hoe to get rid of a cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hoe to get rid of a cyst

HOW CAN I GET RID OF A CYST WITH GOING TO THE DOCTOR. DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO GO PLEASE HELP!
more info. please.....
where is the cyst? how big/small is the cyst? how do you know it is indeed a cyst?
unless you place a HOT cloth on it (often) to draw out the pus, there is nothing you can do at home.
RIGHT BY BUT AND I AM NOT SURE
IT IS THE SIZE OF A DIME MAYBE A LIL SMALLER AND VERY PAINFUL
it could be acne... and it could be infected and turn into an abcess (abscess) if it is that painful

I agree on the hot compresses to bring a head to it
how long has it been there?
what color is it?
is it inside of your rear end by your anus? OR is it on your butt cheek?...sorry.

man, you sure are making us work here!!
what about the idea of a hemmoroid?
ps--> I do have a cyst on my labia.. the dr diagnosed it as a bartholin gland cyst. They told me that it will get bigger and smaller but will never go away without surgery (that they do not do until it gets huge). They did however say that heat compresses should cause it to get smaller (and if it doesnt to call immediatly) and that it shouldnt be painful (and if it gets that way I need to be seen)

so all that said, I REALLY think you need to see a dr
I KNOW ITS GROSS BUT RIGHT IN THE CRACK NOT LEAKING
girl...nothing here is gross. when it comes to health. do you think it could be a hemoroid?
ITS NOT AS BIG AS A DIME JUST A LIL SMALLER.RIGHT BY THE HOLE.IT IS SKIN COLOR. I HAD ONE BEFOR BUT NOT THERE
ALSO WAS NOT THIS BIG AND REALLY DIDNT HURT IT WAS ON MY ARM PIT
COULD IT BE FROM THE PADS I AM USING FOR MY PERIOD GOT IT RIGHT AFTER I GOT IT
could it be a boil?
Perhaps a pilonidal cyst?  These form at the base of your tail bone (above or even in the "crack").  These are extremely painful (but not harmful) and should be drained or removed...
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SO SCARED  DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FIRST
try the hot compress first.  wet, hot compress is even better.  do you have a heating pad?  dampen a washcloth (make sure you wring out excess water) and apply to the sore.  cover with saran/plastic wrap - even a plastic grocery bag will work.  make sure the damp washcloth is completely covered with plastic wrap and then cover with the heating pad.  if that doesn't help over the next few days, check in your local telephone book to see if you have a free or low-cost health clinic nearby.  good luck :)
THANK YOU EVERYONE I WILL TRY THE HEATING PAD AND STUFF LET YALL KNOW HOW IT GOES
   THANKS AGAIN
I had a bartholan (sp?) cyst once in my labia - felt like the size of a golf-ball. It started off as a little pain down there and then by the afternoon I had a derlious fever and was taken home from work. I had to be booked in for day surgery and had it removed under general anaesthetic...well worth it - it's never come back. That was about 10 years ago before I had kids. I don't know if your cyst could be a similar one - maybe a gland that has been overworked or agitated or something like what others have posted here. Either way - perhaps you could try the compresses and maybe got to a pharmacist (drug store) and ask them if you can apply any creams/ointments until you have enough money to see a dr. I am still stunned that you guys have to pay up front over there in US for such basic healthcare. Thankfully in Australia we have medicare so visits to the dr and some public hospital surgeries and visits are covered. I hope it works out well for you.
Yeah, it sounds like a boil to me. You've got some great advice here. The only thing I would add is hot baths with epsom salt help, too.
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF A BOIL?
here is a website i found which is helpful:   http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/boils-and-carbuncles/DS00466.

just keep a close eye on it.  if it becomes infected you will need antibiotics!
The advice that sk2006A gave you was great. Read the article she posted, and check out the dermatology forum here...just put "boil" in the search line. Keep that area clean using anti-baterial soap and neosporin-type ointment.
WHEN I GOT OUT OF THE TUB TODAY IT STARTED TO DRAIN
WHAT NOW?
draining is good - a step towards healing.  make sure you keep it VERY clean.  an antibiotic cream might be a good idea.
the tub started to drain or your cyst? okay, okay, that was bad...just adding humor...or trying anyway.
the fact that it drained/popped should bring you some relief, a LOT of relief. you can just leave it alone or put some ointment mentioned above on it but should be fine now.
you know, there is a chance that it may come back again in the future in the same spot. HOT BATHS/CLOTHS if it does.
now tell the truth, it drained all by itself right??? you didnt lance it yourself or anything crazy like that? you can cause major infection if so.
it drained on its own. that was funny to
should i cover it or what?
is it oozing? i may just let it be. not a good spot to slap a bandaid on it or anything. unless you want to put a piece of gauze and bandaid on it with/without ointment. i just think once its drained your golden!
THANKS
Hi, My names Maurice.

I had something similar on the rear of my neck. It started off as a tiny thing then ended up being
about 0.5cm diameter. It remained that size for 8 months
Smooth on the top but very firm. It can move so it's not cancer.

Then I guess one day after I went to the gym last week it just got really painfull and swollen.
Now it's a square inch in size.
I can't even lay down properly at sleep time. Not nice at all.
Man - it certainly doesnt look nice when I use two mirrors to see what it looks like.

I went to my local doctor and he prescribed anitbiotics. (penicilin)
He said come back in approx 2 weeks and then he will decide what to do.
I've been on the pills he prescribed now (4 per day) for 3 days.
This thing has only become larger in size.

The smooth firm head is in the middle. Around the edges is tender.
Should I try bursting it.
Is there a way to draw out the fluid to make it far more comfortable.

How? What should i do. It's quite depressing!
Should I refrain from my usual workout routine as it makes me sweat more?

This thing is becoming more inconvenient. Needless to say I wont be going out
much (only to work) as this thing is ugly.
Please help
i have a Bartholin's Cyst atleast i think i do i looked it up on the net in it said that was it but  does a warm bath actually work cuz im afriad to go to the doctors... wut is it caused from???
now that is draining u should put an piece of gauze between the boil and your crack that way it want drain in other area's and just keep it clean u also can use an cream called (boil ease) it really work as well
has any one ever had an laparoscopy done before?
Don't be tempted to squeeze it. It probably looks bigger because the antibiotics are bringing it to a head. Just follow the advice that has been given here about hot compresses on the area and take some pain relief if needed. The antibiotics should do the job and you're under the care of your Dr. Keep the area clean, sweating could possibly aggravate it. Good Luck.
I think I have a cyst on the back of my leg, it is quite painfull and it is in the middle of a scar that I have from an operation. Im worried that it could be something bad to do with the scar, should I go to the Dr or just try the hot cloth thing?
I have cherry-sized lump on the right side of my vagina near the opening.  It has gotten considerable larger in the past few days.  I saw my doctor when it was smaller and she said it was completely normal whatever that's supposed to mean...now I have to go back again because it's getting worse and is painful to the touch and during intercourse.  It feels almost like it is attached to the bone.  Could it be cancer?
I have the same problem mine is starting to swell up and i think an extra skin is growing with it...what i have been researching about it,it says its a barthilion cyst not cancer
It's so strange...I've never had anything like this in my life before.  Mime seems to be getting bigger each day.  I did the same research about the cyst but it sounds like most people have been able to squeeze it and a white protein substance comes out.  Although with mine...it's so deep under the skin there is no opening where anything could come out.  It's hard and bulging out.  I better go the the doctor again.  Hopefully it's nothing serious!  Hope you are okay too.
Neither have i, it is strange i wouldn't of never knew what it was if i wouldn't have researched it.Mine has stayed the same i have had it for a couple weeks now and i've been doin the sitz bathe and warm compress but i dont do it often but it sounds like the same thing..
Yes I believe that's what it is...the Bartholin cyst.  I have an appt tomorrow evening to get it checked...sounds like I mine might be absessed...it's even bigger and it hurts.  I'll probably have to have it drained...yikes!
well let me know what the doctor says i have an appt in 2 weeks so i got to wait!! sucks!!
Well I went to the doctor the other day and she prescribed two kinds of antibiotocs to be taken twice daily for one week.  I just started to take them yesterday and I woke up this morning and the cyst had burst.  I wasn't sure at first if it was my period or the cyst but later confirmed it was the cyst...it was a bloody substance but had a strange smell...eww!!  I also put a hot compress on it last night so I think that combined with the antibiotics has worked.  It is still seeping but the swelling has gone way down.  I hope this is the end of it...never had anything like this before.  I hope all goes well with you...let me know.
I have a weird bump on the bottom left inside my vagina. I don't know what it is and I'm scared to go to the doctor. It's very painful.
What if its the size of a pea? I just noticed it a few days ago, I have been taking really hot baths and soaking to help!!! Is that a good Idea??? Its not painful just a little uncomfortable and irritated, I thought I had a yeast infection but then I felt the lump under the skin, under the clitoris hood.....has anyone else had this same thing??? And what else can I do??? Will it pop like a pimple??? Thanks
I have the bartholin cyst right now and its been here for two days now. I've been doin the hot compressess and im going to try the epsom salt bath tonite. But I just wanted to kno how do I know when it comes to a head and how long does it take to finally drain on it own. Im getting impatient and wants this gone like NOW! Please help
a  bartholin cyst should be checked by a doctor i have a Pilonidal cyst that started out to be small dident hurt then got bigger now went to doctor and its got to 2 1/2 inches in length and hurts like no tomorrow so i have surgery in a week being put under (goin to sleep) and from experience only try the hot compress a few times if you dont see improvment then go to the doctors cause you dont want a cyst infected 100 times worse pain like mine

I keep getting recurring bumps under my arms, especially after I shave. They hurt and are very hard, but if I keep messing with them they'll eventually "pop" and excrete a sticky yellow substance. I also get one every once in a while on my upper thigh. I "popped" it today and a hard white thing shot out that was wrapped around a small piece of hair. I also think I may have sacral dimples, because I have a bunch of small holes down the "crack" but they aren't red or anything. One of them, if I push it, will either secrete a lot of blood or puss. I am in college and don't have health insurance, but our health center just gave me antibiotics which haven't helped. I don't know if all of these things are cysts, or coincidence, or what's wrong with me. Please offer any advice. I've been taking warm baths, warm compresses. I've tried everything that I can think of. They're very painful.
Hi i read this post and i hope that someone here can help i have a cyst about .25 inch on my butt crack, i looked at a possibilty of a pilonidal cyst and i think that is what i have i dont know what to do , i had it for 6 months now and it has been getting bigger and smaller constently please can someone help me or give me any advice on how to treat it with out going to the doctor.
I have something similar, and when I went to the doctor he gave me an antibiotic, Ciproflaxin, commonly known as cipro. He said not to slouch on it or put on added pressure to the spot, and to take a warm bath at least once a day. Hope that helped.
I don't know if anyone is still using this, but I got a pea sized lump underneath my skin next to my clit which I noticed yesterday. I talked to the pharmacist at work today (to see if I needed a doc), and she said it's minor. She suggested popping it (and said a lot of "white stuff" will be emerging from the skin) or using a hot compress. She said that it's going to be more tender considering the tissue down there is thinner. And also, if the size grows bigger, to go see a doctor with the possibility it could be something else.
i have been getting what look like blind boils in my arm pits and on my vagina and in my groin area , i have had them for yrs and have some nasty scars from them as well ,have been to the dr many times i have even had a couple lanced but still they keep coming back , mostly around my vagina and groin ans really fed up with them as they reapear every couple of weeks and are very painfull it seems to be when i am due on my period , has anyone got any good advice plz. bex
My boyfriend has a very hard lump on his back which doct conf it's a cyst. He's tried to pop it and it smells like rotten eggs. It gets smaller but indeed comes back a few daws large again. What do I do... Help me
Help! I think I have the same, painful lump now the siz eof a half grape. but just now I've got a pain in the front of my groin, top of my leg. Does this mean I've possibly got something horrible in my bloodstream? I've asked a doctor for advice but she hasnt got back to me and I have training courses in another country next week, but am worried i should see a doctor as soon as possible rather than leaving it another week. I will try the hot compress tonight, but I can hardly sit down! Help!!
okay butt is hurting alot i think i have a cyst my mom is not the best mom and will not take me to the doctor ill leaving to new york in a couple of hours i need suggestion fast on what i could do. PLEASE HELP!!
hi allll i hav same thing a big lump like a golf ball to the inner right of my vagina, i went to my docs about a year and half ago it was only small and nurse sed it was normal now i have been back as its bigger they sent me to a gyneacoligyst (however it is spelt lol) and they confirmed it was a barthollins cyst. i now have a date next month to get it drained under general anaesthetic! good luck to you all who have the same but GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GET IT CHECKED!!! i was on antibiotics from my docs and they also told me to hav salt baths but 2 weeks later nothing changed.glad i have a date now to get in sorted!
Not sure if its a pilonital cyst. Doesnt sound like quite the right spot or as painful. Had one my senior year of high school. I thought I was dieing. Finally had surgery and was in the hospital 3 days. HORriffic.
