heavy periods after an abortion

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

heavy periods after an abortion

I had a D&C at 12 weeks in December 2003. After that, my periods got very heavy and almost unbearably painful in the first 2-3 days. They still last the same amount of time - 6-7 days - but it seems like I'm expelling so much more tissue now. I went on the pill in May 2006 and since then everything's been fine, and my doctor hasn't noticed anything during my yearly exams. Is it possible that the termination just altered my body chemistry, causing my body to produce more endometrial lining? Or is it a sign of endometriosis or adenomyosis or something more sinister? Just wondering if anyone had any idea what could have caused the change.
I had a m/c last year and had a D&C.  I noticed my period after my procedure was a lot heavier than I was used to.  But, after the second or third it was back to normal.  I did go back on the pill and that may have something to do with it.  Not sure why you are still having heavy periods and discomfort.  May be a good reason to visit your dr.
Anyone over age 65 should remember ...
26 mins ago by gymdandee
IGF1 and Muscular Development
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
gymdandee commented on Protein Dessert That ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals