how soon trying to get pregnant after miscarriage
I've read in my prgenancy books and on forums and I've been told by doctors to wait 1 to 3 cycles before trying to get pregnant again after having had a miscarriage recently. But there doesn't seem to be any research to back this up...no one can tell me if there's a medical risk if I get pregnant sooner. Does anyone know? I am 36 years old and had a m/c on my first pregnancy last month and I'm eager to try again. If it's for emotional reasons that people say to wait, well getting pregnant again will make me feel better as that was my goal, but I don't want to have an increased risk of another m/c by getting pregnant too soon. But time is an issue b/c I am 36 and just starting to have children now. I know this all may be pointless if I don't ovulate again soon, but hoping thinsg get back to normal soon. I had a natural m/c and my hcg levels are almost back to normal or zero. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm so glad I found this forum and to know that I'm not alone. I just had a D&C 2 days ago after being about 6 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant while on the Nuvaring, and even though it wasn't planned, my boyfriend who lives 2000 miles away from me and I were very happy. Only 6 days after finding out I went for an Ultrasound and no fetus was visible. The doctor first suspected a molar pregnancy but then said it was unlikely since my HCG levels weren't high enough. She recommended an immediate D&C. My boyfriend immediately flew up to be with me, but it was still heartwrenching. I'm now waiting for the results from the pathology report. The worst thing is that I feel like I'm all alone since nobody else but my b/f and best friend knew about this pregnancy since I'm not married yet. My family who lives in Europe have no idea of what I'm going through and neither does my 9-year old son from my first marriage. It's really hard to suppress the tears when you feel like the pain is eating you up from inside.... now I understand what it's like and this will have changed my life forever. My boyfriend says we will try again, but it will take me a long time to heal from this...
Well i tryed to find why i miss carry twice but doctor doesnt tell me why yet.:(she only tells me wait for three cycles to trh again n of i miscarry again theyll do more testing to find whats goin on.:(
hi all

congrats to all those pregnant and so sorry to hear of all of losses. im so pleased i came across this forum, knowning im not alone.this is helping me come to terms wif me 1st mc..just thought i would share my experience .

i had implanon removed on 15th feb 11, as me and partner decided to have another child as we already have a 7yr old, i found out i was pregnant on 28th april so conceived very quick after having it removed (been using implanon 7yrs) i started to feel sick had very sore boobs, slight cramps and lower back pain, i was told this was just my body preparing for pregnancy.

then on 3rd may 2011 i was 6wks pregnant. i went to loo and when i wiped there was some slight blood (sorry tmi) i called my GP and he told me over the phone i was having a miscarriage and i was to wait 2 days and do another hpt and call him back with the results.

i wasnt happy with this response so went to A&E department. Where i was made to wait 3hrs in the waiting room even though i told them i was pregnant and bleeding. after 3 hrs i was taken to room and made to wait a further 2hrs before being seen. by this time i was bleeding rather heavy and when i went to loo  a huge clot  just came away from me.i knew then i had m/c. whilst at A&E i had a scrape and had apt for scan 2 days later. i was an emotionally wreck couldnt think straight cried all time.

When i went for scan they confirmed what i knew there was no baby i had had a complete natural m/c, also they did preg test and it was neg.

its only been 5days since m/c and i only bled for 3days is this normal??? im still struggling with loss but feel i want to try straight away..when would we be able try???

sorry bout the long post i just feel its helping me putting it into words..any advise would be great..kirsty xx
This site is so great! It has calmed my nerves so much!
So here is my story. My name is Kacey and im 19 and happily married my high school sweet heart who is in the AirForce. We decided to start trying for a baby this past january. I wanted this sooo bad!! So on April 16th i got the feeling to take a pregnancy test, so i took at HPT. It came back postive! I was absolutely over the moon! I went the nxt day to my doctor and they confirmed it with a blood test. Me and my husband were so excited that we went that same day and put a baby bed and dresser in law a way. Then on the 26th i went to the ER bc of light bleeding. They done 3 ultrasounds and couldn't find a baby. They tld me go back to my doc in 48 hrs and get my levels checked again to see if they are goin up. I did, and they had only went from 114 to 140. So they said it was no viable pregnancy. :( I was devastated!!! Words cant describe how i felt. So they told me to go to my OB visit that following monday 5/2. That same day i had heavy heavy bleeding and lots of clots and alot of lower back pain and cramps. I bleed for 7 days and that was it. It happened very easily. I had to continue to go and get my levels checked to make sure they were goin down. This past monday i went and they are in the negatives so im back to normal. My OB told me to wait 2 months before trying again, but i want to start trying now. I think it will be fine for us to bc i was only about 4 or 5 wks in my pregnancy when i miscarried and it all passed so easily and my levels went back to normal very quickly. So me and my husband have decided to start trying before the 2 months. I am hoping it will happen soon and end with a healthy baby! God bless you all!
UNFORNANTLY.. I HAD A MISCARRIAGE ON APRIL 29 2011 I WAS 9WKS 5 DAYS I WAS SO DEVASTATED IM 37YRS OF AGE I HAVE A DAUGHTER SHE IS 22 IHAD THE D&C DONE THE SAME DAY IM MARRIED HOW LONG DO IT TAKE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN WE DONT WANT TO WAITE I ONLY BLEED 3TO 5DAYS WE HAVE BEEN HAVEIN UNPROTECTED SEX JUST THE THOUGHT OF I WAS PREGNANT WITH A HUMAN IS HEARTBREAKIN I MOURN ALL THREW THE DAY PLZ GIVE ME SOME ADVICE MAY GOD BLESS
Hello
I was 14 weeks pregnant and had a miscarriage this past sunday. I have been really depressed. I have been trying to avoid talking about it as much as possible, because everytime I do I end up crying. I go through a temp agency for work and today I found out that one of the ladies I work with is spreading a rumor that I had an abortion. I don't agree with abortion I think it is wrong. My bf and I both really wanted this baby and it is killing us both. It wasnt a planned pregnancy but once we found out we were extremely excited. It hurts to know that not only did I just lose the child I had been carrying but now I someone I thought was a friend saying I killed my child.
I am so sorry for the ladies that lost their babies because I was one that lost mines. I have been reading up on miscarriages and how soon to try again. Some of the website say that you can get pregnant without even having a cycle. In my heart, knowing God you have to try to look at it from a positive standpoint. We have to also make sure we are ready mentally to try so soon and have another baby because we will never be able to replace the one that was lost. I cried and I was so angry because I have two kids that are not my husband but I know that when God see that it is the right time that it will happen and it will be a beautiful baby. I encourage all the women because sometimes the men doesn't really understand what we are feeling because we are carrying the baby. Be strong.
This is a very good site and has been very helpful to me, I am lost. I have had to abortions and one miscarriage after a nite out at a dance. I exoperienced cramping for weeks w/o seeking doc's assistance and started e bleeding a few weeks after. The doc proceeded in enducing the miscarriage my tablets and anti biotics after two monts I tried again nd this is the 5th month I've come up unsuccessful. Wat should I do? Can I get pregnant agaun? Have I become infertile?
I just had a miscarraige and am still bleeding. We found out we were pregnant on April 1st. Went to the doctor and confirmed with a blood test. This was my second pregnancy; we have a 3 year old little girl. We were planning to have another and were so excited to find out we were expecting again. I went for an early ultrasound at 7 weeks, 3 days but the baby was only measuring 5 weeks, 5 days. They thought maybe I ovulated late or that it took longer to implant so it could have thrown the dates off. The main concern besides the size was that the heartbeat was slow, but there was a heartbeat. I was told to come back in 2 weeks. I was a nervous wreck the entire time and the day leading up to our appt. I was still experiencing pregnancy symptoms. The second scan showed no heartbeat. We were absolutely devastated. My body didn't recognize there was anything wrong for several days. I asked my doctor for a second opinion, just to be sure before I do a D&C, so 2 days later I went to a different facility for a confirmation. Same thing, no heartbeat and now measuring 3 weeks behind. After the appt. I started light bleeding, but it was a brownish color rather than red. I experienced that for 3 days until last night when it turned to red. It's been very light and comes and goes. I've had mild cramping, but nothing like I was expecting. I spoke to my doctor's office today and now am scheduled for a D&C on Friday.

I'm a little nervous about the D&C because I don't like being put to sleep, but I also just want to get this over with. I've read online that the scraping can make it more difficult to get pregnant because it can leave scars on your uterus, but then I've also heard you're more fertile after  D&C. My doctor told me to wait two cycles to conceive again, but I'm trying to decide if it's okay to only wait for one cycle and then try. We really want to be pregnant again and also I put a lot of money in to a medical flexible spending account because my insurance has changed a lot and it costs a lot more now. I'm worried about putting myself in a tight time crunch because you lose the money if you have a year to use it and I've already wasted some of that time with my pregnancy that failed.

Any advice on getting pregnant again? I don't want to get pregnant too soon and end up with problems again. I want a healthy, viable pregnancy but don't want to wait too long. I hate not listening to my doctor, but I wonder how important it is to wait 2 cycles? I've also read to wait 3 cycles. Thanks!
I never knew I was pregnant at the start of the year (2011) I was on the pill, I was 10 days late for my period, I took a test, it came back faint positive (15th jan 2011). I took another 3 days later it was brighter than the controll line (18th Jan 2011) I then went to the doctors and got folic acid and then set a date to contact my midwife around the (21st Jan) I had horrable cramping in my left side and it went right down my leg when I was walking so I rang my midwife straight back and the woman at the desk said 'we don't have the booking book here can I take your name and we will get the midwife to contact you within the next 48 hours' around the 27th I rang the midwife straight back up and said I am in agony with my left side I think theres something wrong she said 'no don't worry its probably just a cyst or your uterus streatching or something' I was like fair enough, I then stood up and couldn't actually put pressure down on my left leg the pain was unreal. I rang straight back up and said the pain is getting worse she said 'I will get in contact with early pregnancy and try and push you in for an early scan' this was around 12pm she rang me straight back and said you have to go to hospital on the 31st of Jan for an early scan. I was like thats a few days away, anyway I waited it out. I still had all my pregnancy symptoms. I got there I got called a different name to who I actually am 'katy' (If i'm correct) and I went into the scanning room she scanned me abdominally she said she could see a gestational sack but nothing inside she said I may not be as far as I think I may have my dates wrong or it could be a miscarriage. She offered to do the internal scan, and i was like whats that? (my first pregnancy I'm 18) she pulled this long thing off from the machine and my eyes bulged out and I started to shake, she said don't worry only that little bit goes in. I said ok. She said go and take your bottom part off and put the gown on, in constant shock i took them off and i sai well how am I to put this on and she said open at the front (she was very rude and very nasty) anyways I had this internal scan there was a fetal pole and a yolk sac, I was measuring 5-6 weeks. The CRL was 3.2mm. She said this is not right for your dates. I was really worried. There was no h/b either :(
I got another scan reschedualed for 9 days after that last scan (9th Feb 2011), the baby then measured 3.7 but there was two things in my sac this time and i never got an answer to what that second thing was.
She gave me some Bad news she said I'm sorry the baby should be 12mm by now you are measuring too far behind and theres no h/b. I was devastated, they gave me miscarriage forms and booklets, I got home and the nurse rang me the next day and asked me what I want to do. I said I don't know, she said do you want another scan I said yes just to make sure. I went back on the 15th Feb and had another scan.
They then scanned me and said that the baby was only measuring 1.7mm I was so confused and didn't know what to think. The woman said it had died and shrivelled up inside of me. She called me 'Lauren' at this stage when she was clarifying It was  a MMC. I was so upset, I went upstairs to the nurse, I said I wanted it out of me (didn't like the thought of dead tissue inside me I wanted it at peace) I then went back the next day for a tablet to bring it on, then I had to go back in two days to get the pecaries to contract my cervix (18th Feb) Nothing happened from 9 am friday morning til 6pm at night except horrific cramps.
I thought considering the nurse said i wouldn't feel it I must be a wimp but was I really that wimp or was it them making a BIG mistake?
I am still sat wondering to this day. I gave birth at home to a fetus that I held in my left hand (Sat 19th Feb), he/she was so perfect, she had little eyes, ears and limbs! I am so confused. Then later that day I gave birth to what they said I would loose, and that I wouldnt notice it, and I didn't it was laid on my pad when i went to the loo at 7pm that same saturday. It was small hard (not a blood clot) it was the equivalent to a 6 week old fetus.
I rang the nurse and demanded answers, I went in about a week later. I spoke to a different doctor to whom I was supposed to speak to. I said how on earth could my baby come out looking human with features if it was 3.7mm, she looked at me as if i wasn't right in the head and said 3.7mm? I said yeah 3.7mm on the 9th of this month I got told it was 3.7mmbut what i lost was about 8-9cm a proper little baby. She said it doesn't say anything bout 3.7mm in here it says 6.3mm. I looked at the book and she was right it did, so I took my hospital book off her and salvaged through it desperately, I finally found the ultrasound photo stating 3.7mm and said there thats where I got 3.7mm from, I got told wrong, there was a scan photo there saying 6.3mm on it and i knew nothing about it all those days of thinking. I said even if it was 6.3mm it doesn't make a difference to this mini baby i was cradling in my left hand. she never answered me she said the hormone tablets make the baby sometimes grow. i was like what to grow and get features yeah right. she then asked if i wanted a counsellor i was like hell no i just want answers because i feel like ive aborted my baby what was healthy for your balls up. she gave me a leaflet called PALS she said to write a letter of complaint in but i never did because it was like fighting an endless battle.

still to this day I don't have a clue what went on and i still think of it all the time.

RIP to my angel baby, and all the other angel babies that slipped away too soon
just wondering can anyone shed light on my story or has anyone experienced simaler?? was 5 weeks pregnant yesterday,yesterday when i went to the loo i found i had a rusty brown discharge i thought maybe this is just spotting, when i went to toilet an hour later as i wiped myself there was very small amount of bright red blood, so went into a&e, took me up to early pregnancy unit, they asked me had i passed any clots or heavy bleeding and i said no, they asked me had i any pain and i said no not at all not even a little cramp,  so they did and internal scan and told me that my whome was completly empty, they took my bloods to check levels and told me i had either had a m/c or it was an eptopic pregnancy, they sent me home and told me to ring  today to see what my levels are,when i got home i went to toilet and passed a tiny little blob about inch in length, im figuring this was the sac. still was only spotting nowhere near even like a period but spoke to different doc, she told me my levels were only 102 which suggests that baby is gone, but she was very concerned that i have had no pain at all , and  bleeding very little so have to go back in the morning to have bloods done again and another scan, just finding it very hard to come to terms with things as dont feel like i have had a m/c as not having syptoms, bleeding now but still only very light if that makes sense.
Hi you!!!  It's been such a long time since I last posted anything and I wanted to check in on you to see how you're doing.  :)  How have you been?  How's your little girl doing?  You may have already had her by now!!!!  

I have about 5 weeks left to go here. Time has flown by so quickly that it's simply amazing. DH and I are both getting so excited, but nervous also.  It's going to be such a life-changing experience and adventure!  Everyone at my work is so weirded out that I'm working up until my water breaks...lol.  I'm trying to maximize the amount of time I have with the baby afterward, so this is the smartest decision, but boy does it make me tired!!!

We have the nursery almost completed.  DH is still trying to complete some last minute projects in there with the closet and today we're hanging the blinds and curtains and finally putting the crib together, as it's been sitting in the living room for weeks now.  :)

I hope that this finds you doing well!!! :)  we should both be new Mommys soon (if you aren't already!!!)  Take care of yourself and keep in touch!

Love,
Theresa
Jellybean was what my husband and I called our baby before I miscarried at six weeks. We were so excited and we were so upset when it happened. It's been almost three months since it happened and we have been trying again but I just had my period so no luck yet. I go to the doctor tomorrow, maybe she can tell me what I can do. I went to a nurse practitioner before and she treated me horribly because I was pregnant before we got married. I was devastated, and it still hurts. It makes me feel so empty.
I feel robbed. Its not only me who was willing to see the little one born & healthy but all my family &friends. We had names picked, a rota planned everyting.........and now its gone. 1 week away from my ultra sound ........ sounds crazy but i new it had gone a week or so earlier. I told my boyfriend something wasnnt right &obviously he thought i was being my usual hyocondriact self as did my mum.... but they say you know as a mother...... the pain is raw & the guilt is heavy ...... the what ifs and what could have bee's are in every thught. At 1am there is the baby ... the heart beat a little small but live &kiking the Dr said.... 8 hours later I had an internal check.....the neck of your womb is closed... this is a good sign...1 hours later....I am so sorry the baby has gone...at that very moment my dreams shattered my hopes stolen and for what....?? to be told your ony young and can try again??But I wanted that one.... drug addicts, rostitutes people that hte babies can have them why not me?!..... any way the bleeding lasted for what seemed an eternity & then it came slipped away down the toilet my precious little bubble the size of my palm. No one here undersands. I ave love and support but selfishly it didnt help. Now though the bleedigs stopped I have the bes boyfriend who i am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with and hoping for another miracle but praying this next 1 survives &is healthy. I am convinced i willl get pregnan straight away and dont know why?? Is this possible??..
Hi all
I had a d&c last week. I was 11 weeks with identical twins. Went for a routine us and there were no heartbeats. I am heart broken. My husband had to rush home from overseas as he is in the armed forces. It makes things worse that he has to go back day after tomorrow. Everything is doubly worse losing my two little angels. We were so excited about twins. It was my 1st pregnancy.
hi guys ...
i gt miscarrge recently after the perdiot i stared my family life again ,,,bt im very unhappy after the sex its bleeding for me max 2 weeks its bleeding again after all clear i started doing sex ..after d 2 days its bleeding agian..plz woud any one like 2 help me ,,or plz gve me an advice alrdy i hv 1 baby girl shez 3 years and nw im trying 4 another baby ,,,im 20 years old ,,i gt married in 15 years ...
I took just lost my identical twins. They were mono/mono and I found out I lost one of them at 15 weeks along and the other one still had a strong heartbeat and was doing fine. Then at 18 weeks we went in for an u/s and there was no heartbeat. I too am so heartbroken and want more than anything to be able to have a healthy pregnancy. I feel like it will never happen...
I hope you all don't mind me butting in.  I've never suffered a miscarriage, though I've seen thousands of them working as an ultrasound tech.  As wonderful as ultrasound can be, one of the negatives of it is that we are able to see our babies so early.  The majority of miscarriages occur in the first 3 months.  It is thought that those early miscarriages occur because of severe birth defects present in the fetus that you can't even see with ultrasound.  We are able to pick up heartbeats as early as 5-5 1/2 weeks, and there is nothing that will make a pregnancy more real to a woman as seeing and hearing her baby's heartbeat.  It is a wonderful bonding experience, but unfortunately does not guarantee that the baby is fine.  In fact, a woman can miscarry at any time in her pregnancy, though after the first trimester is past it is less likely.  Many people do not announce their pregnancies to family and friends before 12 weeks because of this, but these days, many of us see our babies before we have any real symptoms of pregnancy.  

It may not take away the pain and grief of losing the child you were so excitedly planning for, but from my experience, again, there is often something very wrong with the baby which may have resulted in a miserable existance had it somehow survived.  Also, what often happens that early is that no baby actually ever develops.  This results in all the symptoms of pregnancy, a positive pregnancy test, and a gestational sac visible with an early sonogram.  However, as time goes on, all that is ever seen is a sac.  I usually tell my patients that there never was a baby in this case.  In your head and in your heart, the mom has felt there was a baby, but I hope in time it helps just a bit to know that no baby was lost, no baby ever formed.  This is the drawback to finding out so early that you are pregnant.  I'm sure years ago women miscarried often without ever knowing they were pregnant--a heavier than normal period maybe, but not knowing you were pregnant spares you the grief of losing the hopes and dreams of a long desired pregnancy.  

To those who've suffered such a loss, there is no reason to believe you cannot get pregnant again.  Even if there are fertility issues, much can be done.  There is no reason to despair.  Losing one baby does not mean you are doomed to lose every baby.  Some women who miscarry around 16 weeks suffer from what they call an "incompetent cervix", where the weight of the developing fetus causes the cervix to open too soon.   The babies in that case are usually perfectly normal but once the cervix has opened, cannot be saved.  But there is much hope for women with that problem!  Your doctor can simply do what is called a cerclage, which means he or she will stitch your cervix shut until the baby is fullterm and you go into labor and then release the stitches to allow the baby to be born!  

There are so many reasons a miscarriage may occur and often you'll never know why.  Certainly it is important to take care of yourself during pregnancy, but you should not blame yourself if you didn't know you were pregnant and did things that are not healthy for the baby.  Of course if you are trying to get pregnant, or not doing anything to prevent pregnancy, then you should clean up  your act and not do anything dangerous to the developing person inside you.  But even if you have done nothing that might harm the fetus, things just happen.  It's actually more of a miracle than most people realize that everything falls into place to produce a normal fetus and a healthy pregnancy.  We tend to take it for granted, or I did until I started working in ultrasound, where I see 1-2 miscarriages a day on average.  All it takes is one abnormal egg, or one abnormal sperm out of the millions trying to make it to the egg, or one abnormal division of the cells, and you can have a catastrophic outcome.  Or an exposure to a virus you didn't even know you were exposed to, or a placenta that just happens to implant too low, or any of a million other things that can go wrong, and the pregnancy is doomed.  But honestly, more often that not, all the things that need to fall into place DO fall into place.  If they didn't, we wouldn't have human population growing by leaps and bounds, and it is not always people who take fantastic care of themselves who have normal pregnancies, believe me.  I've seen healthy babies come from women with no prenatal care and who have habits one would be sure would destroy their babies, and somehow the babies thrive.  That's not to say you should throw caution to the wind and drink and do drugs while you are pregnant!  You shouldn't do that to your own body, let alone a fetus!  But blaming yourself for a miscarriage does no one any good.  No one usually knows why it happened.  It just did.  The best thing to do is give your body and soul a little time to heal, get yourself in the healthiest condition possible, both physically and mentally, and let nature take its reproductive course.  Trying too hard usually prevents pregnancy anyway, so try to relax and let it happen.  No one was put on earth to have babies.  It's lovely if it happens when you want it to.  It's also lovely to adopt a child who can benefit from all the love you've been saving up.  Maybe that's what you were put on earth for.  
Hi this is my first time telling this to anyone other then my fam n friends i have had 4 m/c in the last 4 yrs but the last m/c was the worst of all it was 1 yr ago. i was in pain n my fiancee had lft to ny bcuz his mother was dying in the hospital i was with my 7yr old daughter in my home i knew something was wrong but i held it out there is more to the story all i know i aint going back to that hospital that checked me out first  the next day i went to work a couple of hours later i felt a burst of blood running down my legs i drove home got in the shower n the urge to push i saw it came out i was 10weeks i put the baby in a cup n went straight to the hospital so doctors could check wat went wrong i was in so much pain physically n emotionally i would not want anyone not even my worst enemy to go through it i swear i think about it till this day and ever since i have had an irregular period havnt got pregnant n gaining alot of weight it is horrible and now i want a baby more than ever i see them everywhere and all my friends are having babies except me and it hurts wen i get phone calls hearing there news i dont know wat to do we been trying ever since and nothing my doctor said i was ok but my stress is wat is killing me nut its been down for 3 months  
Hello.
My boyfriend and I conceived in July. I was 4.5 weeks along and we lost our baby on August 1st. We found out when we was only 3 weeks and 2 days. I am 19 with a 1.5 year old daughter. We was so excited to find out about having another baby. But on the 1st we ended up in the hospital because i was slightly bleeding. They gave me a pregnancy test and found out that my hcg levels already dropped and the test came back negative. We tested when we got home, it was slightly positive, but was defiantly fading. So we new it was for sure a m/c.The next morning i experienced A LOT of blood and terrible pains for 3-4 days after. I never had any signs of m/c until i started bleeding. We was both torn apart over our loss. But i stopped bleeding on the 6th, so only 5 days after our m/c, and plan on ttc again. Hoping that we are one of the lucky ones who conceive before my first menstrual cycle. Our first appointment since our m/c is tomorrow. So we're hoping to see that my hcg levels are below 5 so we are in the safe zone to try again. =)
Im sorry to hear all of the loses. But i want to say thank you to everyone who posts there experiences on here. It's giving me hope that my next pregnancy will go better. It's also helping me get over our loss.

*Baby dust to all*
<3
I had a miscarriage a week ago an I'm back to having sex without protection can I be pregnant again?
Hi You,

Wow it's been a long time. I am so sorry it's taken me this long to post....life and time just slipped by for me the last few months =). I sure hope all is going well for you and that you check back to read this =).

So.....you must be a mommy now for sure based on your last post! Congrats! I have been thinking of you and hoping your labor and delivery went well (as can considering labor, lol...painful but so worth it). Also, I hope your baby is healthy and you two are safe. A family of three now for you.......soooo exciting! Please update me when you can on how you and your little girl are and how labor and recovery is/was for you. I am hear to talk new mommy talk with you anytime...he he!

My little one is 9 weeks today if you can believe it!?! Avonlee....She was born June 29th at 7:45 in the evening. She was strong and healthy with a ton of hair! Still has all of her dark brown hair. She's just precious! You'll never guess too...she was 8 lbs 2 oz and 20.5 in long!!! I am a smaller gal so this was a shock to me...I thought I'd have a tiny baby, 6-7 lb range.... lol! But I am so glad she was the size she was as it still seems so small to me! Things are going really good for us. Feeling adjusted to life with our new baby and all. The 1st few weeks were really hard. I loved her so much but as a new parent and with a lack of sleep....it was a lot of work and overwhelming. At about 3-4 weeks it started to get easier and we started getting into a routine. After the 1st month I was like.... now this is starting to get fun. And now... it gets more and more fun every week! I love being a mommy and I am so in love with her! She is smiling at me and daddy often now and it is the best feeling in the world. We are adjusted now to traveling with a baby and I am used to taking her lots of places with me =). She's sleeping 5-6 hours through the night now! IT's great! Hope you guys are settling in too. How many weeks is your girl? About 5 weeks? Or by the time to ready this...probably older =). Labor went pretty good for me...it was longer than I would have liked but that's ok, dr. said that's normal with a 1st baby. I ended up getting the epidural at 13 hrs in...and that was a great choice for me personally. Ahh, relief! It took me an hour to push her our and no outside rips...yay. It was painful but an amazing experience just the same to see what you body does! I sure hope yours went fine! Avonlee went to the dr. for her 2 month shots this week...poor little thing. It's made her a little fussy the last couple days and I feel sorry for her. She's in the 89% for how long she is and 53% & 45% for weight and head circ. Glad she is growing good...actually it's too fast for me....she changes every week.

Well, enough about me anyhow...I am looking forward to whenever you are able to update on here to find out how you guys are doing. I will try to upload a pic on here of my little one! I am so happy for you and hope you are well and able to get rest when you can! Take care of yourself friend!

Love, Cambria
Hi, I am 19 years old & my boyfriend is 21. We have been trying 2 so I could get pregnant 4 a while till I got pregnant, I had conceived at the beginning of June. I had taken my 1st pregnancy test by the end of July. I was so excited but I actually didn't believe it since I tried 2 get pregnant 4 a year & I couldn't get pregnant till now, so I took 2 more other tests & they also came out positive. So then my boyfriend took me 2 the doctor and they took me another test & it was also positive, so with no doubt, I knew I was pregnant! It was the best feeling ever...my boyfriend was so excited also, and told his friends and family and celebrated that he was finally gonna be a dad. I was about to be 9 weeks by now.

Then it was time to tell my parents, I was sooo nervous, but I told them & they took the news well, my mom was nicer to me & made sure I ate well. 2 days after I had told my family, I noticed some dark brown spotting so I called the doctor & they told me that SOMETIMES that is normal but to be sure I should go 2 the E.R. I was so scared, I was crying & told my boyfriend then he took me to the E.R. I waited 4 long ours until one of the doctors called me in 2 make me & ultrasound. So then, the doctor made me an ultrasound & took a while, I turned to see the screen to check if I see something but the doctor turned the screen away from me so I won't see anything. Then he stopped & told me he had 2 do a vaginal ultrasound or something like that. So he did that, and took a while. When he was done, I asked him if he saw anything & he didn't answer me! I needed to know what was going on! I went back to the waiting room with my boyfriend & told him what he did & what happened. After a while, another doctor called me in & my boyfriend & told me that the fetus was there 6 weeks & 2 days along but they didn't find a heartbeat.....THE WORST NEWS I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE...& that meant I had my baby dead inside me 4 about 2 weeks.

They did a pap smear test & the doctor told me that it wasn't my fault or anything & that that happens to many women. But I was so sad I couldn't hold my tears. When we got out of the hospital my boyfriend was crying 2, it was the only time I had seen him this hurt & crying. We got 2 my house & before we went inside we were both crying, my mom opened the door & I told her. Me & my boyfriend couldn't stop crying.

About 3 days later, I woke up at 1AM with very bad abdominal pains. I thought I had 2 use the bathroom, but it wasn't that. After an hour later the pain got worse to I told my parents & my dad took me 2 the E.R. Right when I got there I felt chills, I felt weak with nausea & could't even walk, so they took me in in a wheel chair. After a few blood test they told me everything was ok with my blood. A little while later I felt like I needed 2 pee but I could walk 2 the bathroom because I had the I.V. & other things connected on me. So I just saw a trash can by me & peed there & then felt something come out of me! It was scary, I couldn't believe what I saw. It was a big clot the size of an egg all bloody & stuff.....Then, after they did some other tests, they released me. I had heavy bleeding since then.

Now its gonna be almost 2 weeks now since I had that terrible experience of a miscarriage & my bleeding has stopped. Me & my boyfriend have decided 2 try again so he actually has gone inside me twice. I don't know how long we have 2 wait 2 try again but we are so anxious 2 try 2 become parents. I have an appointment with my gynecologist on Friday & I'm going 2 ask him how long do I have 2 wait or what is gonna happen if my boyfriend already went inside me twice, what if something happened cause of those 2 times. Only time would tell! I just want 2 be a mommy & have my son or daughter in my arms someday!
im pretty sure i lost my baby at 8 weeks or so i too had no bleeding or cramps i never went in for a check up but i know that what came out of me was the baby now its been like about 8 weeiks past all that n now the doc ids saying im about 4-8 weeks pregant i dont know what to do could i have thought wrong n could the doc just have counted wrong on top of that i wasnt trying to pregant
it took me 3 years to get prego and that was after surger and them telling me i cant get prego and and i got prego in july and i lost my baby  labor day weekend   i went in the day before i lost the baby for my 7 weeks and 5 day check up and they saw a sac but no baby the nexy day i lost the baby  im waiting for af to come so we can try again  and last year i had a mc at 4 weeks i just cant do this again
OMG Hi!!!!!!  

I have been meaning to stop back on here and post and kept forgetting!  ugh--so sorry!  

I am SO happy for you and your husband!  Avonlee sounds just precious!!!  You have come so far and you definitely deserve her and all the blessings that she brings to your life!!!  

Sounds like your labor was eventful! Wow...that's a long labor!  I'm so glad that it went well though and that your little girl was healthy!!!  :)  

My little girl is a little over 8 weeks old today...named her Olivia Alessandra.  She is so beautiful and so precious!  She was born on July 24th at 1:18 pm weighing 7 lbs, 8.1 oz and 19 & 1/2" long!  She was perfectly healthy!!! My Dr allowed me the choice of an episiotomy as he thought that I might tear, so I took one...I felt all three of the cuts, but they didn't hurt since I had an epidural. (I ended up ripping all the stiches though and had to go back to the ER a week later though---that HURT!!!)  Ugh...always something!  

My labor was surprisingly easy!  I started getting contractions the day before and then they were on and off the whole day, starting at around 1 am.  I was cleaning the WHOLE day and doing laundry because I wanted to have things in order.  By that evening, the contractions were getting closer.  By 2:35 am, I felt (and heard!) my water break and so I woke my husband and went to take a shower.  By the time I got to the hospital, my contractions were already 5 minutes apart and I was 3 cm dilated.  I didn't get my epidural until I was 7 cm and I had no clue I was that far along because the contractions weren't that bad!  It only took me about 20 minutes of pushing and Olivia was here!!!  I think the Dr and the nurses were surprised that it went that quickly (I certainly was!).  

Olivia has been sleeping about 5-6 hrs a night for a while now, actually.  I feel bad letting her sleep that long though, so I generally try to wake her at least by 4 hrs.  She is such an easy baby--she only cries when she needs her diaper changed or when she's hungry.  :)  Her Daddy already wants another sibling...he's so in love with her and SO into the Daddy role!!!  It's so cute.  I just love being a Mommy...I love it so much that I'm not going back to work...I just can't stand to be away from her!  

I'm so glad that everything is going well with Avonlee!!!  Sounds like she is growing SO fast!!  I can't believe how fast Olivia has grown already...it's amazing how soon they chunk up and outgrow their clothes and diapers!!!  Olivia already weighs close to 10 lbs!!!  Her 2 month appt is in a few days, so we'll know more then.  :)  I am dreading it though because of the shots!!!  Poor little thing....I hope she does ok!  

I haven't left the house a whole lot, so I'm still a little nervous taking her places by myself...I know that sounds so silly, but I just am!  I am breastfeeding and I think that's where the fear stems from, as I don't like the nursing in public thing.  My husband just started working nights, so everyone's schedule is a little messed up right now and it makes it hard on Olivia too, I'm sure.  Sometimes I'm still up at 2 am because she just won't go to sleep!!  Ugh!  But, once my husband is back on days, I'm sure that it will get better.  

I'm so glad that I came on here to see if you'd posted!  I'm so happy for you and so glad that you've kept in touch!  Maybe sometime we can get on Facebook or something!  Keep in touch and take care of yourself and that precious little one of yours!!!!  xoxoxo  

Love,
Theresa
sorry for your loss but i lost mine at 9 weeks and there was nothing there when they did a dnc. how did they do a autopsy with it being the size of a grain of rice?
hi there all,

im new here and i was just seeking some adivce.

i to myself have experienced a misscarrage. i was almost 21 weeks pregnant when i went for my ultrasound to see what bubby was... only to get the sad devistating news that bubby's heart beat was not there and that bub had passed away.. i was due on the 11th of january 2012 but yea it all came to a slamming hault when i went to that u/s.
i had bub on the 03 of september this year and went through hell and back with what i went through... i had to go through giving birth to a still born child and then go through all the drama and heart break of organising a funeral for my beautiful little boy all of 2 weeks before my 19th birthday. it is so hard at the moment for me due to the fact that my mum has 3 weeks and 5 days until she has her little man.... being around pregnant ladies and other friends of mine that are pregnant is so hard. does the pain ever ease around them?

what do i do to try and get myself ready for a pregnancy that hopefully works out when we start trying again??

its been 2 months since i lost him and i was just wondering when it is best to try again?  what steps do i take to prepare my body for a pregnancy after a m/c???

please if any of you can help can you please email me at cow-girl-***@****
Hi everyone,

I have just experienced a miscarriage and like some of you have been saying, its so hard to describe.

We found out on the 13th November by a HPT that I was pregnant, I was so excited I was shaking and smiling and crying when I told my husband. I had pains the day before, no bleeding but really really bad cramping. I didnt think anything of it and had just been randomly taking the HPTs every now and then.

I went to the doctors on the Monday night to confirm everything with the UT and BT, both came back positive. I was somewhere between 3-4 weeks by the bloods. The HCG level was 159 and I wasnt told anything about it being low - the dr wasnt very helpful she just gave me the test results and I hd to ask if the pregnancy was confirmed, which she just said yes and that I needed to get another blood test later in the week. My husband and I were so happy, we really wanted this and the timing was great. The dr talked about what plan we had and seemed everything was normal, she said might be 2-3 weeks even, she also said a dating scan could be done about 9th Dec or so.

I had another BT on the Saturday, results came back on the Monday following and my dr called me in the morning saying they were lower and she was worried. I was in shock, i went numb. I went home from work and i booked an US. This showed nothing there, no sack nothing just a small cyst in my left ovary. I had researched online beforehand and knew that falling hcg was not good. I am thankful it wasnt an ectopic and also that it was so early as I have passed everything and no need for a curette or anything.

I am so sad, i really want to be a Mummy and I cant wait to share something (a precious life) so special with my husband. Its very comforting knowing that so many women have been through this heartache and then go on to have perfectly healthy children. I am preying with all my heart and soul that our next pregnancy sticks and that we have a healthy full term baby. Although DRs advise is to wait a bit, I already feel ready so soon, I know everything happens for a reason and sometimes you have to lose something to know just how much you can love.

I hope that next time I can share a happier story with you all - early Dec we hope for another little miracle, may your thoughts and prayers be with us.

Thanks ladies, love and hugs to all xxxxoooo
So we were on the implanon for 3 yrs & Aug 14 we got it removed. Oct 2 we conceived & Oct 15 the test came out positive. We made an appt that same week with the dr's office & they set us up for when we were 8wks along. We went in and had an u/s and everything was perfect 8wks & 4days along. MInd you I have had 2 successful pregnancies & never any problems.  Dec 9th we were 11wks & 5days along & woke up to some spotting. I called in & they told me to rest. Went to walmart that nite to grab lotion for my stomach because it had been itching to feel like I pee'd myself. Told my hubby lets go to the hospital. They told me my cervix was open & I was having a complete miscarriage. They wouldn't check with an u/s or check for a heartbeat or anything. They just sent me home. Dec 11th two days later I felt like my water broke & I just started bleeding & couldn't stop. I just kept crying & crying. After two hrs in the bathtube bleeding I called the hospital and they told to me come in. I went in & ended up having a D&C. They never told me when our baby died or anything. I miss being pregnant, I miss my baby. I swear I was feeling my baby the night before & all weekend but i know it was in my head. Now after almost 2 wks I want to try again. I am waiting til this Friday Dec 23 to go speak to the dr and find out how my body is doing before we even start ttc again & make sure the dr okays it first. I am so afraid that the dr will tell us to wait it out for 2 or 3 cycles but being my first m/c I am hoping he will say go for it. I am waiting some tests done but i know this won't happen unless we m/c another time or 2.
I am not sure where you foun your information about elevated risk of m/c after your first m/c but multiple studies have shown that you only have a 25% chance of m/c after your first m/c. This information was found on the American Pregnancy website. So your chance of having a second m/c after your first is NOT 50% it is important to read reputable research before stating facts and scarring people. It is imperative to research for yourself and take your doctor's advice on how long to wait before TTC. Forum boards are obviously not the right place to get the facts as anyone can just state what they've heard without being informed.
I had a m/c and ive been trying to get pregnant again. I have a 2 year old and i feel like im ready to have another one but we have been trying to get pregnant again but it seems like its not working. I m/c in april of 2011 and ive been waiting all this time to get pregnant again.
Hiya. I've been reading your conversation and blossoming friendship with laylalady and it's given me so much hope. I miscarried naturally January 30th exactly 1 wk today and I'm only just managing to smile again. It wasn't planned but we got very excited and planned everything. It wasn't until we lost our baby that we realised how much we wanted it. I found out when I was 8 wks and 4 days. I started with brown spotting and period pain for 3 days , light blood spotting on the 4th day and on the day of the miscarriage I was having mini contraction pains ( what I imagine them to be ) and bleeding got really heavy . I had the miscarriage whilst waiting at the gyny emergency ward to see someone. I rushed down there. Judging by my hcg levels on that Monday (870 ) I must of lost my baby weeks before.
1 week on and until now I couldn't even face looking forward ,I haven't got dressed for 5 days and can't face anyone but after reading your conversations about your blossoming pregnancy's instead of making it me feel upset or jealous that you have a baby and I don't it has helped in my healing process. I can see forward and see that you both went through what I've been through and you now have little girls.
I am going to wait for my first period and we are going to try again and hopefully get pregnant very soon.
I'm going to insist that they take regular blood counts very early on and that I have regular scans to check my progress. This will help my stress levels a lot.
Many thanks again to both of you.
You have really helped me !!!
Very happy for you both to have gorgeous little girls and hopefully I will join you.
If I have my own way I will have a baby by Christmas :)
Natalie
Xx
i also had the mirana and after 1 month of having it out i got pregnet, 12weeks i had a miscarry, im prety sure it was due to the mirana,,,it thins out the wall and there is nothing for the baby to hold on to,,,doctore never told me to wait, we will try again in a few months!
hey there just reading your story and  think we miscarriage  the same time as i has a miscarriage on the 31st of Jan this year. we want to try again now but Im two scared as i want to wait for my period to come as  i don't want to go thought it again. i am due for my next period but im late they say that it can take to to 8 weeks for the next period to some after a miscarriage i hope not for the 1st time in my live i want them to come. Im in New Zealand I did not fell that there was up care here When i phone my midwife and told her i was bleeding and in a lot of pain she told me to ride with it. 2 days later my partner took me to hospital there it was confirmed . 3 weeks later she phoned to see if i was ok and i need a check up. so i will not be using her again. my sister-in-law has 3 miscarriages an she has now got 2 lovely girls. My aunt has a miscarriage at 6 months and had to give birth to a still birth and she has 2 lovely kids. after knowing this it gives us hope. I really wish you the best on haven a baby
i do feel the topic of miscarriage is not talked about until it happens to you
i want to have a feeling off being pregnant again very soon
all the best    
vicky
First of all sorry for everyone losses, it get better with time. I also just had a m/c the 3rd of Jan. It was very hard because we went to the docs office the 28th of Dec and didnt here a heart beat so they told us to come back next week because I was 10 weeks and they were sure everything was fine and I was too because I already have a 18 month old. But the 3rd of Jan was a day I will not forget ever. It was very hard for me because I had to call and tell a few ppl that I wasnt prego anymore which sucked! Anyways I bled for 6 weeks total and on the fith week I had an ultra sound to make sure everything came out on its own which it did thankfully. I got my period four days after I stopped bleeding. which was nuts cuz I didnt think there could any more blood left in there since I bled that long!  I know it kinda sounds weird but I named my little one and it really helped with the healing process.I cryed everynight for a week after it happend,we were so excited that we were going to have another one and our daughter to be a big sister. I still cry every now and then and its hard when you see your prego friends but you still have to be happy for them. Having a m/c really gives you a different presecptive on life. I wouldnt wish a m/c on anyone because I know first hand how much they suck. I have 3 close friends that a prego right now and one is having her baby tommorow which is exciting. but I so badly wish it was me! but I am truely happy for her. I  waiting for my next period to ttc again so hopefully it will come when its supposed too! If it works out I might have a Christmas baby but I cant get my hopes up too high. fingers crossed tho...  (thanks for letting me vent) Its diffently hard some days.
hi my name is christy i miscarried 2 weeks ago tommorow i was 8 weeks i want to start trying again now do you think it is 2 soon to try ive heard your more fertile right after just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice
Hi i had my 3rd termination about 3 weeks ago and due to difficult circumstances i had to have this termination but am keen to have a child with my partner and i am really worried that i couls be damaged we also had sex 5 days after the termination i am very worried i may have problems getting pregnant i really need an answer or some kind of confort?
i had more or less similar experience
i got a positive test 12th March 2011
i went for an utra sound at 6wks 2days and the heartbeat was strong, everything looked great and i was given an appointment in 3wks for a follow up. however 2days later i started spotting, and it was light pink, and i only noticed it when i wiped, i was put on duphaston 10mg three times a day but there was no improvement, a week later i was put on bed rest progesterone injection 500mg weekly, and drugs to stop bleeding, but still there was no improvement whatsoever, the bleeding was not filling a pad but the color was dark red. so after that i resumed work as usual. on April 11th i saw clots, then my husband being a medical doctor examined me and informed me that my cervix was still closed so there was no cause to worry, but i decided to go and see a gynae anyway, on april 13th went for an ultra sound and CRL was measuring 12mm, 7wks 3days, yet i was supposed to be 8wks 4days then, no heartbeat could be detected and it was declared non viable.
on april 14th i was done for d&c so still waiting for my check up in two weeks time.
i constantly feel like i went wrong somewhere trying to retrace my steps and actions to figure out what could have caused the miscarriage. we had informed our families and everyone was excited for us, as this was our first pregnancy. i want to try again, and i am goin to give myself three months before i do. but this time, i will be extra cautious and i will pray that it sticks.

goodluck to all those who are trying
i know how you fell i have had 9 m/c myself my last one was at 115 day and the baby heart just stop i have one my he will be 16 in june im 38 all my friends keep letting me at lest you have your son ,im VERY greatfully but at the same time i want to know ,what i did that was SO BAD to couse me to loss 9 more babys my hubby dont want to try any more ,i really dont want to do that to him ,but for so reason i want one more than ever i dont think it will ever stop hurting i lost my baby oct 27 2010 and it still fells like it was yesterday ,sorry my spelling is not that greatest
sorry i did no mean that i was 115 days i ment that i was 11weeks and 5 day when i lost my last baby but i no how you fell
Hi i had a misscarriage at 12 weeks, and i just had a dnc about a a week and a half ago, im not bleeding or anything, me and my fiance have had unprotected sex a few times. Does a pregancy right after a d and c end badly? This was the hardest thing i have had to deal with, i wanted my baby so bad. i want to start trying right away, if i am not already pregnant agin, but im scared.
hi lovely ladies,

i had a missed misscarriage at 18weeks on march 22nd baby stopped growing at 14weeks.  It was heart breaking there are no words to explain my pain.  i have a 6 yrs old daughter she is light of my life.  I have already been ttc starting from two weeks after the tragedy but no luck this time i got my first period today.  will keep trying hope god will bless all of us with our lovely babies.  all the best to u..
I would have had him put in jail. That has got to be illegal just as much as it is immoral. I feel for you and I am truely sorry for your loss. I wish you the best of luck in where ever life takes you from here. "Keep your head up"
P.S. You should not feel guilty, and I hope you know he will be judged.
Girlfriend told me she miscarried at 9 weeks. And she said the hospital told her the baby had downs syndrome. Is this even possible?
sad news  indeed, but hey God is with you and he'll get you through it all. as for the dr-he will soon pay for what he did to you both. God is not a fool, he saw it and will not let him go unpunished. I am terribly sorry, love you and God's peace be with you always
My name is Ruth Morgan i live in Chicago. i got married 11 years ago. After my first issue,a baby girl after the two years of marraige,I was told by my doctor that i wont be able to give birth again but thank God i meant Prophet James through a friend who helped me with his herbs and roots and above all constant prayers. today i have another issue and my doctor confirmed to me that i can give birth again. All thanks to God and Prophet James. you can contact  him on his e-mail or phone ***@**** +2347035825346
i had misscarrige in Jan 10th it was my second miscarrige my first miscarrige was on sept 12th had DNC on sept 13th, got pregnant again on Dec and lost the secon one on Jan 10th, both the miscarrige was due to growth issue(no growth after 7 weeks), i had a series of tests blood tests to find out the issue but nothing could be found, we were told to wait for 6 months to start trying, but unfortunatly  we had sex but my hubby told he did not ejaculate inside but now i am 3 days past my periods am afrai if i got pregnant... is it possible as my hubby is sure he didn't com inside and we did 5 days past ovolution. plz give share some experiances... although i am prgnant i hope God would give me!!!!!