i get sick right before or during my period...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Over the past couple of years ive knowticed a pattern. I tend to get/feel really sick right before or during my period. My symptoms incude: lightheadedness, headache, running nose, coughing, abnormal pain, diaherria, feeling like im about to vomit.... and i also feel like im a little depressed. I usually get my period the last week of the month or the first week of the month. This time i got my period the second week of the month. On Friday... i was feeling really bad... my family and i went out to eat...and in the middle of my meal i had to run to the bathroom.... i got diaherria and started feelign a little pain in my stomach.... i didnt get my period offically until Saturday afternoon... on tuesday i thought i was done because there was no blood....however wednesday (today) i got serious pain at work... i ended up fighting through it but it destracted me from my work... i never got this type of pain...it felt like my stomach was attacking itself. i constantlly had to go to the bathroom (diaherria) and at one point i got heat flashes. At first i thought it was because i hadnt eaten that morning....(i get to work at 530am but im usually not hungry until 9am) when i took my break i forced myself to eat a biscuit, some eggs, and some meat.... but i didnt really feel any better until i drank some milk at work (this is unusual for me because i usually  never eat such a big meal for breakfast and i never drink milk) I felt a little better...i still felt a little pain and i was a little lightheaded... an hour or two after i got home i went straight to sleep... now the pain is back but not as painful and i have a headache...and im feeling a little light headed...i dont know if this has to do with my period or not but i dont understand why i feel this way... the doctor i went to months ago said it was because the season was changing..... but  i dont think he is right... i am 19 years old... i have asthma (i was basically born with it), i do have alergies (allergies), and i may be adhd (people have ask me if i am but ive never been tested... it does run in my biological father's side).
hansen20 commented on photo
3 mins ago
butterflybabies commented on photo
23 mins ago
mhv commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals