how to remove vaginal hair?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

how to remove vaginal hair?

i am 4 weeks pregnant. i have a doctor appointment with 3 weeks. i am just wondering how to remove vaginal hair. i have lot of black and strong hair in the outer side of vagina. it looks ugly. how to remove that before doctor's appointment?
Razor.  Just like your legs and armpits.
Avatar n tn
is it safe to use razor at this stage.
You mean while pg?  Yes, it is.
You could wax.
my thoughts exactly. go for the brazilian.
What if she's not Brazilian?
Avatar n tn
lol
Regular NAIR works but BURNS.. use the NAIR designed for bikini area.. it works really well. If you have thick hair, leave it on for a few extra minutes...
well i got one before & i'm not brazilian. they didn't even ask my nationality. i think she could still do it.
you have never groomed yourself before? i imagine if it didn't offend your dh, chances are it won't bother the dr one bit.
Avatar n tn
Yes, I'm curious too.  Why if you've never shaved before, are you considering it now just because you're pregnant and have a doctor's appointment?
Unless of course, he's one hot OB! :) Or SOB! :) Don't worry, in 8 months time, it'll be area of your body you'll need a mirror to see.
Avatar n tn
Not sure if it is safe during pregnancy, but I highly recommend laser hair removal if you can afford it.  It hurts while they're doing it, but the results are wonderful.  You can have as much or as little off as you like - anywhere.  As for right now, I'd just use a razor the morning of your appt.
Why bother?  Doctors have seen everything!!!!!
i would just trim it with some scissors or a trimmer.  i dont think that nair or neet would be a good idea because of the fumes its lets off but that is just me I have no idea.  I wouldnt use it
Avatar n tn
I had to go get a pap smear once when I was shaved and my dr actually scolded me saying that it wasn't exactly a good idea. That it can cause nicks and cuts and that I needed to be extremely careful.

Take Care
Now, i always thought that but apparently I live in conservative central,lol! Dh would tease me about the fact that I would no longer shave completely while pg, but rather keep things trimmed. Well, I said to heck with it and when I went in for my IUD removal I was shaved...much to my surprise and embrassment my OB gave me a really weird look! I was mortified!!!

So needless to say this time around, I am back to just keeping things trimmed, but not shaved. I would have to agree, far more women go "all natural" or at leats have for the last umpteen years than who have shaved. I wouldn't stress about it too much. If you feel you need to clean things up a bit invest in a good razor like a Venus, good shaving cream/gel, some noxema mini razors for the more delicate areas, and some bikini zone to help fight irritation.

Andi
Avatar n tn
As long as I can remember I have been "weird" about keeping my vaginal hair shaved. I like it to be nice and neat. Well when I was pregnant with my DS I think I kept it up for about 5 or 6 months. I was also scolded by my doctors for shaving there. They all told me that it's not healthy (because of the rick of infection from nics and such). But I continued until it got difficult to work around my big belly. That's when I decided that it wasn't worth it. I don't recommend starting now. Your doctors REALLY don't care. And also, when you are unable to keep it up the new hair growth will itch. That will be the last thing you will want to deal with when you are dealing with all of the other pregnancy issues. GL!!! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!!!!
Avatar n tn
Be very CAREFUL with scissors keep a comb between your most delicate area & the scissors. But I agree with the ladies, why start now... It will be impossible to keep up when you get a little bigger.
Avatar n tn
what i do is shave like regular and then use a mirror lie a standing mirrir that you like put on the bacck of your door...prop up against the wall lay on my back with a towel underneath of me and then shave..of cousre you still have to be careful cause its much better cause you can see everythiing you are doing. now the fact tht you are pregnant at that 4 months might not be a good idea but for future refereces..it works and its much easy and all the icky hair is gone lol...but for your doctorss appointment he seen just about everything..beleive me youll be fine.
Avatar n tn
I would be kinda scared to use nare in that area...
What i wonder is why you never worried about this before you got pregnate? I try to shave there but then i get scared and stop lol.
DO NOT USE STUFF WITH PERFUMES NEAR YOUR FLOWER! BADDDD! And I have been shaving with an electric shaver for years and never had an itch problem. I don't feel child-like at all. I feel very clean and accessable for whatever may come up ;) AWESOME!
I use a home IPL unit. It  works fantastic on my bikini area! NO stubble and i have not had any regrowth in 5 months! i first heard about IPL at the clinic when i went to have my legs done with laser, than i researched online and had it done at the clinic. It was great, no pain, and the hair falls out almost instantly. So i again went online and found http://vissbeauty.com  and purchased their home IPL unit. I have saved hundreds, and have used it all over my body. I love it! very happy, and very happy to share! ( even with my friends who are constantly asking to borrow it!)
Is NAIR safe to use on that area? It says not to use on vaginal/genital area.
DO NOT us any kind of depilatory that doesn't specifically say "for women's vaginal area." I did and suffered a pretty bad chemical burn that took me more than two weeks to get over with medication prescribed by my dr. Infact while you're pregnant don't use any kind of depilatory at all. And, I agree with the others, it is almost impossible to keep it up while you're pregnant. I wish I had never started shaving down there and I'm not pregnant. And it's true, OB/GYNs have seen it all and they really don't care.
DO NOT us any kind of depilatory that doesn't specifically say "for women's vaginal area." I did and suffered a pretty bad chemical burn that took me more than two weeks to get over with medication prescribed by my dr.
Just ask ur husban to remove hair with the help of scissors r raser!!!
Does Brazilian Really Remove The Hair For Good ?
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KeeLolo commented on Baseline blood work a...
pb95 commented on Baseline blood work a...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals