how do u fix inverted nipples without a surgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I started developing breast since i was about twelve everything seemed to be going fine until i was about fourteen i noticed that my nipples were inverted.They pop out whenever i take a bath mainly because i'm cold or something and they also pop out when the time is really cold then it goes back in.I am petite and i am a 32B. The clevage and everything is ok but i dont go to the beach or wear clothes that reveals my nipples or anything because it lies flat almost in a hole or something.I worry about having kids and breastfeeding but when it has been provoked like i often try to pull it out or when my fiance ***** it it stays out for a couple minutes and goes back in.He doesnt really care about it he loves me anyway and im just not comfortable with the way it looks.I didnt tell my mom about it when i was younger because i thought it was normal and as my breast grows it will pop out but i recently turned twenty and i'm beginning to feel their is no hope for my boobs.

Please somebody help me tell me what to do im scared to go to the doctor to check it out to see if it's cancer or something major bad but my fiance thinks that its normal and im not weird just extra special.
Hi, There is nothing we can say to resolve your nipple problem. This is a medical issue and the proper person to evaluate your condition is a doctor. I doubt it is cancer, but why would you want to risk early stages of cancer out of fear of going to a doctor immediately. Try to find a female gyne or have your mother or a friend acompany you for support, this is something that needs to be checked out by a doctor, not a forum...good luck and go get yourself taken care of right away.
This is more common than you think. It's not a medical necessity and the only way (that I have heard of) it can fixed is through plastic surgery.

I have a friend who has the same problem. She was not able to properly breast feed her children. She tried though! The hospital gave her what looked like a big syringe without the needle to suction her nipples out so she could breast feed, but the only thing it did was make her sore and the nipples STILL wouldn't come out. She gave up and bottle fed her babies.

Mine are inverted also. Im 17 and it really is more common then you think but my mom is a public health nurse she got me a breast pump for pregnant women you know to get breast milk out but I get it almost out and it wont come out anymore.. so I dont kno wat to do..
You can't really fix inverted nipples, but it's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed of.  It's a lot more common than you think.  As for breastfeeding there are ways to work around it.  Tricks to pull the nipple out in order to help baby latch.  I have breastfeed 3 kids and have inverted nipples...one of them is worse than the other.

http://www.pippetop.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2#
i am turning 40 real soon. have had this problem all my life. my partner of 23 years is only 1 to ever see my breasts & i am still not comfortable with it although he is. had 3 kids - never breast fed. just told my best mate 2 weeks ago why i am the way i am. huge weight off my shoulders but would not advise others to do this. lucky she is an angel.
i know everyone says love your body and blah blah blah but if it really bothers you i say fix it. its your body and you should feel good about it. no reason to accept what you were given as where you must stay. otherwise wed never dye our hair or paint our nails, even wearimg makeup wouldnt be necessary. so anyway i pierced mine or rather got them pierced at a reputable, safe parlor. this was about a year ago. i later took the jewlery out because it was limiting certain uh activities lol but they are still nice and everted just how i want them! the piercing was much cheaper and safer than surgery but make sure you go someplace that is safe, sterile and get a consult first. nipples that are tpo severely inverted can only be everted with surgery. hope this helps!
Retracted nipples is a bother but so far as breast feeding a baby is concerned it is a bother in mind only. See, a baby feeds by sucking on from behind areola and not on nipple, if it ***** nipples they get sore. Baby has to pull back and squeeze out milk from behind the areola to front as the ducts containing milk are subarolar and sollen there. Like a toothpaste baby grips behind areola and squeezes to front by pulling - pressing.
The breast size does not matter as number of milk glands are same in all ; the size is due to fat in it (or may be silicone beneath it !! ).
There is grading of it too. Like gr 1 is no bother; gr 2 treatable; gr 3 untreatable.
And devices like cut syringe pulling, manual squeeze and even sucking by a husband/ bf have also been reported.
I am saying though is that as baby is sucking at areola donot worry about or even treat retracted nipples. Loose bra which does not stuff back it in is only required. Large nipples in a baby with small mouth/ mandible cause more problem on the contrary.
Do reply !
you can either ask you doctor about them or you can go and buy them but there are nipple shields that can help bring out your inverted nipples
there is nothing wrong with trying them its just some times it does not work for everyone. but dont get discouraged i would still try it though :)
It sounds like they may NOT actually be inverted. If they warm the nipple will usually flatten out and that might be what you are experiencing. If they poke out when you are cold then they are probably not inverted. My sister has inverted nipples and was able to breastfeed her son no problem by buying nipple shields which are like a rubber nipple that goes over the nipple and gives the baby a place to latch on.