how long will it take for the Monistat 3 to work??
Ok so...I just got off 2 weeks of antibiotics like 3 days ago and during the last few days until now, I've been having the thick white discharge...the itching, the burning, redness all the usual symptoms of a yeast infection...now i have only had one yeast infection prior to this one and it was like years ago...well...i went to walgreens to buy the monistat and i noticed that they had monistat 3 and monistat 7 even that weird one day dose thing. so i asked a pharmacist what was the difference between the 3 and the 7 day ones and she basically told me nothing, that they work the same but the 3 has a more concentrated dose of the active medicine...my friend told me that a pharmacist by her house had told her the same thing...so i went ahead and bought the three days dose. I used it last night and even put on the little cream that goes on the outside...which burned like hell might i add, but it eventually went away and i felt much better until i woke up this morning and i realized that the burning sensation is still there. I was just wondering how long will it take for this to work or may there be something else wrong with me?
hey -- it will probably take a few days to work... The first couple of days are always the worst..  But to be honest, I would recommend the 7-day... My doctor says that the 1 & 3 days just don't clear it up. But try it, if it's still not gone in 3 days, call your doc & ask what to do, maybe another round of 3 day, or the 7 day to be sure it's gone.  I would also recommend taking two probiotic acidophilous pills a day - or eat extra yogurt! it will help re-balance things.
If it is a yeast infection, you should start to feel relief w/in two days, but like AMA said, you should go with the 7day treatment.  The 3 day treatment usually isn't long enough to completely eradicate the infection.
You also have to beware of the 1 and 3 day treatments. With the higher dose of med, the more likely a negative reaction will occur.  Also,  there are more and more resistant strains of yeast out there, heavy use of these 1 & 3 day treatments are part of the cause.

Suffer for the few extra days and always go with the 7 day cream. It may save you a life time of discomfort.
I also agree with the previous posters, i've always been told to use the 7-day treatment over the 1 & 3 day treatments.
Ditto with the other posters - the 3 day treatment might now work and you'll have to use the 7 day treatment.  You should feel relief pretty quickly (a day or two).
welcome to the joys of being a woman, Cassie. I find one problem always leads into another, and everything that could possibly go wrong, does!! That is the way it goes, unfortunately. Sounds like things will clear up soon for you. The 3 day treatment is okay, but you will still have symptoms for the first day or two. After the 3rd day treatment, you should start to get better, and symptoms should go away completely.
I prefer the 7 day. When I use the 3 day, I always have to get another pack.
please tell me the difference between all of the monistate 3 creams. there seems to 4 different colored boxes. which is the better one ?
Diflukin baby!!!
omg, ive been taking the monistat 3 day treatment, this suxs.  Its like u dont even wanna bother because of how bad it burns.  This suxs, and it says take before u got to bed, how r u suppose to sleep, and lay there dealing with the burning, its irritating, dont take the 3 day treatment, its bad.
Diflucan is a systemic treatment. That means it kills all the yeast in your body--Not good. Unless localized (i.e. Monistat Creams 1, 3, or 7) treatments don't work, you should avoid Diflucan--it kills all the yeast in your body. For the ladies who have had issues with burning--try the Monistat suppositories. They are not a cream. They are kind of a sticky pill that you insert into your vagina. I have had better luck avoiding the burning with those.
Okay I just got off antibiotics & had the same white thick discharge so is it from the antibiotics and will monistat 7 work for me to get rid of it?  
I just used monistat 3, last night was the last dose but I woke up today and still itching and burning, how long will this take to go away? Or should I buy monistat 7 and try again?