Women's Health Community
how can you tell when you are fertile
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how can you tell when you are fertile

i was just wondering if someone could tel me how to figure out when exactly you know when you can get pregnent so that i avoid those few days..
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
148691_tn?1260198503
Well, i definetelly agree with the other poster, if you don't wanna have kids...then use a contraceptive instead of trying this very unefficient and irresponsible method.
Go to your doctor and ask for the pill....it's a lot easier than counting days.....;)
Blank
Well the first common thing anyone will say, if you really don't want to get pregnant you should be taking the pill and using condoms.

Basically whatever your cycle lengh count back 14 days from the start of your period and that will tell you roughly when you ovulate. Eg if you have a 28 day cycle you will ovulate around day 14. Also remember sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days so be awhere of that.
Blank
I also agree..It is easier to prevent pregnancy by taking some form of BC than playing it by ear, counting, or other unreliable methods..This is how "accidents" happen, if you are not ready for that, than you definately need to find a BC that is right for you..Most Bc is not that expensive, but trust that is a lot cheaper than a child..
Blank
I have had trouble with bc pills. If you chart your temp, cervical mucus and cervical position, it's very easy to tell when you ovulate. HOWEVER, use some prevention at least 3 months so you get an accurate idea of your body's cycle. My cycle is short, so it's really easy for me. Some find it too hard to chart every day, but for me it's not any harder than remembering a pill. I just keep the chart in the BR and check every night. Google fertility charts and read up about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...