hair color change
Hi! I'd like to ask a question about the hair changing it's color. Until I'm 14 yrs old, my hair color's kinda golden brown. My friends frequently ask me if i dye my hair, but the color is really natural. Then I colored it black when I was 14, and it had remained brunette until now. Im 20 yrs old now. Is there any medical explanation? Thank you! :)

My mom is a dark brunette, and until she was about 13 or 14, she was a sandy blonde.  Perhaps this was just what was going to happen for you at that time, and the matched timing with dying the hair was just a coincidence.  I have also heard someone say that when she did something chemical to her hair (but I think it was more than just dye), it changed permanently and was much more frizzy, and she was told (but not by a medical doctor) that she had shocked the roots of her hair.  This might just be one of those old wives' tales (that you can shock the roots of your hair permanently), since so much is done to hair and seems to have no long-term effect, from dye to straightening to those Brazillian Blowouts that are done with formaldehyde.  But if there is any truth to it, maybe you did change your roots.  I have trouble believing it because going dark would not have even involved any bleach.)  Anyway, if my mom's story is any indicator, often in the teens a light-haired girl will change to a darker-haired girl.  Last time I saw my blonde cousin, she was a brunette, and it had also happened naturally.