how long does it take to clear up yeast infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help me! I had UTI not long ago and I started to take anbiotics for it. It seems like the antibiotics brought in yeast infection too (my doctor said after the swab test) so my doctor put me on clomazol. I had no itchiness, burning or any weird discharge but started to use the treatment. After couple of days, I started to have some clumpy discharge (which I never had before) so I continued to use the treatment. I have now finished the treatment but I occasionally have some clumpu discharge.... does this mean that I still have yeast infection? Or is it a residual of the infection? Please help!!!!!
If you're still getting the clumps then the yeast infection is still there. You need a longer course of treatment or maybe a different antibiotic.  It doesn't sound like the clomazol was entirely successful. If it doesn't go away soon call your doctor.
How long were you on the treatment? I forgot what I was given when I got a yeast infection from the antibotic (antibiotic) I was on. But it was just one pill, and plus a 3 day cream treatment. Sounds like you need another dose of medicine.
I was on the treatment for 6 days - so I went back to doctors and she gave me diflucan and 3 day treatment. I had my period right after that - would that have cleard my infection? Should I go and check it out again?