how long after treatment does a yeast infection go away??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hello, I recently discovered that I have a yeast infection. I had the symptoms for about a month on and off and didnt quite know what was going on I though maybe it was chafing and getting itchy and red from sweating from work. Anyways after doing some reasearch on the computer I went to the doctor. My doctor then recommended the Monistat 3 day, with the cream filled ovules. I got it from the pharmacy (actually it was the no name brand) and  few days later (when I got the call to confirm that it was a yeast infection) I used it as directed but I was pretty late with the second dose by about 7 hours or so. Now my itchiness and redness and swelling has gone down and I feel great but I tried to have sex  (about 2 days after the last ovule had been used) and it still burned a bit  when I had sex and I have a very thick white clumpy discharge that is worse then before I treated the yeast infection. before I treated it I had very little discharge. I don't know if I still have the YI because everything else is fine. I am worried that Maybe the treatment didn't work because i was late for teh sedond dose or maybe My yeast infection is so bad it can't be cured with OTC medicine.
You might need a second treatment, since it doesn't sound like the infection is completely gone.  Be aware too that you can get re-infected from your partner.
Thanks!!
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Hollus commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals