funny smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

funny smell

I'm 28 years old and i have 4 daughters. I've never had any smell before, but lately there is a funny smell that i'm noticing. I can smell it all over my body. Specially on my vagina discharge. the smell is like milk, is getting stronger everyday I sometimes think that it may be because i'm not drinking enough water, but I might be wrong, or because i've been to stress with school.But again I do not know what could it be .... please help me because is very uncomfortable my hole body smell funny..
IM 16 nd ive been havin this smel it smells weird
Sorry that I don't have a good answer for this question medically, but I am happy to see other ladies noticing changes in their bodies. It helps very much to know what 'normal' is for yourself, especially when you're healthy, to establish a baseline, of smells, appearance, etc. How else are you gonna know when something may be going wrong, if you don't know what is "right"?!

Self exams are a great thing to do (I do breast, vulvar, and, yes, vaginal with a speculum & a light). My female friends sometimes make fun of this, arguing, "Ali, you're no Dr." My reply is always as follows:

"You are absolutely right, I'm NOT a doctor. I have a very good ObGyn, and she's not with me 24/7, but I AM."

Both ladies above in this thread noticed a difference from what they expected. This is a good start. I always reccommend getting a pro opinion, but please don't always expect your doc to notice somehing that you should have brought up in the conversation! The doc or PA didn't examine you yesterday, or last week! I would bet a paycheck that most ladies, when the doctor removes the speculum and asks, "Any questions", sit there like  a deer in the headlights & respond, "NOPE, I'm good!" They are ready to bolt and get on with their day, missing a great opportunity to learn, and solve potential problems.

Remember, Ladies, YOU are the expert regarding your body. Make a list of questions you have about changes you've noticed BEFORE YOU GO, and take the list with you to your appointment. Learn all you can. Expect your health pro to answer you, and if you don't understand, say so, and ask for clarification.

I have been doing this only for a few recent years, and believe me, it works. I wish I had learned this earlier!! Don't be ashamed to ask for some  respect!!