how soon does period resume after iud removal
how long does it take for period to return
I wanted to add for my comment on the birth control pills. I am not an expert with that but I think they do something with your period or change your cyle. I know the IUD only makes you bleed heavier. Don't quote me on the BCP because I could have that info wrong.
Suni
thankyou for the info im due to start on the 16 of this month all i can do is wait but i've been having pregnancy signs had blood test as well as hpt they both came out neg of course this was in oct first week and im still having the flutters in my stomach and dizziness breast leaks nausea sensitive to smells what do you girls think about this ive posted on some other boards spoke to a few women who say that they're hcg levels were low and couldn't find out until they were 2 1/2 mths
I can answer this one. I have had an IUDs since year '97' so I know alot about it. I just had it removed this July because my husband and I were trying to concieve. We got pregnant in August.
IUDs do not cause hormonal inbalance like birth control pills. If you have had regular periods every month then the removal of the IUD should not change your cycle. Unless you got pregnant.
The only thing that changes is the really heavy periods because normally with IUDs, you have extremly heavy and watery periods. Sorry if this grosses some people out. You period should resume as normal 28 days from you last period if you have been tracking them. I it does not resume, then I would call the DR and take a HPT. I got pregnant immediately. I lost it from an EP but that is another matter. I hope this helps.
Suni
I had a far different experience with my IUD, but have heard it can go either way. I had mine placed 8 weeks PP with my son (July of 04) and just had mine removed on Nov 7. I nursed until my son was 15 months (bedtime feeding only from 13 months on) but still did not get a period for the first few months of partially weaning. Finally, I got my first af in August. It was light and barely noticable. Same with Sept and with Oct. But once I got the IUD removed last Monday, I have had bleeding episodes after intercourse. They typically only last a few hours, but I still found it odd. The good news is that it doesn't appear to have messed with my cycle. I was due to ovulate on the 11th, and even with the few bleeding episodes (I was starting to wonder if my calendar had been reset) I still had those familiar O pains on Friday.

If your cycle doesn't return, definitely follow the advice gien above. Take an HPT, if negative, consult your doctor.

Good luck!

Andi

If you are reading negative on both blood and urine HPTs, there is no way your "flutters" are due to a baby moving around : ) I had phantom flutters with my IUD in and a few even in the few short days since its removal. Most likely just a muscle spasm of sorts.

A very wise woman on these boards has been known to say that symptoms are one of the worst ways to detect pregnancy and I am inclined to agree. PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms are very similar and are easily confused. Stress can also cause your mind and body to play tricks on you. Wait to see what happens, if af is late and it is normally quite regular, then maybe you should take a test.

Good luck!

Andi
I agree with Andi. Stress can play a factor. Also, women who want to get pregnant bad enough sometimes have pregnancy symptoms. I am not saying that you are that case but it happens.
I still want to get pregnant after the Ectopic pregnancy but it will happen when it happens. It is in God's time for me.
If the blood test came out negative, then you are not pregnant.
I think Andi also mentioned that. I hope everything goes well for you.
Suni
I never really have periods on IUD's. I had my last IUD for 3 years and no periods (ok, maybe pinkish tint here and there, but that's all). I had it removed in January of '05 and was told by my MD to use condoms the first two months after the IUD removal to minimize an ectopic pregnancy.  We did.  We waited until mid-March, and we were pregnant right away.  Our due date was 12/23/05.  I now have my 2nd IUD. It's been 1 1/2 and still no period. I stopped nursing 7months ago.  Anyway, it seems that my periods returned almost right away.
Is this possible??? I had my IUD removed almost 3 weeks ago.  My period is a couple of days late, which Never happens. I was waiting for my period to start so I could start my pill. I did a pregnancy test today: It is POSITIVE!!!! How did that happen? It's alright...I think know the answer...
I had the IUD for two years.  Unfortunatley the string was too short and when I decided to have it removed I had to have it surgically removed.  I did this the end of July and now that Im reading some more on conception after IUD removal and how it is common for a ectopic pregnancy Im freaked out.  I never had periods on the IUD and I started to cycle three days after the removal.  It lasted about four days and now Im spotting and im not sure if its due to intercourse or if my body is still trying to be regular.  Any ideas?
I found this on a website, I too am freaked out about IUD removal.  I am scheduled to have it removed at the end of this month. And almost evertyhing I am reading is scaring the heck  out of me . I Hope it helps you, I found some compfort in it.

"After removal of the IUD, the inflammatory reaction rapidly disappears. Resumption of fertility after removal of both copper-bearing and levonorgestrel- releasing IUDs is rapid and occurs at the same rate as resumption of fertility after the discontinuation of barrier methods of contraception.9 The incidence of term deliveries, spontaneous abortion, and ectopic pregnancies in conceptions occurring after IUD removal is the same as in the general population not using any form of contraception."
I had a miscarriage in october 2006 and had to have a DNC in november.  A couple of weeks after, I had the IUD put in.  In April 2007, my husband and I decided to try and concieve so I had it removed.  It took about 2 months for my cycle to start and I bled continuously for about 4 wks.  I have not had another cycle since.  I'm starting to get worried because we desperately want to concieve but I'm afraid that something is wrong.  In all the forums I've read, no one has had an experience like mine and I'm wondering if I should consult my doctor.  Any advice?
I just had mine removed as well.  I had a cycle(what I thougt was a cycle).  If it was my first cycle after the iud then Im due now for Augusts cycle.  I will post more comments to keep you updated.  I would also contact your doctor to keep him/her aware of your situation.
I had my IUD removed on July 10, 2007 and started to bleed three days after it was removed, but only last for three days. Was that  my cycle or is it due to the IUD being removed? Anyway I took a digit pregnacy test two weeks ago and I had one positive reading and 4 negative readings. The last test I took was on Monday July 13/07 and it was negative. I am now five days late if in fact I had a cycle last month.  Has anyone experienced this before.  Please help!
I too had my IUD removed. June 29, 2007 I bleed for about 1 week. When my period came it lasted 3 days very light. My next cycle due on August 11 was only one day late but I had really bad pains on leftside. Went to the ER pregnancy not detected but found fibroid very small. Three hours after I left period started with intense cramps  bled heavy for two days. Third day it ended. Since then uterus contracting regularly. Doctor cannot explain why. All test okay!!! I'm starting to think we were pregnant but miscarried. And the uterus is trying to get it's self back to size. Make sure, like I plan  to do that something isn't blocking Tubes or Uterus doesn't have any porblems. Good Luck
Trying to concieve,
I had my IUD placed 8 weeks after my LO was born (LO is now 15 1/2 months), and just had mine removed on July 20. I nursed until my LO was 13 months (bedtime feeding only from 11 months on) but still did not get a period for the first few months of partially weaning.  I have not had a period for a complete 2 years, i waited 20days after removal of IUD before trying to concieve.  I've had my IDU taken out for 1 month 1 day and have not gotten a period.  Is it possible i could be pregnant?  If I take HPT now will it give an accurate reading?  What brand of HPT is dependable.
i had an iud for two years and dint have my period for those two years now i took it out and i got pregnant with no period and now im not sure when is my due date. so i think is different for people my sister had an iud and she allways gets her periods each month.
I had mine for 5 years, had it removed 3.5weeks ago and found out I am pregnant today. I did'nt think I would get pregnant the first month after it was taken out. I was WRONG!
You can get pregnant the first few weeks after removal BE CAREFUL.
I am proof.....IUD is out for 3.5wks after 5 years of having it with no period and I'm knocked up.
NO I never started a period in the last 3wks either. I'm a little upset. Fiance' and I were'nt trying to get pregnant did'nt think I could. Was waiting for a period so I could place my Nuva ring.
I was wondering do you start your period a few days after the removal of your iud or is this just from the iud being removed. This will be the first time I will have it removed and didn't know if the iud is like the pill after I had stop taking the pill with my 1st I started bleeding a few days later. It took me 4-months to get pregnant with my 1st child, so i am also wondering if anybody has had a Mirena iud removed and how long did it take you to get pregnant.
Well Im preggo, I had the iud removed six weeks ago and had a short period(3 days only).  Guess you never know