hystercetomy/uterus
I went to a ob/gyn for the 1 st time since having my last daughter 12 yrs ago. due to bleeding all month with a week break in the middle. it started being very heavy for the whole month with this dec 2013 taking a turn for the worse.. I t hought I was dying. turns out they were fibroids the size of fetus'. so they ran all the tests etc. but dr refuses surgery stating that I  have to much scar tissue. 4 surgeries & that he cant do it thru the vagina since I have nvr give birth that way. so he puts  me on birth control to stop bleeding. problem is I am still bleeding.  granted not huge clots just a reg period. I have been bleeding for over a yr. I wud like to stop & get my life back!! I mean mentally & marriage wise. shud I get a 2 nd opinion or ride this out w/ no possibility of ever "being" with my husband. dr says I shus wait for menopause. I rather have a hysterectomy!!!
In general, fibroids only need to be treated if they are causing symptoms. The primary treatment for patients with large or symptomatic fibroids is surgery. Hysterectomy (surgical removal of the entire uterus) is the most frequent operative technique used to treat this disorder.

Medicines can help control fibroid-related symptoms and not treat the fibroids.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.