how soon does period resume after iud removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
Morning all this is my first time posting on here,,but here goes..............

Well i have had the copper coil (non-hormone) in since 13th Dec 06 and got it removed on 24th Feb the day before my period was due.
The reason for the removal was because on my last period on the 27th Jan 09 which i normally bleed abt a week, well after i had spotting 3days later wich was very unusual so checked the strings and i could feel the end of the iud coming out.... as i wasnt in pain  i didnt make an dr app straight away but as the mth went on it became more uncomfatabe my ptnr an i did have sex all the way through till the 18th of Feb, took a preg test at the dr b4 removal but neg, i thought this anyway as my period wasnt due till the next day.
Well the day the coil was out i bleed was very light and little then yesterday i thought i was starting my period in the evening but it stopped again, today i have slight back pain and very light brown ish mucus??????????
Im not due to go bk for a refit of the coil till 11th march09, and will do another preg test in the morn of the 11th at the dr.
I was told by the dr that the coil would not be effictive while it was coming out.
Any ideas much appreciated
Anniex
I've had the same results, and keep wondering where's my period.  I had the my copper IUD removed on March 6, and expected my period on the 13th.  Now it is March 24, and 6 negative pregnancy tests later, I have to accept that it will just be a miss!  I was never told to expect this, nor have I been able to find any real info online regarding it, either.
You guys seem similar to my case. I had my IUD removed on April 20th. I had the AF two days later and my period on the 5th of May.  My husband and I are ttc but my stomach is on fire right now. I haven't taking a test yet cause it is way to soon.  I told him we would wait till June but man I don't know. I'm thinking about going to see my doctor next week.  
i got my iud (mirena) removed on may 28th. i only had it in for 3 months.....i have not had a period yet but did hav a little bit of dark spotting 2 wks ago. i beelive it should be time for a period cause even on the iud my last one was may 19th. i have been ttc since 3 days after i got it removed, having intercourse on a regular bases...i took a hpt about a 4 or 5 days ago an again today an both came back negative.....could i have taken it to soon??? could i possible be pregnant?? since it was a hormonal iud can i even get pregnant???
you are not alone... I had the mirena for a year and a half, last 6 months, no periods.  I thought that was a great thing, not so sure anymore.  I had it removed on June 1, 2009... it is now July 10, 2009, and I still have no period... 3 negative pregnancy tests... and NOTHING on the Ovulation test.  This has been a freakin nightmare.  
Hi! well I'm going thru the same thing I had my mirena removed June 02 2009 since I am not sexually active but I did have it in for 8 yrs. it is now August and still no period :(  I'm getting concerned... I went to the gyno in July she said it was normal to miss periods but how long can it take before its "not normal"  Can anybody help??
Same here...the reason I looked this up is because I got my IUD removed July 26th had a normal period right after it was removed and then my period was due Aug 25th and now nothing no period...3 negative pregnancy test??? Don't get it. Before the IUD I always had normal periods the only time I ever missed a period was when I was pregnant with my other two kids so I don't know what is going on. I am going to retest on Monday and see?? Hope I am pregnant though!!
So glad I found this site!

I had my copper iud removed 08/21/09. Experienced little bleeding from the removal, as it was removed after my period in the hospital. My Dr tried to remove it in July, but it was WAY too painful.

Anyway, I had, what I thought was my period almost two weeks ago during the long weekend, but it was short lived. I have had nothing since.

I have been sitting here wondering what is going on with my body and where the heck is my period.

When I did have my IUD in, my periods would last longer than 5 days and would also have spotting in between. That was the main reason for the removal, to give my body a break.
I just wanted to add a comment to this thread.  I was going through exactly the same thing - had the coil removed, had a period then nothing.  I took 2 pregnancy tests which were negative.  I felt pregnant - bloating, sore breasts, tired etc - I googled it and got to this site.  Anyway that was about 8 weeks ago - i was about to go on a long weekend with lots of drinking involved so i took one more test and guess what? It was positive - i have had a scan and i'm 14 weeks pregnant - which means i fell pregnant 1 week after i had the coil removed!  Hopefully this gives some of you guys out there some hope!
so maybe someone could shed some light for me as well.  Had iud removed 9/14, hubby and I had sex 2 days,5 days then 10 days later.
I have not bled or had any spotting at all since removal of mirena. I know it would be kinda early to test positive, but I have had some strange things going on. I  have had some (sorry...TMI...) weird diarrhea that started about 7 days ago then stopped then started again. I feel kinda funky, but it comes and goes. Just not sure what to expect about ovulation after removal. Any thoughts?
Thought I would just post my experience, as I am currently going through it :) Got my IUD (Mirena) removed 9/25, started period 2 days later 9/27. We want to ttc, Doc says wait until 3 periods. Our thinking was wait until we have a good one, then start. So, wish us luck! I will keep you posted.
I had my mirena removed 9/3 and had a little spotting for a few days after, which the doctor said was fine. Since ive had the iud i havent really had a period just spotting here and there and i had spotting a couple days before the iud was removed. well geting to the point, its now the 1st and no period and 6 negative tests... My doctor said to just wait till the 15 and test again. im impatient and anxious.... i feel pregnant i just wish a test would tell me.......
New to this site but so excited to hear not the only one feeling like body out of control.  Had Mirena removed 9/21 after 3years 8mo.   AF 9/23-10/1 with spotting still.  Did anyone else have similiar problem. We are ttc and hoping to be pregnant before the end of the year but dont know when to figure af will come again, not to mention kinda hard to try when the spotting never ends.  Husband wont be home till 10/28 so crossing my fingers and toes that af has come and gone by then.  Good luck to all those ttc.
Well I had AF 9/27 - 10/5 after Mirena was removed. Now done with that part, did anyone else have a pretty serious crash? I sure did.. feeling  better now though. Have had Mirena out for about 2 weeks now and ttc. Good luck to everyone who is!
I removed my copper iud this morning because of side effects like cramping and fevers
and have had increased migrains......read about the side effects after I got it put in
august 4th. have had heavier periods and spotting inbetween.  read some of these posts
tonight and am wondering if sence I should be ovulating now if it's possible that i could
end up pregnant from sex last night?  anyone know that answer before i stress about it.
So glad i found this site. Im going through the same thing, had coil removed 30/09, tiny bit of bleeding from removel (removal), period was due 7th oct, but didnt come, and still hasnt, i feel like my body is going crazy, i feel bloated and sleepy and needing the loo more then ever, i feel like im pregnant but 3 tests later and each one was a neg :( whats going on?? my doc didnt say anything about missing a period after having the coil taken out, i know its early days to be testing but you never know, we all live in hope! i just wish i knew what was going on with my body right now!! is this a side effect of having the coil taken out??
Crash!?? OMG! my emotions has been an emotional roller coaster, I knew this was going happen, One strange thing though I must mention, I had the IUD Mirena removed about 3 weeks, my husband and I were  trying to get pregnant and had my period that first week, went away after 5 days, free for 4-6 day then woke up on pile of blood and it's been non stop heavy from there.. it's been two days like this.. any one have any suggestions??
I had the largest period I've ever had in my life last month, more blood than when I gave birth to both my kids, btw.  we're talking 4 pads drenched a day.  It went heavy for 7 days then tapered off.  Then I was out of town for a few days and when I came back my husband and I resumed our newlywed fun.  (been married a little over a year). The first night he couldn't feel anything and joked to me that I'd had it removed while out of town (I'd been approaching him about having another child).  After the 4th day I started to worry and found about 500 posts about women who've had Mirena like me that had the false pregnancy symptoms while on it, weight gain, lots of abdominal pain and all the **** I'd gone through with it. FINALLY  I found a section saying call your dr asap.  So I called my dr and she said go to the er and have them find it incase it implanted into your uterine wall.  After a a couple different kinds of ultrasounds they found it, way too high, but then he did a pap on my since I hadn't had one that year and could barely see the strings and I said pull it out!  Well by my reckoning, I should have started my period last week or early this week at the latest but it still hasn't come.  In the ER, they told me that bleeding out of the ordinary could be indicative of pregnancy and I could be with my iud out of place too, even though it had been 4 days.  He did a blood test on me, said they are accurate almost immediately.  it was negative. They told me for a couple days I may spot and have back cramps etc from the iud coming out.  After having personal experiences with being pregnant and having the dr's pee test come up neg, GET A PREGNANCY BLOOD TEST, they will tell you for sure.
I had my Mirena removed 7 months ago.  I had it for 6 years without a single bit of bleeding- no periods.  I loved it (and luckily didn't have issues with cramps, depressions, backaches, that other people get).

After I got it removed there was about four days of spotting- mostly brownish.  Then I got my first real period three weeks later- strange after no period for six years, but a relief.  Since then it has been long gaps but at least somewhat regular, around 35 days cycle. I have been trying to get pregnant but disappointed every time my period comes again or I have a negative pregnancy test.  I'm trying to track my ovulation better now- and hopefully we'll be pregnant within a few more months.
I had the Mirena removed June09. I spotted, then started my period & began taking YAZ. ( i am not hoping to conceive). 4 months later, I have not had a period. I am going to OBG in the morning because the whole situation is causing me major anxiety.
Hi ladies, i had the mirena for less than a year. right away i had the strangest herpes breakout (gross i know but reality), pimples, moodiness, lack of sex drive and about 3 months after i got it placed i was getting heart flutters, 6 months after PID and the nest month PID again.  I had to get it removed I am 5 days out from removal.  The 1st day was spotting now i am gushing.  The nurse told me I may not see a period for 2 weeks to 2 months. because of the hormone. They did ultrasound on my first PID onset, and found that i may have ovulated (not suppose to on the mirena).  Everybody is different and will react different to the hormones.  I fyou fear pregnancy, best advice from cow6url Get blood test.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
SO - my OBG doc said it's possible i may not even have any more periods since the Mirena thinned out my uterine lining so much, especially combined with the YAZ. Did the pregnancy blood test just to confirm the negative pee stick tests. Apparently, it's not uncommon to go 4 months w/out a period in these situations! I'm 36. I thought maybe I was pre-pre menopausal. I'm not real comfortable with the whole situation, but I do feel better that I went to the doc & heard some facts.
Looks like these IUD post usually get a lot of responses. My experience with the Mirena was pretty good. I had it for over 3 years and my husband wanted another baby so I had it removed in June 09. I got my period the next day and two weeks later I was ovulating and two weeks later I got a postive on the hpt. Now I know my experience probably won't happen for everyone. Some people it takes longer to get pregnant if you choose. The side effects I had with the Mirena were mood swings, weight gain (but not much) no periods (YEAH!) and I think thats about it. I plan on getting it again after I have this baby.
Hi everyone, so great to all come together to discuss intimate problems that we are all going through and we don't even know each other. Love it!!
This is my first time posting but I've been reading all of your posts trying to figure out what is going on with me.
Details- I have 2 boys, 4 & 2, hubbie & I deciding to try for one more.
Since the pregnancy of my first son I haven't really had any periods due to breast feeding and surprise 2nd pregnacy when he was only 9 months.  After my second I got the IUD (Mirena) inserted 6 weeks post partum.  I too loved it!  No period, no cramps or PMSing.
I got it removed Sept 23/09 after a little over 2 years.
My hubbie and I were going to wait until I had one good period before TTC,  We had unprotected sex Oct 2&6 thinking we were safe!!
Well saying that I still haven't been visited by AF,  also feeling quite bloated and "off" No sore boobs or nausea.  Took a pregnancy test last night (negative)
Was it to early to test? I have no idea when my period would be expected but I figured 2 weeks after unprotected sex would be long enough.
Or is this my body just out of sinc since I haven't menstrated for so long??
Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Hello all,
I had the IUD in for 5 years. During this time I still had light periods. My cycles were very irregular (sometimes 28 days and sometimes 25). On 9/28/09 we had the IUD removed while I was on my period. We are now trying to conceive and have BD like crazy, charted temps, checked cervical mucus and position. On 10/22 I started my period. This period is heavier like before I got the mirrena. I am drinking raspberry tea 2 times a day as I heard that this is good for the uterus, it tones it. If you have any questions about my experience you can e-mail me at carolynelliott.***@****. Thanks!  Also if your curious here is the link to my chart that I have been using for an additonal tool to determine ovulation:

http://www.***************.com/ttc/chartreview_module.php
Hey there! My story is similar to yours.  Mirena out 9/2 and short AF 5 days later.  AF came again after 5 weeks and two days.  Thought I was going to loose my mind waiting for it!  Hubby and I used protection for a little while to let my body play catch up.  Didn't use protection other morning and mucus was primo.  When I realized this I was so excited I could hardly contain myself.  Now I have to wait and see.  Not having a clue when to expect AF again is frustrating.  My first pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant when my feet hit the floor, and that was not a planned pregnancy.  Today I have that same weird/off feeling as last time and I just can not shake it.  It is maddening to not even know when to expect AF.
I had this happen to me.  I had my IUD for 2+ years and each month just before the 28 days were up I got my period, but when I got it removed nothing.  I took a pregnancy test each week from the day I should have gotten my period and all of them were negative. I had the symptoms of pregnancy including nausea and fuller breasts. I finally got my period on day 52 from my LMP.  What a relief!  I didn't want to have a problematic pregnancy that wouldn't even turn a pregnancy test positive, but I wanted to actually start planning and predicting.  Once those hormones left my system I felt a whole lot better!
A note to all!!!... It sounds like MOST of you women need to start using Natural Progesterone cream. Progesterone is so important for your body and hormones to level out the amount of estrogen. Progesterone is also a key factor in thickening your uterus (after months/years of being thinned out!) your uterine walls need to be thicker to hold and protect your baby. I'm reading a lot of women who got pregnant so quickly after the mirena removal... And then miscarried. I would largely blame the fact that your body is just not yet ready to hold a baby. Google natural progesterone and pregnancy. Educate yourselves. Pregnancy is wonderful, but nobody wants to miscarry. By the way, progesterone will help to get your cycles back on track, balance your hormones, and help you start and end a healthy pregnancy.    Laura J.
hi im new to this site and its so nice to hear im not the only one who is totally confused!! I had the mirena coil for 2 and half years had no periods at all. I had it removed 5 weeks ago now and still no period. I had some brown spotting 3 days after its was removed for 2 days and that was it. I did the ovulation tests but they were all negative. Then bout 2 and a hlaf weeks ago i started getting all the symptoms of pregnancy - nausea, awful tiredness, bloatedness, moody, and dizzy. Taken bout 5 pregnancy tests now and all are negative!! Could i still be pregnant or do i feel like this coz i have had the coil taken out???
Hi i have had no periods since having my coil removed nearly 6 weeks ago is progesterone safe to use? Should i consult my doctor first before trying it?
I am so glad i found this sight.I am having the same problem.I had the iud merena taken out 10/26 2009 .Reason why is because i bled heavy the whole 4 months it was in. Had it removed,bled another week then stopped.Its now 12/1 2009 and still no period. What is going on.This whole thing has been a nightmare.My hormones are so out of wack!!!!!!
Had my mirena out Nov 2, no AF, no bleeding. Neg pregnancy test. My doctor says I could take provera to get my period.Anyone had this expirence. Had my IUD in for almost 2 year with no AF. Thanks
I read this thread when I was getting my IUD removed so I wanted to post my experience.  I had Mirena inserted 8 weeks postpartum.  We decided to remove it bc we wanted to start TTC our 2nd child.  My period started Nov 1 and I had Mirena removed Nov 4.  I ovulated on schedule around Nov 14 and I got a positive pg test on Nov 27!  I'm very early, but just wanted to let you all know you can get pg very quickly.  I was expecting it to take longer bc I thought my lining was too thin, but apparently not!

hey all. i currently have the mirena, having it removed on monday. this is my second one.. took the other out to have my daughter 4 yrs ago. ive had this one for about 3 yrs, taking out to have another baby..... havent had a cycle for 2 yrs now...love love love it so does my hubby,,, sex all the time. but anyway for those of you wanting ur cycle try chasteberry. its a herb. but about 40 drops in whatever u drink. an it will come back. be careful though its how i regulated my cycle after my 1st iud to get pregnant. good luck u guys
Hello everyone I have been on an emotional rollacoaster.  I had my Mirena (IUD) put in at my six weeks check up in 07 but began to experience unbearable cramps so I had it removed on 10/19, per my doctors request I started ortho lo the same day. AF came off an on 10/25-11/3.  I have completed two packs of pills and have not had any bleeding in 39 days.  I have taken five hpt and four neg. and one had a very light plus sign. I am currently on my green pills days and no cycle but I continue to have cramps as if it's coming.  Initially i was not ttc but after waiting for so long i have become very anxious and get disappointed with every neg. test, but feel a little relieved because it would be baby #4.  I have called my dr. and he says it's normal and to continue taking my pills at this point I don't know what to do because I really want my body to get back to normal but I take the chance of preggos if I don't continue.  Any advice, and could I still be preggos?
I had my mirena removed November 10... Positive ovulation 10 days ago>>  very sore brests, headache weakness>  Doc thinks I am PG but says she wants me to wait 2 weeks to test again.  Problem  is that I did not have a period??  Anyone else get PG before having a period??
i have my iud removal scheduled for this coming tuesday, the fifteenth. worried about pain, but i'm already in pain. i've had mine for three and a half years, since my daughter was born. i experienced 6 weeks of period-type bleeding but STILL refused to have it removed. made regular visits to my gyno who assured me that there were no problems, it was just my body getting used to the hormones especially after being pregnant. after that, no period for a year, and since then, none at all. i have no intention of getting pregnant any time soon. out of nowhere, i'm experiencing this CRAZY amount of pain that is forcing me to removal. my favorite part of using the iud is not having a period so, to give THAT up, you gotta' know, the pain is BAD. strings still in place, no reason that i'm aware of that i could be in this much pain. so.........my concern is, since i haven't had a period, but they recommend having the iud removed while you're ON your period bc your cervix is softer, will i experience more pain than usual? also, if i'm ALREADY IN PAIN, will it be worse? it was HELL when they put it on, so bad, my butt came up off the table and i yelled at my gyno. haha. he forgave me.....and continued. last question, it seems that all of you had regular periods before removal and started a new ovulation cycle, leading to a period a few weeks later, but i haven't had a period, does this mean i should start ovulating again and expect a period in a few weeks? need to know so i got my "products" ready. lol. being a woman can suck sometimes. lol. however, men can't have babies and i've had two, so i am MOST BLESSED. any tips?
so nervous and scared.
i've had my i.u.d in for about 5 1/2 years just had it removed nov,25/09 on the 28th got a very light period on and off ended on dec, 04/09 my hubby and i are tryin to have baby number 2 has anyone gotten pregnant right away and when should i take a preg test any advice for me thanks
it was less painful to get my IUD removed then getting it in, and alot quicker, like less than 30 seconds with a quick cramp.....then after is was out no pain. So less than 30 secs of pain, more like 10 and it is out.....not sure how bad it will hurt you since you are already in pain but I am sure to tell you it goes quick.  I removed my Mirena IUD out 42 days ago. Bled for the first 3 days but not a lot...just used a pantie liner.  Since then.....NO period.....just waiting so I can get an AF then I will know that my body is ovulating again.  Wanting to conceive so I am hoping (for once) that my AF comes and comes soon!!! The waiting is killing me....just not knowing is tough.  Unless I am pregnant, then I just want the darn test to come up positive.  Good luck to you at your doctors!
hiya all, i had my mirena taken out nov 20 09 and then on nov 22 i had slight bleed for 1 day. since then nothin.have taken pt but neg.is it to soon to take them or wil it be a while b4 my periods get back to normal,cos the doctor said i wil have proper periods after the removal of the coil.any help plz
I just thought I should post some information for all of you on here. I just got my Mirena IUD removed on 12/17/2009 because my husband and I are talking about trying for another child. I asked my doctor how long it could take to get a period because I have not had a period in over 3 years and she told me it could take anywhere from 1 to 3 months to get the actual bleeding that you get with your period but that my body has been ovulating all along since I got it put in 4 years ago. So I asked how quick I could get pregnant and she told me any time after it is removed so if I didn't get a period within 3 months to take a pregnany after that time frame. I hope this information helps.
Hello, I had the mirena IUD removed on 11-23-09 I had it in for 8 months.  I had it removed because we wanted to try to conceive one more time.  When removed it hurt for a second and then I was fine.  On 11-25-09 my period came heavier than ever.  I ovulated around 12-7-09, my hubbie and I had sex on 12-2, 12-6 adn 12-8.  I am suppose to begin my period tomorrow, I have had a little cramping but not much.  I had no problems with mirena, the first 6 months I had no periods, and very mild spotting and the last 2 months Oct, Nov the cycles were heavy.  I will let you all know sometime this week.  I have a feeling the period is not going to show but I am not sure.  Good Nite
Hi all!  My first post, but after reading some of your posts, I feel this is the right place to ask my questions in this chartered journey.  I had my Mirena removed 12.18.09 after 3.5 years.  My husband and I are ttc for the first time.  It's been 3 days and I have just started by first cycle after over 3 years of none (I never would have thought I'd be so happy to welcome AF!) Is this a good sign?  I was never really regular before, so I can't tell if this is a positive indicator that things are working well or if this is just one of those instances that happens after having the UID removed.  We are very excited and hopeful about this new stage... any insight in much appreciated!  Good luck to all!
This is my first time posting anything but after I saw so many have been going through what I did with the Mirena IUD.
So I had my Mirena IUD put in four years ago. I loved it because I never had a period and I didnt have to remember a pill every day. But now that Ive been reading up on the IUD I figured that was the reason for most of my weight gain and headaches and mood swings. Well any ways I went to the Dr. on 12/15/09 to have my IUD removed. So first the P.A. comes in and she says I cant see your IUD are you sure it didnt fall out? I told her no not that I know of. So she had the Dr come in. He looks and cant see anything. Then gets a tool and starts messing pulling. He said he could fill it but can see the strings. So he stated pulling it from the plastic part of it and it kept slipping. It was so painful, I almost passed out. So then he tells me that they are going to have to get me in for a DNC. But then asked me to take one more look. Thank Goodness because then he saw a little bit of the string and was able to pull it out.
So I had some bleeding after and the Dr. told me it I started to feel like I had a fever or bleeding alot to go back in. Well I didnt have much bleeding it stopped by the time I went to bed that night. And no fever. The next day I had some cramping and a little brown blood nothing much though. But then on the fourth day I started having what I thought was AF. but it only lasted 2 days. So now I am mixed up.
I keep feeling like I am pregnant. My breast are so sore and I am so emotional. Everything is making me want to cry. TV, Movies, and Songs.
So did anyone else get real emotional after having their IUD removed?
Did anyone else have really sore breast?
Please help before I go crazy
I am reading all of these  posting and its not making me feel anybetter. I had my IUD (Mirena) out 10/26/09 and I had slight bleeding, nothing serious.. didnt even need a pad.. about 2-3 weeks later I had a very  very light period for a couple days. since then I  have had nothing!!! about  a dozen prego tests later.. and they all are negative.. I had the Mirena in for about 3.5 yrs.. with the last 2 with no periods.. I have had unprotected sex and and wantting to know so bad if I am pg. I have 3 kids and in the past if a man walked past me.. I would be pregnant! now.. I am not understanding.. what is going on!!!
hi, i had my marina coil out 2 days ago! after really BAD pains in my left hand side didont want that pain again so had it removed! it almost felt like labour pains!!! had it in for 14 mths. had it out, everything went well i have had a little spotting, i have been so amotional since crying about silly things and BIG rows with hubbie lol!!! anyways when i had marina out the nurse said that if me and partner had sex within seven days of having coil removed then there is a risk of getting pregnant! has anyone had this happen??? thanks paula. :)
sorry i ment if we had had sex within 7 days before coil was  removed!!!!
here are my stats
IUD removed Nov 2 - bled for 3 days
DAY 43 - finally  had my first real period!
then day 14 (Dec 29/09) took an ovulation test and it was positive
now just waiting one more week (Jan 12) and will test to see if I am pregnant.

some women have gotten pregnant after removal of the IUD within a week of removal. So it is possible that you can get pregnant soon after.  For me, I had all the pregnancy symptoms, crying, emotional, gassy, nausea, extreme tiredness. But not pregnant. I think that after the removal of the IUD your body goes through a lot of hormonal changes and can trick you to think you are prego.  The sucky part is waiting for that first period after removal. Be patient, it will come.........or hopefully for you, you are already pregnant!

Baby dust to all!
iv had no period for almost 3 months nearly 4 after i had the merina coil removed due to a chroposphy, i did have intercourse 2 days before i had it removed, taken 2 ptests and both negative, i keeps getting cramps but nothing happens, what should i do and think.
iv had no period for almost 3 months after i had the merina coil removed due to a chroposphy, i did have intercourse 2 days before i had it removed, taken 2 ptests and both negative, i keeps getting cramps but nothing happens, what should i do and think
Hey guys...I am glad to know i am not the only one going through this...It's so crazy.  I had my iud removed in march 2009 after only 4 months of having it..i spotted once i got home and then that was it. Then no period til july 2009, once i did get it i thought all was back to normal til again i didnt receive my period...I just now had my period and it's freakin january ??? We are trying to have another child but how can you...This is crazy. I just recently made a OB/GYN appointment...If anyone can help me with this issue please email me at ***@****
What can i do ??? Please help.
I had my IUD removed on Sept 28th.  I spot bleeding the 1st day and that was it.  When I had the Mirena I never had a period only cramping each month.  Since I have had it removed I have ataken 8 pregnancy test because I have had no period.  My boobs are senstive and I have had a weird feeling in my stomach.  I'm about to go geta  blood test done to make sure
finally after the 43 days of removal and thinking I was pregnant I got my AF. Then by taking ovulation tests I found that I ovulated on day 14....it is now day 28 and I tested positive for pregnancy!!!.........the waiting is hard, this I know. Wish you all the best and keep positive. And remember the IUD does crazy stuff to our bodies....I belong to another post and some women it is 6-8 months and still no pregnancies. Be patient and it will come when it is supposed to.  I know it is easier said than done but that is the best advise I can give.

Baby Dust to all!
I am very happy for you! I am 31 yrs old and I had my Mirena removed on Dec. 11 and had some spotting on the 15th. No period since. My husband and I are TTC. I had it for 2 and half yrs. Your story gives me hope i will keep in touch to let you know what's up.  Pray for me please and i will pray you have a wonderful,  heathly pregnancy!
i had the marina coil fitted 5june09 due to severe pains when i had my montley cycle i never stopped bleeding on the coil i was still having regular periods we made the descion to have it removed in dec09 i had it removed 30dec09 and still have had not had a period? i have taken one pg test and it was negative bt iv gt symptoms of pregnancy? sore breasts tiredness mood swings and my stomach has swelled up but my partner has a low sperm count so im wondering are yhese normal side affects from having the coil removed? xx
Hello everyone. Just a up date on me. i had my Mirena in for 2 and half yrs. I had it removed on Dec. 11, 2009. I bleed a little on the 15th and no mor after that. 6 weeks went by...nothing. I took a OPK on Jan. 9th and it was positive, but neg. HPTs. Well on Sat. Jan. 23 my cycle started. I was so happy! So I am hoping that everything is backto normal. Let me know if anyone else is having any luck getting their period. I will tell you this, 2 days before my period started I went and bought Vitex(chasteberry) from the vitamin shoppe and Evening Primerose Oil from CVS and I strongly believe that played a role in it. Hoping this info helps everyone some. Will keep you up to date. Bye!
Hi!! I had my mirena iud for 4 years, I had it removed on Nov2209 spotted a little after removal, my first AF was Dec1309 and my second AF was in Jan2210 I want to know when will I ovulate??? My husband and I are ttc baby #2.
I got my Mirena removed on the 22nd of Jan, b/c I devloped problems after my yearly PAP. A couple of days after getting checked I got cramps, uterian contractions that were mild and lasted all day, pain when I urinated. Having to go back to see what was up; I was tested and I had bactiral vaginosis. So seven days of an antibiotic and I never got better:) Still sick. When resurching my symptoms like mine with the Mirena; I heard the terrible stories and just wanted it out. Being sick and scared that it was going to get worse I got it out on the 22nd. My husband and I had sex while with the IUD on the 17th and the 21 the day before removal. That is around my pre mirena ovolation time. I don't know if that changes with the Mirena. the Mirena site says that if you have had sex while on the IUD and you get it removed near an ovulation you can get pregnant. I have a 1 1/2 year old and soon to be 4 yr old in April. I do think I want a 3rd but not get. Anyway I had some spotting and then it was gone. I feel quizy and I'm just hoping that in a week there will be a neg test. I'm not even going to take one until the 5th or 6th of Feb. If it's positive we will be fine but it will be such a shock to my hubby and my family.
I had IUD put it on my 6 weeks checkup  from having my daughter. I've had it in for 3 months and decided i could not handle the side effects andhad it removed. I had it removed on tuesday and didn't bleed or anything afterwards. On WEd evening i started having my period and cramps that i always had with it. it sure didnt take long for it to come back!
I got my AF on Jan 23 and I am due to ovulate on the Feb 6 So they recommend for me to DB from the 2-8. So try that and see how that wors for you. You can also type in Ovulation calendars and it will ask you to put in your LMP and it will tell you your most fertile days and the day you ovulate and also when you should take a HPT. Baby Dust you and all here!!!!
hello all :)
i have a question i had my mirena for 3.5 yrs and i jus had it removed decenber 9, 2009. i didnt bleed at all after removal, no cramping, nothing here it is 2 months later and still no period, nothing and i am ttc and am having un-protected sex since the day of removal but the test came back negitive, could i of jus taken it to early???  i really could use some advice
periodik_ladyz***@****
I have not had my period yet either but unlike you we do have some differences. I only had it in a little over a year and I am not trying. I have been waiting for AF everyday and I am concerned that I may be preg. I did have a little bleeding a few days after removal where I thought it was my period but then it was gone:( I have so many systems that I'm hoping are just b/c I have had it removed. (nauseous, tired, moody, extreme bloat that's the worse for me and I have already gained 2 pounds. I'm on weight watchers so I track what I eat and I have hit my goal and I have never been this uncomfortable or had more than a 1.5 lbs increase while on the program. I have two little boys that are 2 yrs apart soon to be 4 in April and 1.5 year old. I now I am a fertile mertle and not even thinking about it I got it removed on the 22 of Jan and the day before removal I had sex and on the 17Th of Jan so If my hubby has sneaky sperm that was hiding out to jump on that egg it is so possible. pre Merina I ovulated around the 21st so to say the least I am concerned with my symptoms and preg. I took a test but it was neg but I know it's to early I really need to do one on the 6-10Th of Feb.  To give you hope b/c I know you are TTC is that you could be. I have read so much on hear from woman that is crazy and awesome all at the same time. I have heard woman getting - results and then finding out they are 3 months preggers. I have also heard that the longer that you have had it in the longer it takes to get your cycle back but who know and heaven forbid you ask you OB b/c obviously they swear by this Merina and I now know it is terrible. I wish you all the best keep up the test every month b/c if you are or have fallen preg during this time in wait for AF you wont get a period. Please let me know if you have any symptoms of preg now like I do. I just hope for me AF comes soon.
Hello, you sound just like me. I got my IUD removed on Dec. 11 and I spotted like on the 15th. Nothing for a whole 6 weeks. I took a OPK on the 9th of Jan. and it was positive. But I got a neg HPT! So finally I got my AF on Jan 23 which let me know I was on a 28 day cycle. So today through till monday I will be fertile and i ovulate on the 6th day. So hold out all hope is not lost. Do you happen to know your LMP? I could help you out then and if you don't know I would suggest that you get some Evening Primerose Oil and some Vitex (aka Chasteberry) I believe it helped my cycle started I used it 3 days before I got my AF. Hope this helps. Baby dust!!!
I had all the same signs of pregnancy for 6 weeks after removal. From what I hear that is your hormones adjusting. You have to get alot of antioxdants in your diet if you are TTC. Mirena thins the lining of your uterus.
That gives me hope. I will keep you posted but I'm not that confidant that I'm not yet. My lower back started cramping yesterday, peeing all the time..... but we all have hormones and I know they need to get back into cycles. Like I have read on here everyone is different and all things happen for a reason. I have heard many success stories of pregnancy that happened right away after removal to ones that were not. I have heard of neg test and then 3 months later they are three months pregnant. What were your symptoms and when did you get your first AF after removal? I know I'm healthier than ever and on vit. so if something did happen other than shock for my hubby and family we will be fine with the blessing. That said I'm not TTC. I would love to hear from you again and I wish you the best in TTC.
How long were on Merina? When was your ovulation and AF on it? The one thing going for me is that my boobs are not sore, but they do look bigger, darker and nipple. The things that us woman have to go through;) Did you have sex right before removal?
i had my iud removed 2 days ago. when should we start trying again to have baby number 2 ?
Hi Sam. Your going to read so much stuff that it's overwhelming. 1. know your body pre Mirena, b/c as woman we are all different and we can not compare in an unhealthy way from one to the next. It  makes us obsess or worry to excess that what happens to one happens to all. I have read most of the post Mirena sites and it's a lot. I have heard that a lot of people wait a cycle to TTC and than I have heard about a lot of stories where people have conceived right away and had very healthy preanacies. Be yourself and be healthy that's all you can ask for. I was very reg at my cycles and ovulations and conceive very easy where the next woman might not be. I am in the boat of waiting to see if I'm preg. I got it taken out b/c I developed an infection and when I got it out it was pre Meriana ovulation and my hubby and I had sex twice in the week before removal not even thinking about the risk of getting preg and we are not trying. I am at 14 days no AF had lgt bleeding 3-4 days after removal for a day if that, and have had preg symptoms since but again you never know. I have heard where people have been through that too and it took awhile to get their AF, but are they like me? Did they have sex like I did before removal? Was it around their pre merina ovulation days? Did they have a hard time TTC pre removal? That's where I'm saying know yourself and if someone gives you an answer ask more questions. Are you really like me and my situation as you say you are? So I say If you are healthy and have been taking your vit with the folic. Try!!! Why not? In the end it's God that decides not us. Like me. I really don't want a third right now but God might have a different plan and it will be OK. I hope that helps and all the best to you.  
hadmirena removed 12th janauary. started bleeding the 14th to 22nd january very heavy with lots of clots. started bleeding today which is exactly 29 days, so will i presume this is my af. i am ttc no 5 so i would love to know what way my cycle is
hi all,
there is hope out there!
i had my mirena coil out on january 4th 2010 as my husband and i wanted to start trying for a baby. my G.P told me i had to use other means of contraception until i got my period as it can be dangerous to concieve (conceive) at this time.
I had to take 2 pregnancy tests during this time but both came back negative. My breasts were sore, i had a swollen tummy.

After a month of no period i found this feed and decided to take some advice.  
Well it worked! I started taking it on Wednesday and by Saturday evening i had my period! it was 39 days after i'd had my coil removed.

The secret is starflower oil 500mg and casterberry (agnus castus berry) you can pick them up from health food shops. They are natural and help to control your hormones. I feel so relieved now and can get on with trying for a baby safely now. I also had carried out some relaxation meditation on the Thursday night to try and help relax me a little.

i hope this helps all of you waiting for your periods as it really does work!

candice
xxx
Hi All, I had my Mirena Coil removed on the 11th Jan had a period straight away, but now 6 days late for my next period. I have done several pregnancy tests but all came back negative. Brought several ovulation kits as well but do not seem to be ovulating. Anyone suggest anything for me?

Thanks all x
Hubby and I wanted a baby so we went to have my IUD remove 11/09 but they couldn't find it. So I had a ultrasound done 1/09 and my doc found nothing. Then i had a X-ray done and they couldn't find my IUD. They freaked me and my doc out, but then they called later saying they see it. So my doc tried to go up there to remove it again and nothing. So she said I had to have surgery to remove it. I had sugery 1/09 and they went up there with a camera found and removed it. I had it removed on the 14th and I had a heavy period the next day that lasted 7 days and was over and about 2 weeks after that I started having prego syptoms (symptoms). 4 neg test and nothing and my period has not returned. This is driving us crazy! Why don't the doctors tell you this.
I am having the same symptoms..late period but not indicating I am pregnant on the at home test!  Would it show up on a blood test at the doctors?
has anyone felt sick the next day after their iud was removed like nausea and dizziness blurry vision?
no  but have u taken a pregnancy test
i had the mirena coil in for 5years and 3months and i didnt have a single period whilst i had it in although this was great i have had my mirena coil removed on the 28th of january i had a little brown mucus for a few days after getting my iud removed but nothing else since. i was expecting my period on the 28th feb and still nothing i am not sexually active and havent been for sometime so i no im not pregnant but it worrying tht i havent taken my period yet. i have had pain in my right side for almost 2 yrs aswell and the dr's have given me scans, xrays, internal scans, ive had my appendix removed and ive had a laporoscopy. they want 2 do another laporoscopy coz they cant figure this pain out and its really frustrating. need help.
hello all i my self had the merena in for 5 1/2 yrs no period the whole time. i loved that but i had it removed on January 4 2010 i had some spotting the day after. was like you all stressing cause i am not getting a period i am sexually active so i thought maybe i was pregnant but i have taken 7 tests all where negative i went to the doctor he siad it can take up to three months for my period to start back well finally i got my period today march 1st and i am hating it i hurt so bad and extremely heavy more so thean before i had the iud and have real bad clots i really feel like i am having contractions.

Hello all, i had my copper iud removed last monday 3/1/10 due to heavy and clot bleeding. Today is the 8th and still no period. I am so out of whack right now. My husband and i had sex the night before the removal. I am so scared, i do not want another baby at the moment. What should i do??!!!  My husband said, i 'm just paranoid. It is still possible for me to be pregnant, although i had sex the night before the removal? Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
im assuming your period is late? dont panic because the iud could have disruppted your cycle...however, my dr told me not to have intercourse for 7 days prior to the removeal of my iud as sperm can live for up2 7 days in the right environment, which means u can concieve (conceive) right away. ive done some research, most of which reflects this. if your period is late take a test. before you have another iud put in or u start contraception again do a test to be sure your not pregnant.

good luck.
I had my mirena removed on 10/27/09 after 4 years, 7 months of use (my husband and I are ttc now).  While I had the mirena in I had no periods.  Two days after removal, I had light brownish spotting.  After that I've a had a few days of spotting here and there but no real period.  My doctor told me it could take up to three months for me to become "normal" again.  I started a period last sunday and have had extremely heavy bleeding with clotting since (still going).  Before getting my period I was taking ovulation tests but I knew it would be difficult for me to tell when I was ovulating because I've always had very irregular cycles.  Prior to the IUD I could go months without a period.  Any advice on how to tell if I'm ovulating?  I am hoping to be pregnant by the summer.
I actually took out the mirena on 3/3/10 and got AF 3/5/10 (2 days later!) which was really heavy and lasted 3-4 days. Hope this helps! :)
Can anyone assist me with a similar problem? I had my mirena IUD for 10 months and had it removed because we are TTC again. Previously I was on the pill, went off and got pregnant within the month I stopped the pill. I had my IUD removed on 12/07/09.  I didn't have my period in January, then...I had a 3 week spotty period in Febrary and on March 5th received my next period. It didn't end until March 25th and heavy the entire time! I called the doc a few times and he just said it is normal.  Well, I keep reading and it seems like most got pregnant right away. I am going on 4 months and have no idea if what I am going through it really normal. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
I had the Mirena removed 3/11/10 had it for 5year no period when i had it, but three days after i got it removed havy bleeding for 5 days. Had sex the day i had it removed can i still be pregnant, even if i had bleeding after.
i got my iud removed 3/22 because it feel down and i have yet to get my period this is my 3rd iud the first two were removed soi could get pregnant & i got period within 3 days of both removals. this time nothing a slight bit of brownish discharge when i wiped thats happend 3 times & other then that nothing. excessive diahreea i feel pregnant negative tests(3) & excessive regular discharge stomach cramps && excessive craving for sweets (which i usually rarely eat) i am suppose to go get my iud put back in on the 9th and im concernded i could be pregnant. my dr told me when she removed it chances were sortta high i had a open cervis meaning i was ovulation at the time she removed my iud completly. ... any suggestions?
what is the issue with iud's my iud came out on 12-24-09 i didnt get a period until 3-4-2010 and it is now April and I have yet to get another period i took an HPT on 4-5-10 and it was neg. So now I would like to try the pill but was told by my health care provider to start them on the day my cycle starts but since i have not have one I dont know what to do. I am debating if i should just start taking the pills anyway!
       My name is Erica and I  had my Mirena removed on March 3, 2008. I wanted to let you all know that your periods will be back to normal within 23 days after you all had it remove but if it does not return give it a little time. And after you gave it time and it still hasn't showed up you all need to call your healthcare provider. And see what else is wrong.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO IS TRYING TO CONCIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also you can all call Bayer the company who makes the darn thing and ask them on what should happen next and why it hasnt return yet here is the number for baye/mirena     1-888-842-2937 and follow the voice prompts.
HAD MY IUD REMOVED 3/2010 AND HAD A LIGHT AND SHORT PERIOD  THEN THOUT  WAS DONE,THE CRAMPS CONTINUED AND A FEW DAYS AFTER THE PERIOD,I SPOTTED AGAIN...CRAZY..BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE IUD COIL AGAIN..BUT IT WAS NICE READING ALL THESE POST..MADE ME FELL I WASNT ALONE.
I just had my Mirena IUD removed yesterday,  I was in and out of the ER Thursday and Friday for tests- to find out where my IUD was, where the strings were, and why I was getting pain on my left side.  The U/S and x-ray showed I had fluid surrounding my IUD and a cyst on my left ovary.  My doctor said it looked like the IUD shifted upward in my uterus, causing the "T" on the Mirena to hit my cyst and ruptured it.  MAking the fluid stay in my uterus.  So the only way I could feel better was the remove the IUD after only having it for a year and 5 days!!  I didn't bleed at all for the firs 8 months...4 months after having it placed, I fell pregnant but they left the IUD in because it was still in place and they knew I wasn't going to make it over the weekend (beta levels).  Then starting January 2010 I had my first period while being on Mirena.  I have having a normal cycle every month, which I thought Mirena was supposed to prevent.  Then this month, I was late (still am) but my body was probably reacting to the cyst that ruputed causing my cycle to get weird this month and last month.  

I had alittle cramping and a tiny bit of spotting (only 1 time) sicen yesterday after my removal!   I was shocked, I really thought IWas going to hurt worse and bleed more after all the posts I've been reading.  

I'm currently on no BC because pills give me a bad reaction and the IUD didn't work...I've begged my doctor to tie my tubes for the last two pregnancies (I've had 3 pregnancies and I have 4 kids- twins in the middle)...He makes excuses up everytime as to why he can't do it.  I've had it...he didn't offer me anything because of my history on pills...so DH and I are keeping FAR away from eachother right now ;)  He said he's buy condoms, but I'm not sure.  We've never had one break on us (knock on wood)...but I'd rather not take that chance either.  4 kids is alot when you have no money and the constant running to well visits is crazy.  

DH is making an appointment to get fixed next month- THANK GOD =)
hi there, ive been reading all your questions about periods and neg tests and so forth and i decided to reply.
i had the marina coil in for 4 years after the birth of my 5th child i decided in december 09 to have it removed and have my last and final child however i was NOT told what to expect after removal!!!!!
unlike afew of you i had "normal" peroids every 31 days whilst having the coil in and as expected had my period bang on time in jan, however the next month i was convinced i was pregnant having all the usual signs and having 5 kids already you`d think id know i was totally gobsmacked when i had my period bang on time being convinced i was pregnant anyway i put it down to just wanting to be pregnant....however the next month the same thing happened even the morning sickness this time i thought i was pregnant for sure but bang on time again my period came and the same month after month i thought it was all very strange but having searched the internet this is apparently very common along with the lack of periods which may i add can take up to a year to return and also fertility can take up to a year to return i wasnt told any of this when i had it put in and really wish i had been, so i hope tat helps a bit and for those of you wondering im not yet pregnant but hopefully not to much longer.
wishing you all the best of luck
rachel.
i had my second child october 2008, had mirena put in at 6 week check up, then had it removed july 2008 because i wanted another baby. i had no problems either before or during the use of mirena. like most posted i had a period right after removal. then nothing until october which was 3 months later, had a normal period at the end of october now it is the end of april i have had no period and i am not pregant. Just told i had to wait a year before(july) since the removal before the obgyn will look into it. Hope nobady has to wonder for a year what is  going on like i am doing.
i had my iud (mirena) taken out on april 5th 2010. on april 2nd 2010 i started feeling very uncomfortable and it was almost like i was being stabbed/poked. i have a 3yr old and it was easter sunday so i was very busy and put off going to a doctor. it got worse and worse by sunday(easter). i had to work all day monday and have no insurance at the time so i went to the er after work. they said that it was coming out so they had to take it out. it was put in jan 8th 2008. i was suppost to get my period last weekend but nothin yet but cramping here and there. the first night it was taken out i bleed alittle and had the brownish discharge. last week after not getting my period i took a hpt and it was negative. i am freaked out because i dont have insurance right now and i dont know whats going on with my body. i have all the symptoms of my period but no bleeding. i am scared for i do not want to get pregnant. it would not begood for my body nor our financial situation and i really dont want anymore children. any ideas?
I had my mirena for 3 years without a period it was removed  end of march no period yet with sign/symptoms of pregnancy except negative test I know it may be too early for hcg levels to show up but I have no idea when or if I ovulate or when my period should be help please!!!!!
hi everybody
i have some what similar story i have mirena for 3 and 1/2 year ,removed it on 24th of april still waiting for bleeding already have two kids don't want anymore . its true that doctore don,t give you all the details of this iud and  it does have lot of side effect
I got the Mirena put in February 25,2010 ....i had my daughter on January 15,2010...so like around 6 weeks after i had her...it was my 6 week check-up...i was EXCITED thinking YES!!! NO pills to take! I thought it would be the EASIEST way to do Birth Control~Boy i was Fooled....i have been OFF my period maybe 6-7 days ALL together for 2 Months...I HATE it...bleeding ALL the time...So i am going to get mine removed April 30,2010...Thank God....I will NEVER do that again....get the Merina:(
I AM 25 IN I HAD MY IUD IN FOR 5YR IN ITS TIME TO TAKE IT OUT... I SAY THAT BECUZ IF I DONT I MAY BLEED FOR LIFE. I HAVE BEEN BLEEDIN FROM 4-02-10 IN IT IS NOW 4-27-10... IS IT ME OR IS THAT TO LONG? THIS IS THE 1ST TIME IN MY LITTLE LIFE THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME!  TIME TO COME OUT.  WOULD ANYONE KNOW WHY IS THIS GOING ON FOR SO LONG I SAY IT'S THE (IUD) BUT I REALLY DONT KNOW! :-(
OMG, I'm going through the same thing. After having the Mirena for 2 and 1/2 years, it fell out. On 4/8 i had terrible pains and bled, then the bleeding stopped the next day, but I was very uncomfortable. I noticed I could feel a lot more string then normal, and the bottom of the IUD. Went to a clinic and the doctor removed it the rest of the way---it was lodged in my cervix. Since there's no way of knowing exactly when it became dislodged, and my husband and I have been having unprotected sex while on Mirena,
I'm now worried if I may already be pregnant. I did not bleed once the Mirena was fully out like I've been reading lots of women experience. I always had regular periods (and heavy and painful) but since I had Mirena, I haven't had a period in years. So I am unfamiliar with the regular signs of my menstrual cycle, and if the Mirena hormones are still affecting me, I don't know whether to wait a little longer before testing, or take one now (it's been 3 weeks).
Also, Jena, if you find that you are pregnant, contact your area provider about Medicaid, or apply online. There is Medicaid for pregnant women with financial situations and have no insurance (like myself).
Had Copper IUD removed April 22nd. My last cycle started April 1 and lasted until the 8th (this was about a week late, however). I developed a bacterial infection and was given LOADS of antibiotics that I started taking April 12th. I decided to have it removed because of frequent infections and SEVERE bleeding (to the point that I became anemic). Unfortunately, when she went to remove it, my strings had been cut too short so they were just outside of my cervix. She had to dilate it slightly to get ahold of the strings. I got very sick to my stomach and as soon as she pulled it out, I threw up. I had slight spotting that first day. It's now May 4th and still no period. How long does it take for things to go back to normal? My breasts were very tender and large at first, but are going back to normal (mine tend to do that when I ovulate anyway). I'm having abdominal pain, but I have no infections and no UTI. Could my uterus be "bruised?" Since mine was copper, is it normal for my period to be a little late after? Have not been having sex, so I'm not pregnant. Just curious if the pain and late period is normal. Thanks.
i had my mirena for 2 years got it taking out on the 24th of march did not have my period the whole time i had my iud after i gotten taking out i started my period for 5 days regular like it use to be it is now the 5th of may and not have had a period since is this normal? i have taking a pregnancy test and came up negitive the doctor told me i can try right away after getting it removed do you think im pregnant or just irregular periods which by the way never had a irregular period before iud
I had my IUD taken out on April 13,2010.  But I never got any spotting after it  being removed, it is going to be a month on tuesday.  I want to know if this supposed great birthcontrol is really just hurting the anatomy of woman all over the world.  My huseband and I were hoping to get pregant, but it is not happening.  And also to say 3 negative hpt and 1 negative at the doctors office.  What to do this waiting is what is going to kill me......
I had my IUD removed 6 days ago. It was in for 3.5 years. I am not ttc. However, I feel terrible. Headache and just weird feeling. Reminds me of quitting smoking cold turkey. Feel kind of light headed. Has anyone else experienced this after getting theirs out???
Hi, I have never posted on a forum or anything before, but really could use some other girls advice on my situation. I have a long health history with my pelvic area, I have pelvic congestion syndrome, which is where all the valves in my veins in my pelvic area have collapsed so the blood just pools in my abdomen, very painful, so the doctors blocked off as many of the damaged veins as they could without killing off my ovaries. I also have always had very painful and heavy periods, like big clots and everything. I had a laparoscopy done to check for endometriosis, but all that was there were some cysts. Sex has also always been very painful for me, like to the point where i have actually blacked out during sex. So needless to say, at 22, I have gone through hell. The doctors thought I should try a Mirena IUD. So I had it inserted while having another operation done (they tried in office but it was way too painful for me so did it while i was under having my kidney stones blasted) and after it was inserted I bled for almost a whole month. After that month, never had a period again. So now I am worried cause I am having it removed today, and am scared that a) it's going to be very painful because of my history and b) am I going to bleed?
Has anyone else not had any periods with the iud??? and if so when it was removed did you bleed? Oh and my symptoms from having the iud have just seemed to be acne and i do still get cramping and sore breasts every month.  
Hi all, this is a great site!!
I've had the mirena in for 4 1/2 yrs now and think it is fantastic. I don't get my period n if i do its just a spot here n there. Ive had no real concern for side effects until a month or so ago. Can anyone tell me if they have an odour thats similar to period but smells heaps stronger. its really gross!!.Sorry to ask but i dont know anyone with a mirena in to ask them personally.I was thinking it may be so because i dont actualy bleed??
Im so unsure any feed back will help..Cheers to u all..
Sorry if im on the wrong site..but theres heaps of ladies that have had experience with the iud thats why im asking..
I had my iud removed on april 27,2010 i had spotting for 2 days but nothing since. i had it in for one year so that is 5 weeks of nothing.  i am just curious if others have had these symptoms. i have had numerous negative test results, but i had one faint maybe even possible false positive.  anybody out there please help me out
Hi.  This is also my first time posting on this site.  I have had trouble with my periods since almost when I first got them.  After my first OB/GYN visit, I was put on a very low dose birth control to help control the irregularity, long lasting and extremely painful periods.  This went on and on as the dif OB/GYNs kept increasing the strength of the BC, each strength helping a little but never really alleviating the issue.  When I was in my late 20s, I stopped taking them bc I wanted to get pregnant.  I had a miscarriage and a year later was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. I did not immediately go back on BC as we were playing the "If we do (get pregnant), great.  If we don't, that's OK too."  However, my periods went back to the crazy pain and irregualrity.  And then I ended up getting a divorce.  Went to the OB/GYN and we restarted some BC, not for contraceptive purposes but becuase it was discovered I had PECOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and after a couple ruptured ovarian cysts, for which I went to the hospital, we decided to bump the BC to the IUD.  3 years and 2 ruptures again, I start clotting and spotting.  I stopped getting my period altogether about 6 months after having the Mirena inserted.  That was awesome!  And I know you are supposed to stop ovualting while on the IUD, I still did and felt it like crazy.  That confused me.  Then when the 2nd cyst in 3 years continued and the bleeding started, and extreme vaginal pain continued every 2 weeks at the beginning of May, all of which sent me to the ER, I started thinking.  The tests showed that my IUD was "in the right place" but if it was not doing what it was supposed to do (prevent the cysts) and this pain started every 2 weeks, perhaps it should be removed.  I did not need it for contraception so maybe it was causing me apin somehow?  It correlated with my period, then ovualtion, then the period, etc.  So after my 3rd visit to the ER and finally being admitted followed by some arguing with my new OB/GYN (which will soon be my old one) I had it removed.  That was 2 days ago. I am still in pain but it is not the same.  I guess only the next 2 weeks will tell if that was the problem or not, but in the meanshile, I am also wondering when I will start getting my period?  I am nearly 40 so it could be that I am pre-menopausal and that could affect it, but I am still wondering?  Since my original pain is still yet tbd I am really all confused and as someone else said, am crying and very emotional.  I just feel alone and want some flippin answers.  I hope the removal will stop all this every 2 weeks bs but am still concerned what happens with the removal.  I am not ttc and am not active, so that is not my concern, although to all of you who are, good luck...  I don;t know if I am looking for answers or just sympathetic ears and maybe a little understanding about the pain the IUD was possibly causing and to not feel so alone.  Thanks.  
I have had irregular periods my whole life due to PCOS. I have 2 beautiful children and am content to not have more. Also, having another child could very well render me permanently disabled. B/c of my female issues, I did not want to take the risks of permanent birth control, so 6 wks after my last child was born I had the Mirena put in. I have had spotting, arratic periods, frequent cramping, mood instabiltiy and such that birth control pills did to me too. So after about 2 yrs of this, i couldn't take it anymore so on May 28, 2010 I pulled my Mirena out in the shower. It was very easy & painless. Took all of 10 seconds, w/o paying $125 to have it removed. On May 31st I started some spotting and so for the past 10 days I have had a lot of bleeding from spotting to extremely heavy (where u can feel it gush out). I am wondering how long this is going to last? I have had some effects like skin breakouts, and multiple bowel movements in a day like a period, but I also see that my regular mood levels returning. No more unexplained bouts of  feeling over-emotional. Liking that, just want the bleeding to stop. Anyone had this experience? What do you know about it? Welcoming your thoughts. Thanks!
im goin through the same but ive taken 7 pregnancy test and all negitive  ive had my marina removed middle of last month 05/ 19/ 2010 and i still have not gotten my period. and as soon i removed the marina me and my boyfriend had sex and as some of u i see that u guys have had your period right after the marina has been removed. well as soon as i got my removed had no period what so ever. so me and my boyfriend has sex right after i got the marina removed could i be pregnant?
I can't believe there are so many people going through this too and they don't know about this in their research?  I got the paraguard- copper iud out last month and we have been ttc.  I'm almost a week late on my period, and have taken 5 negative pregnancy tests with ALL the symptoms of being pregnant.  It's just embarrassing now, because I swore I thought I was pregnant after all the nasea, tiredness, emotions, etc. and of course the late period.  My dr. said she hadn't heard of this before, but clearly it does happen.  hmmm.  Thanks, Ladies!!  
I had iud removed almost two weeks ago. spotted that day and alil the next then had some heavey bleeding at a week after it got removed and then it was like i started last night weds will be two weeks i hurt so bad. the day i got it out I started use junel fr.  How long before my body will be back to a normal cycle?
Thought I'd stick my post in too.....

I had a ParaGard since end Sept 2004 & was removed May 22 2010. Mine was removed because it had moved, became lodged, & was inflammed- btw, when this happens it hurts BAD to be removed. This was discovered when I went to the hospital & it was discovered I had fluid in my pelvis and diverticulitis. Not fun. Anyways....... My husband and I had had sex on a regular basis since. I should've had my period around the 4th and had not had yet.  Took a test this morning but it came up negative.  Was wondering if it was normal to miss for a while after removal, searched, and found this post. I guess it just may be.  Here comes the waiting game. Haha!!
I also had the paragard removed about six days after the start of my last period.  My husband and I are ttc.  I was expecting to start my period two days ago.  I've been having some of the symptoms (swollen, tender breasts and mood swings) for about a week, but have also been nauseous every evening around the same time.  I've only taken two tests, which have been negative.  This is drivig me crazy!  I've never had this much time between a perod (usually it's between 21 and 26 days).  No one ever told me anything about a period being late after IUD removal.  Actually, they said everything should be normal since there were no hormones.  Could I be pregnant???  
I had my IUD removed on May 28, 2010 and we had intercourse everyday for 5 days before I had it removed and everyday since I had it removed. I never had a period while I had the IUD so  have no clue to figure out when I am ovulating. This is frustrating I need to get pregnant before October my son and daughter were conceived in october and their birth days are a week apart I can't do another June baby!
Hey guys just wanted to share that i just got my mirena taken out 6 days ago last mon, my BF and i are trying to get pregnant again with our 2nd child :) so about 2 days after getting it removed we had sex and then the next morning i woke up to my period, and then i only had it for not even 2 days which was really weird cause i waas told it usually lasts for at least 5 days... then after the 2 days of having my period i have been waking up nauseated for the last few days now and throughout the day and been feeling soooooo moody and hormonal which is unlike me and my BF isnt liking it too much and keeps asking me whats wrone? but honestly i have no idea i feel sooo unlike myself and just feeling "pregnant" again! but isnt it too soon??? or could i have possibly gotten pregnant RIGHT after i got the IUD removed?? can someone please help me? i know its too early to take a pregnancy test and i dont want to be stressing too much about being pregnant yet but i truly feel like i am?? thank u guys so much for helping me out :)

Sincerely Ethan's mommy!!
hi all,
i had my IUD inserted 2 yrs ago(2008), i just got it out June 21,2010. i had sex that day the 21,23,25,and 26. I was wondering ..
1. when should be period come?
2. How soon can i find out if I'm pregnant?
PLEASE HELP..THANKS
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Okay, I got a Mirena IUD put it in March of 2009.  I got it removed in Feb. 2010 due to a ton of irregular bleeding and just horrible moods and whatnot.  I got a period 2 days after removal, that was pretty normal.  Now it is 4 months after removal, and my periods are just all over the place!  I will get a period that will last the normal 5 to 7 days, and then 2 weeks after it has ended I start spotting or having light brown mucus type discharge.  Now this month is totally different. I got my period on June 18th.  It lasted until June 24th.  Then a day later I started having darker brown spotting/light flow.  And it is still happening right now.  

Everytime I go to the doctor, they say everything is fine.  I have normal pap's and no infections of any kind.  I guess I am just confused because although my periods before I had my daughter were not always regular, I never had a problem with spotting like this in between cycles.  Is it due to the mirena, or is it just due to having my daughter.  I feel like my body is reeking havoc upon itself!

Any advice or just reassurance that other people have experienced similar symptoms would be appreciated.
WELL LET SAY MY COPPER IUD WAS REMOVED ON THE 15 OF JUNE HAD MY PERIOD ON THE 20 OF JUNE LAST 3 DAY HAD SEX ON THE 24 AND 25... OF JUNE NOW I FEEEL NAUSEA AND DIZZINESS CAN I  BE POSSIBLY PREGNANT ALREADY??????
I am new to this site but would like to post my experiences with Mirena...my first Mirena was inserted in 2004 I had it removed 4 years later in July 2008, on August 2008 BFP test!!!!! Had a beautiful healthy baby girl. Had second Mirena inserted 5 weeks after having her, had all types of side effects and I hated it. Had it removed just this Thursday on July 1, 2010. OBGYN said I was fertile at that time....been bleeding ever since then. I really want to have my 4th baby and complete my family! I hope it happens as fast as the first time did!!!
I just had my 2nd IUD (Mirena) removed today.  I had my first one put in in 2005 after my first son was born.  I had it in for 2 1/2 years and never had a period.  I got it taken out in the beginning of July and found out I was pregnant August 4th, so I got pregnant within a month of having it removed and I never got my period back.  I had a second IUD put in after my 2nd son and have had it another 2 1/2 years and still havent had a period.  I have not had a menstrual cycle since Dec 2004.  I have talked to 3 different Drs and they all claim this is normal with the IUD.  I just had my 2nd one removed today to try for my third, and last child.  This is a new OB/GYN im going to now and she said that I should wait to try to conceive at least 3 months which is about how long it should take to get my period.  She said that once I have my period then  I know the hormones are out of my body from the IUD.  
I'm new to this site also but just thought that I would share my experience with Mirena i had it inserted when my last child (my third) was about 5 mths old, at first i was happy enough with it just normal spotting and cramping for a few weeks.

But as time went on the spotting became continuous bleeding and I had lots of other horrible symptoms from it also, acne break outs, mood swings, cramping etc.

Anyway deceided to have it removed on 17th July (2010) and started to bleed (EXTREMELY HEAVY)  two days later which included a large amount of clotting and with bad cramping too.

This continued for about four days or so until it lighted up and stopped but then about a day later i started to spot continuously,  I went to see my doc who prescribed me primolut to stop the bleeding but I deceided to wait a while longer and let my body try to sort itself out on it's own.

With luck the bleeding stopped on its own!

We also have deceided to have baby no 4 and have been ttc since the bleeding has stopped,  my breasts have become very sore and swollen and i am now wondering if I am pregnant or is this just one more symptom from Mirena. I took a preg test this am but it was neg but my prob is that i dont know when to test because my system is all messed up from the mirena,  Have i tested to early????  

Any advice or comments much appreciated  and thanks 4 reading and also best wishes to all the other ladies :-)
I just want to share my experience with my mirena iud (even though it's not necessarily a good one).  I had it put in in May of 2008.  I had one period the following month and then no more.  We decided that when our youngest turned 2 that we would ttc our third child.  I had the iud removed July 28, 2009.  I had one period immediatly following removal.  In August, when I was late we bought a bunch of hpt's. At 2 weeks late (September) I went to the doctor and had a blood test done and it was negative.  After some discussion she decided to put me on 10 days of hormone replacement therapy to 'jump start' my period, which it did with a vengence.  14 days of VERY heavy bleeding.  October rolled around and again I was late with a bunch of negative hpt's.  I didn't go back to the doctor, I thought I'd just wait it out.  Nothing again in November.  Went back to the doctor in December and she decided maybe the pill was the next step.  Took a 4 month course of oral birth control.  As soon as I quit taking those, poof, my period is a no show again in May.  On June 12, 2010, I had 1 day of slight spotting, and another day on June 29.  Yesterday, I started what is basically the first period I've had without the aid of medication since the removal of my IUD.  Needless to say, I wont use it again, but hopefully this might help ease the mind of someone else going through similar issues.  And BTW, we will start ttc next month, wish us luck!!
I've had the Mirena for 2 1/2 years and is getting it taken out today because I have not been myself, (Mood swings). I do some energy work with chakras and felt I lost my mojo when my root chakra was clogged (Mirena) My theory is it's natural for women to have periods because it gets rid of toxins in your body that would also explain why I gained weight, lossed hair, and was comparied to someone going through menopause, I'm only 31. Mirena might be for some people but not for me! My husband agreed to get snipped that's the least he can do after I beared 3 of his children. With love and light, Sarah
I had my mirena taken out on March 12,2010. I have had it in for over 2 years. The doctor told me to wait a couple of months to start trying to have a baby. I remember having a period in April, I just can't remember what day it was. Then in May, I took a test and it came out a very faint positive. So I thought that maybe I was pregnant. Then a couple of days later I started bleeding. But it was very abnorma. It only was a couple of days instead of my normal length. So I just ignored the results. Then in June,I took another and it came up a positive, and it had a very dark line. I am not sure if that period that I have earlier was just because of the mirena, so I am further along then what I think I am. Help me
I got my IUD mirena taken out July 2nd. I had some spotting the first 2 days, I have'nt had any signs of a period since then. I am getting nervous. I am getting the copper IUD in but my doctor wants my period to show up first. I have had IUDs in since my first child I got it Dec 2003. I got a new one last August 09. So I have been very happy with the mirena. But I want something that last a little longer. I dont know how much longer it will take to get my period. I will keep u posted with my results!!
Love my mirena no period for about 7 years now !!!!
I had it put in in 2004 changed in in 2009 after 5 years and no periods some spotting between switches but hoping to remove in about 6 months to have another kid .. i was told by my doctor it may take 1week to 6months to get pregnant after removal depending how the hormone works. it does work different on everyone .. after i will have my baby i will definitely put another one in .....Thanks
HELP!

I had my Mirena IUD put in December 2009. I actually fainted when they put it in, it was so painful. I've never had children so my uterus was prepared for the pain. I had the worst cramps of life and some days I couldn't even stand and I would cramp everyday. Before Mirena I had cramps while on my period but this was something out of a horror movie. So in April 2010 I decided to have that awful thing removed. I had a normal period the next day and exactly 28 days later had another one. But after that nothing............ I haven't had a period since June 3rd it's now over 60 days. Is this normal? The doctor never mentioned this type of side effect. I have taken 8 pregnancy test just to be sure. So is this a side effect? Why wasn't I told about this? I feel like this isn't normal. I hate to say it but getting my period every 28 days made me feel normal. Now I just feel like something is wrong. I'm hoping that this doesn't effect my chances of having children later on down in life. I am 27 with no children and I really hope I didn't screw up my chances now.

Can anyone shed some light????!!!!
So sorry to hear about your bad experience with Mirena,  I reckon that ur body is just trying to adjust to the hormone changes.  I bled continuousy after removal but I've also heard of lots of women not bleeding at all, everyone is different but my experience was so bad also that i would never again get any type of iud.

Please dont worry about not being able to conceive ur body will need time to recover, and just because u arent bleeding doesn't mean that u r not ovulating,  You may have read my letter posted a while ago about my expeience and  I am just starting to feel that things might get back to normal 4 me.

If ur periods don't return in a few weeks u could go to gp just to put ur mind at ease.

best wishes

Spurs1
Hello everyone, has anybody felt better after having the mirena removed that wasn't trying to get pregnant and using a different means of birth control? I have had my iud for 5 years and for the past month have had some pretty strange things happening to me. I am extremely tired, mood swings, emotional, water retention, heart palpitations all day long, lack of sex drive, migraine headaches, loss of appetite, need I say anymore.
I am having a stress test done 8/20/10 and my IUD removed 8/20/10 and then getting a script from my gyn to test all of my hormone levels. I know I am not pregnant and at 43 have no desire to either. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms before their IUD was removed? I am hoping to get back to myself soon because I sure don't like the person I am now.
Hey everybody!! I just wanted to update. I finally got my period!! It took 43 days but its back. It only lasted 4 days instead of my normal seven, but at this point I dont know what normal is. I am now trying the conceive my 2nd child. I am really excited to have a another child its been so long I dont know what to expect. Wish me luck!! And I hope this comment helps some of you. The best wishes.
I had my iud removed on the 6th of this month... I had no period through the whole time i had it in(3 years) i had a couple days of bleeding on the 8th.. could that of been my period?? My boyfriend and I have been together almost everyday since... still no period but i feel nauseated all day cramping and sore breast... could i be pregnant already???
i got my iud taken out july 28th started my period july 29th spotted on aug15th for not even the whole day due for period aug29 it hasnt came. took 7 test all showed super faint pink lines but only after sitting for awhile. am i preg or no???
I had my IUD removed August 18 and got my period 5 weeks later on Sept. 22.  I had the IUD for almost 3 years.  I also experienced major pregnancy symptoms throughout the 5 weeks post removal: sore bbs, enlarged bbs, gas, nausea, tiredness, frequent urination, cramping on my sides, very emotional, and even a lot of CM. It was quite a roller coaster ride and I'm glad that I finally reached AF!  I noticed a week before AF, my cervical position was high and hard with creamy watery CM that continued until AF arrived.  The day before my AF, the CM had a slight tinge of pink to it and the OS of my cervix was slightly open (which clued me in that AF was about to arrive!).  Hope you all get AF soon or a +HPT if you are TTC!  Good luck girls!
Well i had my paraguard copper coil out i July and haven't had a period since, just a bit of brown d/c when it;s due. Gp fobs me off. Had a pelvic scan but nothing obvious reported. I was pregnant 10 yrs ago but had termination. I always had regular, reasonably heavy periods, and now, when ttc, they've all dried up - hopeless. Can't believe the doctors know nothing about this because it obviously happens
I had my iud removed sept 16th..waiting on af still.
I am too waiting for my cycle to start...I had my Mirena IUD removed on 10/12/10 and no bleeding after the removal..up till now!! But I have been having terrible cramps..
Has anyone had a similar experience..It was so intense to the point that I did a pregnancy test yesterday and obviously it was negative :-/
I read some women monitor their vaginal mucus..well i had none of that too but dry i don't know if something is wrong with me or what..but those cramps are intense..please share your thoughts to ease my mind~Thanks
Hey, Ladies this is my first post on here. Here is my story: Mirena was put in May 2008. I didnt have AF while mirena was in. It was removed on Sept 22, 2010. I bled two days after. This had to be withdrawl (withdrawal) bleeding and I havent had anything since. It is now 41 days since removal and no AF. Took HPT this am and it was BFN. Just tired of playing the waiting game.
had my iud removed sept 6 2010. on the 10th bled for 7 days stopped 2days and started back up for 7 more days no more bleeding now its nov. 3 still no reg period 1 neg pt with symptoms of preg. what should i do?
well, I am so confused..it's like my body alternates..One day it feels like I'm pregnant, having nausea and frequency and the other would be cramping as if I'm about to start! 2 BFNs so far which I knew it would be simply doesn't feel like pregnancy..
My stats again
Mirena placed 4/207
Removed 10/12/10
No bleeding so far not during or after removal or while having the Mirena this entire time..
I'm really confused..I guess my body is in serious confusion after removal too :-$
well here is my update..I got a Positive pregnancy test today..no cycles after mirena! it was removed on 10/12/10 so my doctor wasn't correct when he told me that it was "unrealistic to get pregnant before 6 weeks of removal"
I will retest in a few days to make sure it's not a chemical pregnancy wish me luck ladies :)
Congrats on ur BFP!!! Wish you da best of luck. I am currently 47 days since removal and no sign of AF yet. I have taken several hpt with BFN. Imma give it 3 months tops then Im goin to see my doctor.
I got my Mirena removed in May of this year and here it is December and I still haven't gotten a period!

No bleeding or spotting literally nothing at all.

I was never warned about this type of side effect. I only had the Mirena for 3 months due to severe side effects.

I need some advice here because my doc doesn't seem too concerned.

I'd like to try to start planning for my 2nd but I need a period first.

Any advice is welcomed,
thanks
Jasmine in Ohio
This is the EXACT same as me.. I got my coil inserted july 2 this year and removed this month on the 12th day oof my menstrual cycle. a little bleeding on day of removal, had  unprotected sex on days 13,14,15 etc etc my period was due 26 of this month still nothing, had so many preg tests, al.l negative but feel moody, tired, sore nippples etc, again no dr saidf anythign about this.. maybe i  will test again soon BUT i was wondering IF maybe the removal stuffs up the HCG reading in preg tests. has ANYONE here got preg after IUD removal?
Mirena inserted June 07
removed 19 days ago on Nov 11
spotted for 5 days post removal
trying for a baby no period yet, cant wait to get pregnant !!
We're having sex every night 2-3 times per night
the night after i left my comment, i got my period (1st dec 2010) VERY HEAVY and i have had all the hormones of pregnancy, crying etc. so that means that this cycle was 34DAYS~! does anybody know how you can work out date of ovulation  with a cycle of 34 days is it still day 14? ALso.. who here has tried the LH ovulation test strip kits??
All these posts and nothing really compares to my experience with the Mirena IUD.  I am 43 years old and have had 3 children. After years of heavy periods (7days), I decided to have the Mirena inserted May 2010. The first three months were great, no Overnight pads, just regular and even sometimes spotting.  Oh boy, September, I had to revert back to buying Overnight pads. I bled for 16 days (little less than my normal flow before the Mirena).  October I bled for 21 days, I went to the GYN and he gave me Premarin to stop the bleeding to trigger or fool the hormones, November 3rd I got my period again (heavy), still to this day. Missed out on my anniversary and the hubby's bday.  I feel bad for my husband, but I thank God he has been so patient.  On Dec.1, I got my IUD removed. I still have heavy bleeding with clots and cramps. Haven't even thought about BC, because the bleeding hasn't stopped!  Is there something wrong? How long am I supposed to bleed? Please help!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I had my copper coil removed on the 10/11/10 and havent had a period since the one i had before the removal, which was the 1st of Nov. My breasts are really sore and i am constantly tired but i have done several pregnancy tests and they were all negative. Has anyone had a similar experience who can offer some advice,,, thanks xx
had my copper iud removed 2weeks ago......hubby and i did get intimate twice but used withdrawal method.....my period was always on time everyy month....we have two boys and we dont want another child just now...being waiting on my period to start bk on the pill....expected my period atleast 4 days now...had to remove because i had a paps mear scare.....i did a preg test 2 days ago...negative...do any of u have any advice for me...oh i had my iud in 5 yrs...my gyno doesnt seem to think removal should interrupt regular periods since the copper has no hormones.....
Hi!

I just had my copper IUD remved yesterday (12/16/10), so knowing that most of you gals got prgnant and missed their period make me feel worried. I'm not ready to have another baby so, i guess i need to be very careful... better keep a condom in hand.
Hello everyone, My husband and I was having intercourse. I started to feel sharp pains against my side. So I had my husband stop and check. He said he could feel my iud. It was lower than normal. So I asked him to see if its loose. He said no. You try feeling it. I reached down to feel the string. I felt about 2 inches hanging low. So I pinched it was my middle finger and thump. To see if it would wiggle. Once I wiggled the string, it slide right out. I had my iud put in about 3 years in March 2008. I was fine spotted a lil bit. The next day had my period. Looked like blood mixed with water. So today I went to go use the bathroom. It was gone like I never had my period. I just wanted to know should i be worried? Thx
My IUD fell out a little over a week ago and still no period, any advice?
my stats:

iud placed May 2008
no periods after 1st year of mirena use
iud removed 9/22/10
spotted few days after
1st af 11/10/10
nothing since as of 12/29/10
i had removed marena iud in 11-17-2010 i got my beriod after about 7 days then there is no period tell now iam sooooooooo worry when i can get my beriod back and how long i need to get pregnant?!
I removed my Copper T on Oct after 4 yrs and still no period. Took a pregnacy test and it was negative..
i had my mirena taken out dec 6 and still have had no period. i had 1 day of bleeding 3 days after removal. i took a pg test two days ago and it came back negative. is this normal? i seem to be having some pregnancy symptoms but maybe i just want one so bad. extra saliva, hair falling out, sore breasts.
I just had my Paraguard IUD out on December 27th, 2010 after almost a year because of the spotting side effects and the fact that it started coming out on its own.  I am a week late, which I almost never am.  I just need somewhere to vent because I've taken 2 pg tests which were both negative.  I don't "feel" pregnant.  I really don't have any symptoms except maybe bloating/gas pains and exhaustion, but no nausea, which I had with both my older children.

I also feel like I'm losing my mind because I am also starting fertility testing/treatment this week.  I had tried to get pregnant for 3 years before getting an IUD to have a "break".  I guess all we can do is wait or call the doctor.  Good luck to you all!
I had the Mirena out 11/01/2011 since having if after my 2nd child 2006 My periods are like clock work, on a tuesday every 28 days and roughly around midday, the last time i was intimate was 1st of Jan. The removal was fine, a little tugging pain, which was masked as the nurse told me to cough at the same time. I wore a panty liner just incase i bled a little, I only seen a little blood after going to the bathroom and wiping myself. I usually have sore breast as a sign that I am due on, and an upset stomach with a huge thirst. I found this site to see what it would be like when I have my IUD out, the testimonies of  some of the womens expereinces were actually worse, but netherless worthwhile, one of the best info is to go and see a doctor. Today nothing but I have mild stomach cramps also the last two weeks I have had sore nipples which I have never had before. It is way to early to take a Pregnancy Test. I like to have periods, a reason to explain for PMS, i hope that I am not waiting to long for them to return?
I finally got my period 35 days after removal. Very heavy bleeding the first day but other than that it was normal. it lasted about 5 days.
Hey guys, gald I found this site as I thought I was the only out going through this.  Well, I had my IUD (Mirena) taken out in November after having it in for 16 months.  Had it removed due to horrible side effects and am so glad.  I bled two days after removal for a few days, nothing major.  Then got my 1st period on December 18th which was my normal date from before contraceptive injections and then the coil.  Was a little heavy for a couple days then stopped completely after 5 days, only trouble is now I'm late but I cant be pregnant as my partner and I have been careful.  How long should I wait befor going to my Doctor???
i just had my IUD removed on 2/2, had spotting the day of then heavy bleeding 2 days later. I had no periods the 3 & a half yrs i had the iud. Ive had no bleeding since so im unsure if its a period.
I had the para-guard inserted on Dec. 21, 2008 and near the spring of 2010 I started having heavy bleeding and heavy cramping. I would also get this blood that looked like old blood before I actually started. It was a mess anyway to say the least I wanted it removed and my OB could not find the strings. So I had to have a ultrasound to find it. It was there right in the place it was supposed to be. But, the strings were up in my uterus. I again went back to my OB which again failed at the removal. This was getting expensive for me so my OB asked me to contact Planned Parent Hood. I did and they were unable to remove it. They made me an appointment for the next day to have it surgically removed.  It was called a hysteroscopy it was not bad, just some cramping after and 3 days later Dec. 30, 2010 I had a period. That was very heavy and lasted about 12 days. So I was thinking I would have my period around that same time and I did, Started on Jan. 30, 2011. Well, that lasted for 10 days the last day was Feb. 9, 2011 and guess what I am bleeding again just started today Feb. 17, 2011. Has anyone else done this? I am calling my doctor tomorrow.
Got my IUD (Mirena) out on Feb. 8th. Exactly a week later, I started bleeding, lightly. Only enough for a light panty liner.  I had it in for almost 2 years. I took it out because I had HORRIBLE side effects.  I had hair loss, bladder problems, cramping, pregnancy symptoms, etc.  The first year was great, but after that I developed the symptoms.  I didn't realize it was the IUD until recently because I didn't have problems the first year.  I've had it out a week and a half and already have had relief from the symptoms. Even stopped losing my hair FINALLY!!  Just curious why my period is so light and why I didn't bleed AT ALL when it was removed.  Will it stay light or is this just the first period in two years, so it needs to get back into the swing of things?  
had a copper coil removed january 16 , had my period january 24 , now late for next period, done a couple of HPT but negatv , we are TTC. what could this be , wr is my period if iam not pregnant.
Wow... It's somewhat calming to know I am not alone. I am FREAKING OUT!!!!
I had my last period on January 19th. I had my Copper IUD removed after having it for 5 months on Feb. 9th because my body was rejecting it. However I had unprotected sex the night before I had it removed. I started bleeding the day after it was removed and bled for 3 or 4 days. If you go by my regular cycle I am 18 days late. And the day before I should have started I almost fainted at work and have never had anything like that before. Now if having it removed effected my period... I should have started today but there is nothing. No signs what so ever. However I was crampy for a few days about a week ago. I looked up one of those charts that show when you ovulate and if it messed up my cycle the prime day I had sex three times. The first time we used that spermicide but two after we used the pull out method. In the few weeks I have been an emotional train wreck. And I have felt like throwing up almost all day everyday. Strong smells have almost sent me into the bathroom. And I have had headaches on a regular basis... However I have taken 4 hpt and they have all come back negative. I took one today and it was negative. I don't know what's going on. My period is never late. Has anyone else had the same experience and if so did you end up getting your period or were you pregnant? Please someone respond. I feel like I'm going crazy. Thanks.
I had the Mirena IUD for 5 years with NO periods the whole time. I had it removed at the end of Nov 2010.  Now, it's March and we got a positive pregnancy test last night!!!  Good luck everyone!
Ummmm....from what I have read about the removal of the iud, is that u arent supposed to have unprotected sex 5 days before removal!! They say this because sperm does sit in there for 5 days and when u get it removed it goes on through!! To me (now dont freak out, I am no doctor!!) it seems like u could possibly pregnant, but at the same time y r u getting negative results!!?? Idk, u may want to go to the doctor, jus to make sure!! Most people do get pregnant right after the removal so jus to b on the safe side go check it out!!!
Hi, I had the Paraguard inserted in Sept 2010.  I want to have it removed because of the side effects.  I have severe cramping (bad enough to where I can't stand up and it feels almost as bad as kidney stone pain) & I spot pretty much all the time.  I am not TTC, so I was wondering if anyone knew how long you have to wait before going back on birth control pills?  Also, how long is it before you have a period after removal?
Also, does anyone else with the IUD have severe cramps/pains after you have sex?  I have this problem & I was wondering how common it is.
well let me join the boat....although every woman, even every pregnancy is different, it is somewhat comforting to know you're not insane and there are others in the same boat.
I had my Mirena IUD removed 1/24-i had it for 3 years with no periods, bled for about 5 days lightly.  Had my first period on 2/17, bleeding heavy and crampy lasting 6 days. before my last pregnancy i was 28 day cycle like clockwork. my dr said fertility will return within 6 weeks.  on day 32 i started another "period", this one is very light, no clots, and minimal cramps if any. this is day 4 and it is tapering off.  for the last two weeks i have had pregnacy symptoms like dizziness, headaches, backaches, slight pelvic cramping, severe bloating (looking 4 mos pregnant!), darker nipples, tenderness and montgomery tubercules around nipples,  but tests still show negative.  I was curious if what i have now could be implantation bleeding, which can go into 5/6 weeks pregnant if ovulated late.
I do know that with my first two kids i did not get a BFP until i was 4 weeks past conception not LMP. Does anyone have anything similar to this to comment on experience?
Going crazy here, i want to have my 3rd/last child before my other two are much older....
I had my IUD removed after having 2 over a 10 year period.  I have an 11 yr old from my previous relationship and am desparate to have a baby with my current partner but at 35 I feel that time is kind of running out!  
I didn't had a period for the whole time I had an IUD and am now petrified that my body won't return to normal.
I had it removed a week ago and had 2 days of very light bleeding 4 days later.  I have no idea where I am in my cycle, don't know if it was a period or just spotting and I'm getting really stressed out about it.
After searching around looking for something which would put my mind at rest, I'm going to try a basal thermometer to try to track whether and hopefully when ovulation is taking place.  They are around £15 and as I know the doctors won't test my hormone levels until about a year has passed, it seems like the best option I have.

Good luck to all of you ttc. x
hi everyone, ive  been told so many stories and would just like to know whats going on with my body???? i had the copper coil removed on the 22nd march and was due my period 29th and no period? my last period as 1st march? i have taken 2 pregnancy tests and oth negative :(
someone please help xx
The copper IUD and mirena are completely different. IUD copper there are no hormones at all you still ovulate each month. With mirena there are hormones and you stop ovulating like when on the pill. So you can not compare removing either of them to each other. with mirena it takes time for hormones to leave your body. IUD there is no waiting you can literally get pregnant that same day you have it removed, as removing it can also cause you to ovulate. A pregnancy is not going to show up on a home pregnancy test until you are atleast 4 weeks. best bet go for a blood test
I am reading all these comments and can't figure out if I should worry or not. I had my IUD(marina) put in 6 weeks postpardom on 2/20/2010 and I got it removed now a little over a year on 3/31/2011. My husband and I want to try for another child and now with these post I am little worried. I started my period two days after I got my IUD removed and it last for 5 days which was normal for me. We had sex the day before my period started and then right after my period ended. I have had no pain from having my IUD out and I had a regualry period. I do not ever plan on getting a IUD in again because my hormones where out of control and my weight gain went up high while having it in, in a week I have lost 7lbs since getting it removed. I was also always tired, now I  have more energy. But anyways I am wondering how long I have to wait to find out when I will be pregnant or if I am. I mean I know its too early now since before when I had my daughter I conceived on our honeymoon but I am not sure when I found out I was pregnant. I just want to know if its too soon or risky.
hi there I had my IUD Mirena removed on Tuesday march 29th after 3 yrs and half....I started spotting the next day and on the 31 it started heavy and its now april 12 and still very heavy and blood clots i guess i am going to call tomorrow morining to make sure if this is normal or not..I just figued since it has been over 3 yrs without a period...but boy its awful...cramping bloating, headache and nuasea a times....
I had my IUD removed on 3/31 and was suppose to expect my cycle yesterday, 4/17! there was no cycle. Ive had the IUD for 3 years and had a regular normal period since then just with no cramps! now that ive missed it im concerned because ive never missed period expect when i was pregnant with my son. I highly doubt im pregnant because me and my husband have been extra careful! Im glad I found this site and to know that i might go months without a period! Im waiting to hear back from my doctors nurse to update me on the IUD removal because the dr didnt say anything about how long i should expect my period! im so use to my cycles and this is weird having to wait for it to come becuase its always been on schedule!
Ok i had my iud out on april 12 i never bld like my doc said i should and it day 21 and still havent had a period could i be pregnant
I had my mirena removed april 12 no bleeding afterwords like the doc said im on day 21 and still no period is it to soon to do a pregnancy test
I HAD MII IUD FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS....I HAD IT REMOVED ABOUT 5-6 MONTHS AGO & STILL NO PERIOD....FUNNY THING IS I NEVER HAD A PERIOD WHILE I WAS ON THE IUD NEITHER!!! I HAVE BEEN HAVEING PELVIC PAINS FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW & DOCTOR CAN'T DO THEIR JOB BECAUSE THEY KEEP TELLING MEE NOTHING WRONG...BUT I FEEL FREAKING PAIN!! SO BASICALLY I HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD WHILE ON THE IUD FOR 4 YEARS & 5-6 MONTHS AFTER REMOVAL!!! SUM ONE PLEASE HELP MEE!!! MEE & MII HUSBAND R TRYING TO GET PREGO!!!
I had my iud removed on the fourth of april i have not had a ms yet. My fiancee and i are trying  its never like this iv always had regular cycles and now for the past two weeks iv been spoting all over the map took a pg test two weeks ago and neg maybe testing to earlie???
Hello everyone, so im new to this and just gonna jot down my exp and issues real quick. had my iud a little over 4 yrs and just had iit removed about 2 weeks ago, i had it taken out at the er bc i was in severe pain with my lower abdomen and back. the iud started to imbed itself in the uterine wall  (the not so nice) er doc pulled the iud out since then i have been bleeding like someone gutted a pig(sorry to bee so discriptive). i cant even go to work or school, or have quality time with my spouse. i been back to the er and they tell me its fine... i stopped wearing tampons which i was going through about 12 a day, and now to pads were im still using about 5-9 pads within  a half day. im scared and doctors cant tell me whats  wrong. if anyone has any feedback im definately all ears.
I had my mirena for over a year and a half, I have two lil ones..and cant stand the side affects that only 5% of women seem to be getting..no period.. but spotting all the time.. (doesnt seem very healthy) I finally go the courage to get mirena removed.. I was so afraid it was going to hurt... It was very quick.. 1st day..nothing but slight cramping... no bleeding.. until the next day.. major cramping.. and bleeding like I did after Birth...(tmi but) .changing a pad everytime I go to the restroom.... anyone else having this? Now I would like to say.. the another major reason I had it removed.. was because I work out 6 days a week and can not loose a single lb.. Today.. only 3 days after removed... im 3 LBS lighter!! Woohoo... Oh.. and the Dr informed me.. before she removed my Mirena..(while im in the office.. which is kinda stupid- they should tell you on the phone) that if I was to have sex 5 days before.. I could get pregnant... because sperm can live inside of you for 5 days... Just a little Fun Fact... so if your going to get it removed.. make sure you are using another form of birthcontrol 5-6 days before removal....And.. the Dr who removed it.. said that the women who come to get it removed... usually complain about their weight...and on average.. they are 40-60 Lbs over weight.. something the manufacture doesnt tell you!!! Thanks Mirena.. but you are no good for me! Good Luck to all you women out there!

I had my iud removed a month ago and have not had A period yet but over the last two weeks been waking up with head aches and nausea with no vomiting.  I also am experiencing frequent urination and some cramping and decrease in appetite with a less tolerance to foods I usually enjoy eating and some breast tenderness.  I have already turned up two negative pregnancy test a week  appart pregnant, not pregnant? I do t even have a missed period to go on iv had my iud for almost two years with no period since my pregnancy HELP!
They took my IUD out March 7, 2011 and got my period full force 3 days later. Had sexually intercourse def at the times of ovulations. April came and no period, but it wa two weeks late, got it twince in once month. Tried to TC again the following month and for some reason none of the ovulation letst show that I am ovulatiing in ANY given month at ALL! Very frustrating! We are now on month 4 and I am late again but pregnancy test negative. My calculated ovulation or most fertile was May 28-to like June 2 or so. I'm suppose to get my period on the 13th and I haven't. I took a test and still negative. My period is JUST not the same. I can't read all the post but was wondering if anyone had or has the same problem as me.
Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with you. I had my IUD removed (Nova T, with no hormones) and a month later my period was not coming. My period was always very regular. After a few days I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I took another one a few days later (but in the morning) and still negative. I felt more tired and a bit of nausea, but no breast tenderness. This morning I took the test again, 10 days after my period was due, but this time it was positive! I will do a blood test just to make sure. Good luck to all of you!
I had Mirena for 2 years and just had it removed yesterday. I was told to expect bleeding, but i still haven't started yet... it seems like this varies from person to person - obviously we are all different. But can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for the bleeding to start?.... thanks!!
I had mu iud removed last month on the 23rd of may and had my period two days later but now it is the 25th of june and still no period nauseated and frequent urinating especially waking up in the middle of the night. Took a pt and negative what could be the problem
I am going thru the same thing. Had the paragard in for 9 mon. Turns out it was falling out so they removed it the day before my period was suppose to start. Now 3 days later... no period
i am over joyed that i found this site! i had mirena put in on 10-15-09 and within the last 3 months its been killing me! i have NO sex drive at all an at 19 years old?? i know thats not right! i'm very moody, been gaining weight non stop no matter what i eat, ive been nauseated all this week and last, constant back pain, and the absolute worst part my stomach pains and abdominal pains hurt so bad. its worse than labor pains and i had no medicine during labor!! i've called every gyno and health department around an theyve all told me $300-$900 for removal and $300-$500 for the appointment because i currently have no insurance!!! i had insurance during and 6 weeks after pregnancy! i wish i could have seen this site before i got it put in. nobody told me i would have to endure severe pain. i'm going 3 HOURS away thursday to have a dr. remove it for $175. this pain has to be the worst i've ever had and i'm praying it's not an ectopic pregnancy!
i has my iud removed in april after having it for 5 years. im may i had light spotting and in june had a regular period. been taking the pill for over a month now but july 1st had unprotected sex with my husband and now im 7 days late?? took a test and it said negative... is it too soon to tell if im prego?? or do  think its the iud messing me up?
Hi Ladies ,
Ok ...My hubby and I are TTC on June 16 , I had my Iud removed two day later I got a 7 day cycle *(normal for m e) a few day later I got a 4 day period super light ! I am about a week and a half out from my missed period ...Six negative pregnancy test , but it is still early I believe to test . Bloatin g, back aches, frequent urination , fatigue (hit by a bus style  lol) Moodiness , gums bleeding , UTI , yeast infections , all signs from my pregnancy with my son ! UGH BLOOD TEST TOMORROW WISH ME LUCK !!

mrs. nelson
I had my last period on April 23rd. My IUD was removed on May 9th. I haven't had a period since. We are ttc and I never know when I'm ovulating because I'm not getting periods. I have taken 6 pregnancy test all negative. Every time I get a negative test I get disappointed and it's causing a major emotional roller coaster. All the sudden out of know where my face, neck, shoulders, and chest started breaking out and my face is so oily. I wash my face and an hour later it's greasy again. I don't know if these are period related symptoms or pregnancy related symptoms. I'm starting to think I'm losing my mind.  
I got my IUD removed on JUNE 22nd 2011, and on the 23rd i had my period. It lasted for 4 dayz  (normal for me). I was supposed to start my Period on the 23rd. Is it normal to have a period and then miss one after having the IUD removed??
hi, i had my coil out five weeks ago and had unprotective sex and i still havnt had a bleed, did a spainish test last week when on holiday and a very light shadow line say i was pregnant, but to scared  to do one now im home. can anyone shed some light for me please
Had the mirena IUD and started cramping horribly. It was constant for a few weeks, but no bleeding. The iud stopped my periods and I haven't had one for months. I wasn't sure what was going on and finally went to the dr. They did an ultrasound and found out that my body began to reject the iud and pushed it down so low that I could feel it. They told me there's only a 1% chance of this happening in the first 6-8 weeks but I had mine for a whole year before my body starting pushing it out. Had it removed the other day and feel so much better. I'm still extremly tired and I still have waves of nausea like crazy. Sometimes I swear I can smell things stronger than the people around me (comes in waves). The dr did tell me that because the iud moved so low, my chances of getting pregnant on it were much higher than before. She gave me the nuvaring to try but I think I might wait a few weeks and take a pregnancy test first. Did anyone else feel these symptoms when the iud was removed? Will they go away or should I be worried about being pregnant??

I had the copper IUD removed last week, a day before my period was due. I still haven't started and I'm never late. With the IUD in my periods were always on time, if not a day or two early and it would last up to 9 days. Which is the main reason for getting it removed. I also found out about copper toxicity and I had similar issues to those symptoms. So I thought best to remove it before things got worse. But, I wasn't expecting to lose my period on a non-hormone implant, especially the removal of it. I see most of you on these posts have the hormonal implant and can understand that it is most likely normal to not get a period back for a while. But I'm really confused as to why mine would have stopped. I have already taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. I'll take another just to make sure. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this on paragard (copper) IUD?
i had my IUD since 08/2008 i just recently took it out due to repeating infection i took it out on the 18 of july n my period came on the 20th of july n still on......not only that no im seeing blood clot.... is this normal????
I just got my iud removed on the 13 of july n I aked my doctor if I could start getting pregnant n he said everything was fine for me to start I had my period on the 21 of july n it barely ended Monday Tuesday or Monday night had intercourse I'm trying to get pregnant but I'm scarex wat if I can't or something?? I got?? pregnant 1 week after not getting my depo shot. Right away 3 years ago wit my son ... I hope I can get pregnant any advice???
I need help I had my coil removed 6 weeks ago and last night I came on really heavy I never had periods on the coil and when I say heavy u could swear someone had been stabbed in my bed it was that bad please help I'm getting a bit worried now thanks for ur time amz x
Hello everyone! I had my Mirena IUD removed yesterday, 7/28/2011. We are ttc. The doctor told me that everyone reacts differently to the mirena and you can get pregnant 5 days before getting your mirena removed if you don't use protection, but it could also be months before you are able to conceive a child. Everyone reacts differently, so heavy bleeding or no period at all could be normal either way. The change of hormones when getting the IUD removed can greatly effect you body, depending on the person. Sometimes pregnancy tests take many weeks to show a positive result, but all there is to do is wait it out and try not to stress too much. If you are ttc, you may want to start taking prenatal vitamins just in case! Wish us luck on trying to conceive! Hopefully it happens soon, and good luck to everyone else! =)
Please help! I had my IUD removed on june 16th and I still haven't had my period! I have taken several test and they all are negative! I had the IUD in for three years and I really didn't have a period spotting here and there. Before I got it my period was a 28 day cycle, and always on time!
I had my Mirena out on 7/26 (2 days after my period ended) and began my first very heavy period on 7/28. We are also ttc. I bought the ovulation test kit. It was negative on 7/27 but positive on 7/28! I am soooo confused. My doctor told me the same things as Girly1234. I wish I was like all of you who stopped having a period on Mirena but I wasn't that lucky. Maybe I can get lucky with the pregnancy! Good luck to everyone!
Viewing 201-400 comments: