help... spotting brown blood

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

help... spotting brown blood

Hi, I recently gave birth to my baby last December.before I left the hospital they gave me the depo-prevera birth control shot. I stopped bleeding and about 2 weeks ago began spotting brown blood with little clots.what could be the cause?
You need to get the depo provera shots after every 3 months. If you have missed the march shot then this spotting can be due to return of periods or intermenstrual bleeding. Intermenstrual bleeding could be due to pregnancy, birth control pills, infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and even the bladder). Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Belle313 commented on hansen20's status
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
Jul 28 by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals