share it, hopefully it can help someone else go through this very frustrating thing!
Hi. I just wanted to say I've had a similar problem, bleeding during intercourse, sometimes quite alarmingly for over 20 years. I have been antibiotic'd zapped, creamed and frustrated many times.
I was married for 25 yrs and he got used to it. He had to! Since my divorce I've had another relationship during which time it seemed to get worse. Maybe because he was a bit younger than my ex?!
I have recently been told by my gynae that I have a small raised blood vessel just under the surface of my cervix.It bleeds on contact. Maybe the cause.
However, things have recently got a lot better since I started using a decent amount of artificial lubrication before kick off. Rarely bleeds now. A very simple, unexpected result. It just reduces the friction enough for me I think. Worth a try! Nothing to lose.