heavy bleeding
I am 44 yrs. old and have problems with very heavy bleeding and bad cramps. i have had an endometrial biopsy and am waiting for the results, have had an ultrasound and it showed some fibroids but nothing really large. the gyno has given me 3 options:an IUD to help control bleeding,  endometrial ablation or a hysterectomy. Does anyone have thoughts on any of these, any input would be much apreciated as I dont know what to do, but I am bleeding about 3 weeks of every month and feel lousy
My mom is the same age as you and they also recommended an IUD and she is going to try that before she goes any farther.  I think its worth a try, and i believe it is less painful than your other options. Good Luck!
thank you for that info. I have been doing some research and am a little scared of the IUDs and am leaning towards the ablation but not totally sure, have to decide in the next few weeks. Tell your mom good luck. I do believe that a hysterectomy is a last resort.