how soon does period resume after iud removal
how long does it take for period to return
I had my IUD removed like 3 weeks ago I have missed a total of two periods and I keep taking a HPT and it keeps saying negative any advice?  I was due to have my second period August 21st
does anyone know if miscarriage rate is higher if you get pregnant immediately after IUD Removal. I posted here before. Had IUD 5years No period. Taken out August 6th found out I was pregnant August 30th. Last Night I think I miscarried (pain, Gush of bright red bleeding). I'm wondering if its cuz my body had'nt had  a period in 5 years and my uterus just was'nt ready to support a pregnancy yet?
I was on Depo for 6 years with no period.  I got pregnant with my son two months after I should have had my shot.  I was fine.  I am the same way though, I dont have periods while on birth control.  I had the IUD removed July 17th and had a period on the 20th and now I'm pregnant.  I would defenitly see your doctor though medicmama just to be sure.
I too had my IUD removed had light bleeding.  and am now 1 1/2 weeks late but HPT says negative.  I am usually very regular.  Have you heard any advice?
I had four negative HPT before I found out.  Now Im seven weeks.
I have an appt to have my IUD removed this weds and now I'm a little freaked!  Did anyone who got pregnant right after the removal have problems conceiving before?  It took 5 years to get pregnant with our daughter so since she's 18 mo now I thought now would be a good time to get it removed because it would probably take at least a year or two to get pregnant again.  Oh boy.
I was pregnant within a week so If prepare yourself for both.  It is possible to concieve quickly and possible for it to take a while(as you can see with all the responses here.
I had an IUD put in back in May of 07 and removed it in July of 07 after I wouldn't stop bleeding and it become a problem for me well since the 7 days I had in July I haven't had one since then. I've had 2 pregnancy test done in the last month and both were negative and still no period. I was going to go have a tubal done here in October since I really don't want anymore children and I'm worried that maybe the test's were wrong and I don't think it would be a good idea to go have this done if the test were wrong what should I do?
Just an update.  I am not pregnant.  I talked to my doctor and after having my IUD removed it caused me to have anovulary cycle.  Which causes the cycle to be delayed 2 to 4 weeks.  Which was my case.  Just a FYI for others out there wondering what could be going on.
i just had my iud removed on sept. 6, i started my period that day when it wasn't due for a week or so, does this mean that my ovulation will occur sooner also?
I just had my IUD taken out on Wednesday, the string was cut to short so it took them a long time and a lot of digging to get it out.  I started bleeding on Saturday, it is now tuesday the new box of tampons is gone and I am working on another.  Should I be worried that I am bleeding so heavily?  I have never bleed this much, and i am not due for my next period for another 2 weeks.
My case is totally different. I removed my IUD in february and my midwife told me I should be due to take in after a month but it never came; all I was experiencing was irregular cycle which delays upto 7 days. I visited my doctor and I was asked to go for a test which the result was that I am not ovulating but everyother was ok. Right now I havent seen my period for the past two months and I am testing negative. Honestly I will like to know if any body is sharing the same experience or is it just me alone in this whole world. Chibos
I was told by my doctor to wait to try to get pregnant at least 1 period after removal because the lining of your cervix is thinned out which can cause misscarriage.
I had my IUD removed on August 21st.  The doctor told me that the risk of pregnancy after removal is the same as if I were never on birth control.  He also said that the risk of EP, miscarriage, and premature birth are typically the same as stopping any other form of BC.  I was due to start my period on Sep. 13th and it is now the 21st with no sign of a period at all.  If by next week I don't have one I'll take a HPT.  I know first hand about freaking yourself out to the point of physical pregnancy symptoms...I did that before my first child was born because I wanted a baby so badly.  My breasts even started secreting a sort of colostrum.  My husband and I have 3 sons now and are wanting a girl.  It'll happen if it does...or it won't.  Either way I don't really believe the IUD has much to do with that.  :)
I had my last period on July 14th and had my IUD taken out July 16th and have not had a period since.  I should have had at least 2 periods by now and I have tested myself with an ovulation kit for about 11 days now without ovulating. My doctor's only suggestion is to induce a period using Provera. I am wondering if anyone else has had a situation like mine and what did they do about it? My husband and I were waiting on at least 1 period before we started trying, and now it just seems to not be coming.
OMG! After reading all of this, it sounds like these IUDs are waaaay more trouble than they are worth!  I'm glad I had mine removed.  I had an infection in May and when I went to have it removed I had another one.  My husband would rather cut it off than cheat on me, so I know it was the IUD that was making me so prone to infection.
i've had my iud now for 2yrs my son will be three 10/20 and i was hoping to get preg asap....im getting the iud removed 10/4 & hope to ovulate around the 7-9 but i dont really know how accurate that is. i started my period on 9/23 and i hope everything will go according to plan due to school. my dr said she would wait a month before trying but i didn really want to due to school, but im wondering if this is too short of time???? PLEASE HELP....I REALLY NEED TO GET PREG NOW!! : )
went on last wed to have iud removed and they could not find it . had to have a ultrasound and they found it up in the canal. went back to doc today and still no strings. doc went digging and he found it and took it out. though it did not hurt. just felt weird. period due on oct 1 should i still get my period???
I have not had a period for 4 years.  I had my IUD removed August 30th and still have had nothing?? Anyone had this problem????
Hi everyone,
I have had my IUD -copper T for 2 years, had it removed August 29th, my period came as usual on the 7th of september.. short and light (think this is because of the removal) I am trying to get pregnant (with my second child). we have had sex about 1-2 times a week for 5 weeks, My period is due in 6 days from today, and I have been putting on weight, my nipples have been on and off being soar and tender, I have had weird cravings for food -chocolate especially, which normally i am not big on chocolate. I have been having slight headaches and been tired (wanting an afternoon nap) and going to the bathroom a little more often (my belly has also started to poof out quiet a bit.. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago, it was negative.. I have the general feeling of being pregnant (anyone who has had a child before knows what i am talking about).... Does this sound like pre-menstral symptoms? Normally i do not become bloated, my tummy does not stick out, and i surley do not care for choclate....  Do you think i could be pregnant? I am also feeling slight flutters and slight cramping...  From what i read above, many of you took several pregnancy tests and the results were negative, but your doctors said you were??
I really want to get pregnant.
This is my first month with out the IUD... How long is it going to take? Or, am i already there?
Last question, Why do you have to wait for a missed period to take the HPT?? or, 3 days before the missed period? why?