hysterectomy or not?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

hysterectomy or not?

i recently had an ultrasound that revealed an enlarged uterus, 5 cycts on each ovary and also found that my bladder is prolapsed and my pap came back with moderate displaysia. i am 28 with 3 children and have had my tubes tied for 3 years. my doc has suggested a complete hysterectomy for the issues but everything i have read is like a horror story! can someone give me some good advice?
I had my hysterectomy at the age of 31. I was terrified to have it done but I have to say it is the best thing I think I could have done. I was having long painful periods, really bad mood swings lets just say I was extremely hard to live with. I feel like a new person ever since I had it done. Don't be scared because of what happened to one person. Ask lots of questions and make sure there are no other options for you. If you have had your tubes tied you don't want more children.  It really is not a bad thing. I heard lots of horror stories but just went ahead with it anyway I was tired of suffering. I can give you lots of advice but you need to discuss all of your concerns with your doctor. Tell me what about it scares you.
If you haven't already found a site called Hyster Home on ezboards try that, it helped me alot when i was facing the same decision
thanks for the comments. i am mostly scared because of the stories i have heard from women who have done it and had their ovaries taken. my doc. has not decided if i am going to keep mine or not. he says he is going to go in and see how they look, but i figure with all the cysts it would probably be better to go ahead and take them, but i am worried about the loss of hormones because i am so young. any comments on that?
if anyone has any good advice for me, or even a good story after a hysterectomy, i would love to hear it. i am getting more and more nervous.
carolineisscared added the Sleep Tracker
21 mins ago
alisa0714 commented on Vaginal Itching
alisa0714 commented on Chlamydia
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals