i had chlamydia, but my boyfriend tested negative???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

2 months ago i went to my gyno and got my ruitin check up and culture, the next day i get a call saying i tested positive for chlamydia, and got prescribed something to get rid of it. I told me boyfriend, who i have unprotected sex with on the daily bases, and he went to get tested, but he never got a call back which is a good sign. even though he didnt get a call back, the health clinic he went to gave him the exact same medicine to treat the chlamydia, we took the pills together at the exact same time. My question, is how the hell did i have it but he didnt?
Tags: Chlamydia
Not to be funny or anything but are you sure they didn't give him a call? Sometimes if it is in the earlly stages the lab want catch it. I had the same thing happen to me but it turns out that my dumba** ex was just cheating on me but he told me that the doc said his test came back neg but I never seen his test. Not saying that he is cheating on you ro anything but if you didn't have sex with nobody else than you got it from him. Or you could've gotten frm an ex and didn't know you had it but it still doesn't explain why he didn't have it. Did they test you for Gonorrhea? I only ask bc every time I go to the clinic they tell me that those 2 STD's run together you know if you have 1 its a good possibilty that you may have the other. I'm not saying you do but its better to confirm that you don't. You should get a full STD panel if you haven't already. Did you sit down and talk to your bf? If you have concerns you can always ask your doctor or a nurse.
Best of Luck to You!!!
Well Im pretty sure igot it from my bi*ch a$$ ex. My current boyfriend showed me paper work from all the times he was tested and had a culture and stuff. im not worried bout him lieing to me, i trust him when he says they didnt call him back. He has no need to lie about having it or not, because we already talked and he knws I had it when at the time i did, and everything between us was okay. either way we both took the medicine to get rid of chlamydia, im goin today to get tested again. I think maybe what happened was that it was in the early stage like you said and it wasnt showing up on him yet. Im told the medicine to get rid of chlamydia is for sure.  Thank you.
.hey ihave went too the doctoer and found out i had chlamydia and my partner didnt have it could that be possible and iknow ihavent slept with anyone else?