how soon does period resume after iud removal
how long does it take for period to return
You need to wait to take a HPT because the hormone that detects pregnancy would not be detactable before then.
I had my IUD taken out in Aug, started a period and cycles have been regular.  Ovulation kit shows I'm ovulating on day 15.  Totally thought I was pregnant last month, but got my period on day 29.  The symptoms I had were similar to implantation cramping about six days before expected period.  Then I started to get nausious and bloated.  Since then I have continued to cramp even after my period is over.  Don't know why?  I think I was either pregnant and it just didn't take or I developed these symptoms because of wanting to get pregnant.  (Very common).  

Just ovulated again and will wait and see, but cramping continues.  I am concerned that I have some kind of pelvic/uterine issue.  I have a ?hysterosalpingogram? scheduled for after my next period (if it should come).  It is a dye that is injected to check the uteris and tubes via a ultrasound.  I hope it can help solve the unexplained cramping.  

I have three children, with no prior pregnancy issues, other than a miscarriage.  I am 37 though and that could play into fertility issues.  We'll see what happens.  Please let me know if anyone else has had unexplained cramping.

Thanks,  
I got my IUD removed on July 5 of this year- thank goodness. I had no bleeding or symptoms until my first period August 11th. I then had another period on Sept. 5, and another on September 26th (which lasted only two days.) I never had a period with the Mirena, and now have NO idea when to expect a period or not. It's very strange.
I am 25 I have 2 children 6 and almost 3 I had my IUD in since Dec of 2004 I just had it taken out on Oct1 and started trying the same day.(I had just got off my period on Sept 30th) I was showing to Ovulate by the 6th. I started spotting dark brown. Not all day but a few times a day on Oct 8th. and today a little red and then it went away after about an hour. Could this mean I am already PG? I know an HPT wont show up until around the 23rd. I feel like I am pregnate. sleepy,get a little light headed, need cake,soup etc. breats a little sore, lower back pain off and on.

Thanks for your comments
i am the exact same way...i had mine removed on 10/04 and i also got off my AF around the 28...i started ttc asap on the 4th....i havent had any bleeding but the other early symptoms are there....i plan on takin an HPT on the 20 so who knows.....
I am 27, my babies are 4 and 6.  I had Mirena put in in Feb 2005 and had every side effect imaginable (weight gain, acne, cramps, sore lumps in breasts, headaches, etc.)  About one year into having Mirena, my periods stopped all together.  Finally I could not handle the side effects anymore, so on Oct 4 2007 I had it removed.  The day after, I started a light period that lasted for 4 days.  Nothing since then.  If my body was going to return to a 28 day cycle, I should have started 4 days ago.  I have taken 3 over the counter tests.  The first one had a VERY light positive result, the other two were both imediately negative.  I have been sick in the mornings (very reluctant to call "morning sickness") for the past week, then fine during the day.  Anyone else have these problems?
I had no spotting today. :-) I still feel the same so iguess I will post back on or around the 23rd
Just an updated on my symptoms.  Wish I could understand what's going on.  I have gone through four cycles since my IUD was taken out.  Ovulation and periods normal...29 days apart and ovulating on the 15th.  The only issue is after my second period I began to cramping in my lower back and abdomen.  Feeling bloated at times and the aches come and go, but are mostly there From period start to next period. It's like I'm having a period non stop and occasionally just feeling pregnant, but am definitely not.   Finally had an ultrasound and it showed a 2cm cyst in my ovary.  No real symptoms on that side...??   Have tried to conceive three times now with only two being within the optimal timing.  After this period that I just got,  I will wait seven days and they will put dye into my Uteris and tubes and check everything on day seven.  Shouldn't interfere with next cycle. Hoping this will uncover the mystery of my symptoms.  I hope to shed light on how IUDs can affect you and me.  I will be intouch.  Please let me know if anyone has had problems getting pregnant and or symptoms similar to mine.  Thanks!
I am having similar symptoms to some of you!  I had IUD put in July 07.... hated it... bleeding non stop... what is the point of it if im always bleeding... then husband and i decided to ttc,  Had IUD removed Sept 7.... had bleeding right after for like 5 ish days... and now im due and nothing... hpt negative but im anxousely awaiting it.  I want to ttc asap and I feel like I need to have my PD first to get my self back on sched.  After reading some of your postings it could possible to be PG... I just dont know how long I should wait bfr contacting my DR.  
well.....i couldnt take the wait anymore so i took a HPT 2 days before AF......AND......i got a BFP!!! im so happy good luck to everyone else!!!!
My prior posting said I had IUD removed on Oct 4, but I meant Sept 4.  Finally called Dr.  She told me to wait until 8 weeks after last bleeding, then call.  I'll be calling her one week from today, if something doesn't happen soon.  Test still says Negative.
I had my Mirena for 1yr and have had it take out now for 6mo. I've read the "tips on getting pregnant" web pages and taken the Ov. test -they tested positive- but still no baby!! My husband and I have a 2yr old and want to make him a lil brother or sister. I am really regretting ever using the Mirena, everyone else seems to be making babies right away and we still have had no luck, its making me more sad I'm not sure we will ever have another....Any advice from anyone????
Started today....I guess test were right, I'm not PG
CONGRATS to you and your family!!!!

I started spotting brown today it should be my period but its not red.... Hopefully I can test soon and get a Positive result and we chat chat the whole 9 mths together! lol
thank you so.....much! i finally went today for proof so all i need now is my 1st visit.....the only problem is i dont know who to go to because im new to my town and i didn't want to just pick someone random....but i guess thats what its come down to...but again THANKS!!!
I had my IUD removed on 10/8/07 and bled a few days later for only a few days slightly.  Doubt it was a period but unsure of my cycle and ovulation schedule since I haven't had a period in 2.5 yrs while on Mirena.  Past two weeks I have been so bloated and feel "thick" around my wasitline.  I always fluctuate a few pounds and have not gained any more than that so I am confused about why my clothes are so tight!!!  I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were NG.  Thoughts????
    IZZY 82 ,

I am 25 and have a seven and four year old boys. I had the Mirena placed in 2003, having it for four years now. Me and my Husband want to have another babie a girl now!!!! So I just had it removed on October 30,2007 and on Oct.31,07 started bleeding with blood clots,its been about three days now and still going.I wonder the same could it be from the removal or my period??? I also was told to wait for two months but it seems so long since it takes me two to two in half years to become pregnant with both my sons. That is because I only have one fallopien tube and one overy, I was born special I was told by my sergion when i had a c-sections. I hoping I will come out pregnat sooner than two years!!!! I dont belive I would do a IUD agian because I never really had a period, I would spot onece in a while . I would rather have my periods because of weight gain and ance that wont go away ever since the IUD!!!!  Well I hope the best comes out for all you Women out there GOD BLESS!!!!
I had my copper IUD in for 8 years and got it removed October 20th. My fiance' and I want to have a child asap as I feel that I am 39 its now or never. I always had regular periods the lasted 6-7 days during the time my IUD was in me. We had regular intercourse about a week after (during my ovulation) and onward until Nov 7th when I got my period. What is strange is that my period only lasted 4 days and was moderate to light flow. It ended quite abruptly so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have been feeling nauseaus and dizzy at times with insane cravings for carbs. No sore breasts though (not regularly anyway, some slight soreness but irregular), some weight gain but that could be due to giving into those carb cravings. I have never had problems getting pregnant but its been 12 years since my last pregnancy sooooooo................... I hope I am pregnant but will keep trying if I am not! By the way very good information in this forum thanks!
I just had my IUD removed 4 days ago. The night before the removal, my husband and I had sex.  Could it be possible that I could have gotten pregnant from having sex the night BEFORE the removal?  I have had no signs of a period... not even spotting from the removal. Oh... and I also concieved both of my children while on birth control. Thanks.
I had My Copper IUD removed last week on Monday November 5th, I had it in for 3 1/2 years I was supposed to get my period Monday the 12th I started spotting today Wednesday November 14th but it is a brownish color has anyone had this experience and if so does the period continue or does it stop after a few days?