i don't want to have my period once.(how to avoid or delay my peri...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i don't want to have my period once.(how to avoid or delay my period?)

Hi, i'm getting married in 1 month time. my fiancee still studying and he live in UK while i live in Ireland.
So we are so looking forward for our honeymoon since its our first time doing it in our lifetime.
But my 1st day of last menstrual cycle was on 1november 06. we will have our 1st night on 26th december 06 which will be the next 1st day of my cycle!! we have arranged averything from flights ticket to hotel reservation, i really don't want to have my period during 5days of our honeymoon. what kind of pills should i take? and when is the suitable date for me to take it?
we have already discuss about contraceptive methods and agreed not o use any of them and plan to use condoms. but this is not about contraception and its juat about how to delay the period or turn it off just for once. please help me...i really want to enjoy my honeymoon holiday without having period& period pain...
Congrats on the soon to be Wedding!! As for stopping your period from coming.. I suggest you speak to your Gynocologist to find out if it is something you should be doing and if so, what to take.
Personally, I actually got mine the second day of Honeymoon and the only pill I took was Midol. He's supposed to take you in sickness and in health, in good times and in BAD. LOL I guess that would be one of the BAD times, but he'll get over it. SOme don't let it get in the way. Maybe this will be the case for you two? Good luck in whatever the two of you decide to do and have a GREAT Wedding and Honeymoon!
--J
there are ways to delay your period, But i think the only way is with some types of birth control. So youd have to see your dr about that. congrats and good luck! :)
Yes, i think the only way is the BCP. If that is not an option, you can always do it in the tub or shower!
Too funny.  That's what I do when Af visits!
That's what i did too ;)
birth control pills is the most accurate way to delay, but you have to take those at the right time in order to achieve the delay.  Just make sure that you go to the Dr. so he can prescribe the birth control pills and make sure yyou get the right dosage for you.
READ the INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOX.  MAKE SURE YOU START THE PILLS ON THE EXACT DATE yOU ARE SUPOSSED TO AND TAKE THEM AT THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY. DO NOT MISS A DOSE!!!!
Also remember that if you are going to take pills, you need to start them the month before on your period.