honest answer re: female genitalia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

honest answer re: female genitalia

gosh, i already feel a little embarassed about posting this question, but i really would like an honest answer! Trying to keep this short,I guess as surprising as it is I have been somewhat naive to the fact that men think large labia minora are disgusting? My husband loves mine (ugh, sorry i am just trying to explain my insecurity)even though i've always felt like I was not sexy "down there". The other day a couple of my co workers made the remark about a "roast beef *****"... i had never heard that term but right away I was pretty sure I knew what they were talking about. Just a bit ago I looked up the term online and my suspicions were correct. I truely want to know the general feeling on this. Is it not sexy to have large labia minora? Does having large labia minora mean you have a "loose *****", and are not the "ideal tight..." Sorry to be so descript. Is having larger labia minora mean that your tendency to smell bad down there is greater? Again, I would appreciate honest answers, I am not looking to hear "if your husband enjoys it that is all that matters". Thanks to everyone who replies to this.
Sorry, I dont know. maybe this is not the proper site to have asked this question. I just didnt want to go to some porn site and ask this and get **** back for answers, you know? well thanks if you can reply to this.
roast beef pu&&y hahah. no it really doesnt matter in the whole scheme of things. all bodies come in different shapes, sizes and colors and not one is more perfect than the other. the minora have nothing to do with the term "tight"> be proud of your body and know that there is no "norm" to this. who cares what any women at work think. and yes it really should only matter what the hubby thinks. if he loves the roast beef then there is nothting to worry about haha. i really have never given thought to that part. i always felt it was the way it was supposed to be. stand proud and offer horseradish!! (just kidding on that one OUCH)
Not too long ago someone posted about this, I think they eventually went to the mens forum w/it, anyway the good news is that we all learned that guys could care less & r just happy to be there :) LOL We even decided that if we had no lab. they  don't care just happy to be there :) Non of the guys complained abit on the post :)So u r fine don't stress abit have fun :)
You are so funny...lol
thanks. I appreciate your answers. I am just starting to explore this site, maybe I will repost this question on the mens forum and see what i get??
This is a funny question. I really don't know the answer, but to tell ya the truth....I've wondered the same thing. lol Roast beef?  Could be like a taco too. lol That's a new one for me. It's one of those questions ya wonder,but never ask. Glad you did. One of those donwn yander questions. I have seen on t.v. where women have had surgery down yander to make it prettier. Heck, some have their anus bleached! I figure everyone is different, and it's all what your hubby likes. Like some men like more cushoin for the pushin. lol I don't know about the tightness. Try the kegal exercises. Don't know if they work, but I do them daily. Once again, nice question.
I guess I never noticed the size of my labia minora.  How do you know if it's small, medium or large?  Can I get that super sized?
I doubt there is a difference in smell b/c some women have bigger labia...depends on cleaniness i would say..not the size.
And like the other's say, most men do not care...just glad to be there.
That surgery is just playing on women's fears, and it has a lot of risk of really bad complications.  I am not surprised women are the ones tossing around pejorative terms for the genitals -- men don't give a damn, any naked female genital is a good female genital.  It's only women who snip and snipe at each other and try to make each other feel insecure.  Tell your female pals that they are nuts to add something to the list to feel 'wrong' about.
Bah! I have no idea if mine is large or small or average...thank God I've only been with ONE man and thank God he's only been with ME because he doesn't know either!! ha ha ha!

Seriously, I honestly don't think that many men feel disgusted by it.
thanks
You crack me up.
A taco.

I'll never see tortillas the same way again.
last post too funny.....Some women really obbsess about this.  It makes you wonder,.....how do they have the time to sit in front of a mirror and look at their genetals for that length of time.  At first when I first,....you know when I first saw pic's of other womens genetals I thought what is wrong with miy Cliterus,  Why is it so big.  But then I saw bigger ones and felt way better about myself.  Some womens genitals are more pronounced then others.  I think mine are fine.  I don't care much what they look like.
thanks again for the honesty, i'll check the site out
Man, Anniebrooke tells it like it is. We're our own worst enemy. You could say your labia looks like roast beef, or you could say it looks like a butterfly. Too bad your friends are so filled with self-loathing. Just think what our society and our lives would be like if we all just had a little self-acceptance and self-love.

Anyway, for comparison look at www.bettydodson.com... and check out "Femalia", by Joani Blank. All labia are different in color, size, shape, texture. As Betty Dodson says, labia are like snowflakes--all are different, and all are beautiful.
large labia have nothing to do with smell or tightness. i am large and havge a sweet nice scent and am also very very tight. my labia just happen to be long and large. i hate them too. i wish they were small, but i am tight and sweet smelling.
My current gf has large labia and I totally love it.  I have always been with women who had small labia minora, I had always fantasied about larger labia and how much more enjoyable it would make oral sex for me.  I am not sure if it was because I had that thought, but for me... I can`t get enough of her labia.  She has no smell almost at all and tightness never has much to do with anything from my experience.  If you have a nice tight/ smelling vagina with large labia, then women should be jealous of you... not the otherway around (at least in my opinion).
I hope this is not a duplicate comment but it did not appear that the first went through. First---THANK YOU for asking this question. I too have wondered about this. I am 46 and I am with a considerably younger man, and from time to time I can't help but wonder about this too. I enjoy my sex life very much and I consider myself very open, and yet I can't ask him this one question. So instead, I worry from time to time that perhaps visually I am not so exciting. He has never implied this, but I have noticed a change in my body through the years.The comments left have left me feeling more secure (although if I could wave a magic wand, and "tighten" it all up a bit I would!). This may sound odd, but I am not so insecure about the tightness of my vagina, but rather the outward appearance of it. DOES ANYONE know if there is anything besides surgery to improve this? And does surgery to the outside only, (to tighten up), have sensitivity side effects? kchick----you are brave and should not feel embarassed. And I know what you mean about not wanting to hear, "if your husband enjoys it, it's all that matters." (If we are with someone, and they are happy and enjoy us, we still worry that they may just be to kind to tell us.)
Actually, there are a lot of men who would die have a woman with large inner lips. It gives the man something to play with when he's down there. Be as proud of them as your husband is. By the way, most men don't like them because it makes their penises seem smaller. Sad how we shift the blame, huh?
I hope so.
I hope so.
Young men are likely much more judgmental than older, experienced, men.  We know that labia and clitori look different just like some penis bend to the right, left, up or down while others are thick, thin, short, or long.

Unfortunately, I'm just your average 6" straight guy though my wife thinks "curved up" is normal because she's inexperienced and that's all she's had besides me.

Ignore the critics and enjoy your own sexuality.  I guarantee there will ALWAYS be someone out there that LOVES your individual appearance "below the waist".  Oh, and by the way, looks "above the waist" aren't all that important either (I've always liked girls with glasses, blue jeans and white T-shirts, and show thru nipples [not necessarily together nor in that order]).

Yes, the vagina can be "tightened" and different parts can be anatomically changed, but the risks (to me) aren't worth it.  Very few of us look like the images in Penthouse, Playboy, or Playgirl (damn, I wish I looked like the later), but as long as you don't demand it in your boyfriend(s)/spouse (or girlfriends), the stereotypical "beauty" persona won't continue.

I thought about this over the weekend as we visited Greenville, SC where some handicapped kids were at our hotel.  I feel bad because instead of saying anything nice to one particular girl, I ignored her.  Instead, I helped a girl of similar age at the breakfast bar.

We perpetuate this image thing in our own actions.  We can all change it.  It's almost like "paying it forward", but it's really just one way we can 'pay it back to ourselves.'

-Bill
seriously.......i don't think it should matter, large labia, small labia, whatever...you should be happy with yourself(especially if your husband is happy with you and your large labia)....i am a 35 yo straight man who has been with quite a few women, some with LARGE labia and some with small labia...i have found that the size of the labia does NOT go hand in hand with being "loose" or "tight"...and does NOT effect having a "smell"....i am married now to a wonderful woman who has HUGE labia minora, each are about 2 and a half to 3 inches long, give or take(i have not actually gone down and measured ha ha )....i find it to be very sexy.......so enjoy what you have....use your imagination....you can find some interesting things to do with your labia that will not only please your husband, but yourself as well.....:)
I too have large labia minora and am embarrassed by it.I am in a 13 yr relationship which im not happy to be in but this problem keeps me from moving on...this man knows how i feel about my appearance down there and has tried to make it like it isnt an issue but i know differently because a few times when he had been beyond drunk he insulted me and called me a ****...My labias have gotten enlarged from a very young age..I was introduced to masturbation @ the age of 6 with running the shower head on my poom poom never knowing what i was doing was wrong(learned this from 2 other children who happened to be victims of sexual abuse my an uncle)for this reason i havent had many partners. and with that being saidi feel like any man would look at me and just assume im a ***** whos been around when really ima freak dying to come out!..I currently have 3 men behind my tail because they see the drama im my relationship but im 34 as they are 20,23 and 38..I feel like the younger ones would be turned off so i wont even consider but damn it,i wish i could meet men like the ones here who say they appreciate them and knew this in advance cuz damn it,its time for me to get mine!! ):
I love women with large labia and large clits.  It is such a turn on when they pose in tight panties and their clits and labia's protrude into the panties causing a slight bulge.l
I also find women with large clits are much more sensual and enjoy oral sex much greater then other woman.
I am 67 years old and happily married however, during my single days, I always sought out women with large labia's and clits.
You are blessed and other woman are jealous.
I wish i could tell you i know its normal but i can't all i know is that alot of women have it. I do and i'm only 14. I have large i guess what they call "Lips" i hope i know what your talking about. But anyway i have large vaginal "Lips" too except mine are wrinkly and they just dangle and i cry alot about it:( Can anyone tell me if having wrinky, big, dangly, "Lips" is normal? please answer me and don't make fun of me:(