I found out i had one of these whilst giving birth! The midwife started saying "what is it that?" They got a doctor in and as my sons heading was popping out he diagnosed me, but mine never get any bigger then a pimple, and i haven't been told anything other than the name. but thanks for the hot compression tip, i'll try that some day aye. =]
I have a lump over my clitoris recently and it is not painful.I have no idea what is it.How can I make it go without going to doctor? Is it dangerous? Please help me.
This might be HIDRADENTITIS Suppurativa. Check that out.
Well I'm about to turn 16 and I found a bump on my upper right leg around my "area" and my mother told me it was a cyst. I'm really scared right about now and I have NO idea what to do!
Try putting a vinegar soaked rag on it and hold it there. You may want to wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit there all night. The next day sometime it should pop. It will also take away some of the pain of something rubbing against it. I have an aunt who gets these all the time, I have just recently gotten my first. She does this and it generally pops the next day. She said do it the next night if it doesn't pop the next day, but hers generally do. When it does begin to drain/pop it is very messy and will result in a rotten egg smell. It's always best to try to wear darker clothing that will not show the mess as much and bring a change of clothes with you so you can clean yourself and change your clothes as soon as possible after it happens.
im really scared i have a bump right near my vagina and i dont know what it is. its about the size of a pea and it doesnt hurt. what do i do?????
Hi could anyone help me? I had an abscesson on my lower left bum cheek, I got put to sleep and had it removed but since then I have had 3 more I went to my GP he gave me antibiotics 3 a day for a week and I have finished them but another one has come up! They are really painfull! I just want to know why do I keep on getting them even after surgery :(
I have a very hard purple ball right on the inside of my vagina! It doesn't hurt at all but it's a perfectly round hard purple ball under the skin! Like a marble! Help!!!!!!  It wasn't there three weeks ago
What color is it? Is it inside your vagina? I just noticed I have one too!
I think i may have something similiar to what you have described. Mine feels deep under the skin, i am to afraid to go to the doctor. I've had this for over 2 months now and it grows and shrinks. Sometimes i manage to aggrivate it and the outer skin goes a purpley bruised kind of colour, i'm getting quite worried now- please let me know how your doctor appointment got on
I just tested positive for cancer on this hanging out of my crotch like this cyst.. Getting 2nd & 3rd opinions first.  I am filled with these things but there is a huge one taking over my uterus and it looks like an octopus. Even have in salivary gland. Already have fibro-adinoma im my breasts. Cyst in upper left lobe of liver, sinus and right ovary.  What the heck?
I bought Bartholin Rid and my cyst burst within 1-2 hours. You can get it at www.BartholinRid.com  I've been suffering with bartholin cysts for about 5 years now and I've had it drained with a catheter, I've gotten it lanced, and it always comes back on the same side but the Bartholin Rid was the most effective for me. Hope this helps.
I also had a bartholin cyst. I first looked up the location of the bartholin glanda and ducts. Then, in a hot sitz bath, I started massaging the fluid in the cyst toward the duct. On the second day, a brown discharge came out. The third day, I squeezed and beared down (as if I was in labor). It seemed to help the fluid escape as I expressed the cyst. Again, it started with a brown fluid, then it turned yellow, to milky white, to watery and clear.I cleaned the area then applied antobiotic ointment. I would suggest this option referred to as "milking the cyst" so surgical intervention. This way the fluid is being expressed through its natural opening. New incision offer new ways for bacteria to enter and will likely land you back in the same position. Its probably best to get started on the "milking" method as soon as possible so that you are able to get the best results.