Women's Health Community
heavy period clots thick red with white
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

heavy period clots thick red with white

I started taking Ortho-Novum 1/35 almost 5 weeks ago to get rid of my periods (even though I have had tubiligation) because I've had very painful periods and suspect endometriosis.  My plan was to take them through the placebo weeks (starting a new pack rather than taking the placebo weeks) less 3 or 4 weeks per year.  I started late on a Wed. rather than a Sun. after my period taking the pills.  I'm on the 2nd Thurs. of the 2nd pack.  I still got my period though.  It came around Fri of the 2nd week instead of on the Sunday (that would have started the placebo week had I taken the placebos or no pills that week rather than starting a new pack).  I still have it now the Thurs. following that Fri. and it keeps getting worse and tonight instead of just blood, I am having the heaviest clots I've ever had, very, very thick and wide and flat at places with a lot of clearish-white mixed into the solid pieces.  Part of it is normal bright red.  4 red clumps the size of b. control pills, but more spherical were kind of in a row.  It just looked very weird and disturbing, not like any clots I've ever gotten before and I am 36.   Any ideas on what could be wrong if anything?