how do you tell if you're ovulating?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

how do you tell if you're ovulating?

according to my periods and everything, i should have started ovulating yesterday...today i have noticed more moisture than usual, but nothing really noticable...and i've seen in other posts that other women describe it as an "eggwhite like discharge." i'm sure it's different for everyone, but i was just wondering...i'm suppossed to be ovulation from yesterday (april 10th) to friday (april 14th). any tips would be great. thanks! :)
Avatar n tn
When I am ovulating I usually feel some cramping, and sometime I feel a sort of pressure, or ache on one side where your ovaries are.  The egg white discharge is also a sign. You can never really know exactly when you release an egg, but that is how I get an idea of when I am.
Avatar n tn
It's all so confusing.  I thought I ovulated each month because I would get cramping on one side where my ovaries are and have the discharge.  I would also break out and have really oily skin at that time.  I thought for sure I was ovulating because of all the signs.  I had blood work done on CD 21 to verify that I am in fact ovulating and I am not.  If you are having trouble getting pregnant, I would suggest the progesterone test on CD 21 to prove that you are ovulating.
Avatar n tn
Ovulation is only one day in your cycle.  Typically, you O 14 days BEFORE your next AF is due.  Every woman is different though, so you may O sooner or later than the 14 day mark. You are most fertile in the days leading up to O, not the day of O itself.  Most women will get Eggwhite Cervical Mucus (EWCM) a day or 2 before they O.  When you have EWCM, that is when you are most fertile.  The reason is that EWCM provides a substance for the sperm to swim through and survive in.  The best thing for you to do is to BBT chart along with checking your fertility signals.  BBT charting will confirm O.  Some women will get all of the O signs, but for whatever reason, their body fails to release an egg.  That's why it's best to chart.  Read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler.  This will really help you understand your cycle and help you time intercourse so that you can acheive pregnancy.  Good luck!!
Avatar n tn
thank you all, so much. :) that really helps...i've been reading about BBT, and i think i just may try it. DH and i are keeping our fingers crossed, and are hoping to be PG by the end of this summer. (i live in southern cali, in a desert-like area, and i just don't wanna be so big during the hot months, lol). but thanks again!
Avatar n tn
I have been using LH kits and detected my surge on friday, however i have not had EWCM. Does this mean i havent ovulated? Have we missed the chance again?
We had sex the day before LH surge, and the four days following
Despeately TCC x
Avatar n tn
So my husband and I had unprotected sex on the seventh of Feb.
From the internet ovulating charts, it says that I was ovulating and most fertile on the 3rd of Feb.  I am supposed to start my period on or around the 18th, and I've been pretty regular.  
So do you think I'm in the clear?  From what all these ovulating calculators are saying, is that because I had sex four to five days after ovulating I have a slim to none chance.  Doe's any one know if that's true or not?  Thank you
Avatar n tn
I just ended my period about 5 days ago. We had an accident lastnight where the condom broke.Is there any way I could get pregnant around this time? I'm bad at telling when I'm ovulating,Im having sharp pains in my lower abdomen to one side and I'm getting kind of paranoid about it.
Avatar n tn
I know this is late in coming but maybe it will help someone.  I just read at whattoexpect.com that sperm can live inside you for up to 6 days but that ovulation has a 24-48 hour window.  
Des_a_rae commented on photo
53 mins ago
butterflybabies commented on photo
55 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals