imagining pregnany symptoms?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

imagining pregnany symptoms?

i'm 19. i've been having sex on and off for the past few months. we always use a spermicidal condom but i cannot stop obsessing over the posibility of being pregnant. i've taken 5 different home pregnancy tests and all were negative and one at my school clinic (also negative). i have an extremely irregular period so i take provera every 3 months to force it. i took the pills and had my period last week...only to read that it is POSSIBLE to get your PERID WHEN you are PREGNANT! i can't sleep. all i do is worry and cry. i think i'm making myself sick and i don't eat, in hopes that my stomach will go down. i weigh about 100 pounds but my stomach has been extremely bloated and hard. could it be from stress? or could i be pregnant? i haven't had morning sickness, breat tenderness, serious nausea or any real significant symptoms. i often feel dizzy but it could be from not eating enough and from anxiety.

last week the condom came of inside of me...so i went to planned parenthood and took an emergency contraceptive pill. i've started having pain in my lower back. i think i've imagining side effects of that pill now, because i have a pain in my right leg...possible blood clot??

i have nobody to talk to. my parents cannot know. my boyfriend insists that i have an abortion if i am, in fact, pregnant. i don't know what to do.

i don't even know what i'm trying to ask or get across here. i guess, is it possible to experience and imagine pregnancy symptoms? what is the earliest that your stomach could begin to show physical changes?
HELP!
Avatar n tn

To me I think u need to sit down and relax! I think ur NOT pregnant and that all this not eating and everything could be bloating ur stomach. If uve been having a period even if u have to force it then ur prob not, I would believe the HPT in this case, and if ur still not convinced go the the gp and ask for a quantative blood test which will tell u if u are or not by looking at the level of hcg in ur blood (preg hormone)

Calm down and take things easy for a while, and dont let ur bf force u into anything u dont want to (i.e abortion) theres other options, u seem to be being as safe as pos and if the condom came off maybe try a different one
Avatar n tn
If you are sexually active and the fear of becoming pregnant is so overwhelming for you, why don't you go on some form of birth control?  That way you won't have these anxieties every time.  You can get them at your local Planned Parenthood or health clinic for little to no cost depending upon your situation.  It would also help to regulate your periods.

I have no comments on the whole BF thing other than to say, if this is not how you feel, you need to re-examine your relationship with this person.
Avatar n tn
Hello - it is very possible to make yourself sick thinking that you are pregnant. You can actually make the symptoms occur as of you were really pregnant.
When trying to conceive, try not to think about it at all. When you are trying NOT to become pregnant, use all precautions necessary, and protect yourself by all means possible. The mind is a powerful thing; if you make believe you are with-child, your mind will trick your body into thinking that is really is, and you will have those early prego symptoms. As with trying to conceive-- a lot of women think so much about it that it actually deters the pregnancy from happening for various reasons. Relax...if you wait until your missed period and then take a test, your question will be answered. It is that easy!  :).  Good luck.
yes it is a such thing as false pregnancy its called phantom pregnancy you in some cases gain weight get sick thnk you feel fluttering etc. but it may be because you want to be pregnant so bad you have the symptons even though your talk to a doctor and stress makes it worse and not to get personal but your boyfriend needs to be supportive ..god bless and good luck  
Risa615 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Des_a_rae, and Shannon79 commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals