infections and anal sex

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

infections and anal sex

My husband has been obsessing on having anal sex with me for a year. I finally let him a couple days ago. Now I have this clear, but very stinky (not at all like a yeast infection) discharge that I'm very worried about. I see that women can get infections from various bacteria, but this was like 2 days ago and I didn't think the symptoms would show up that fast.
[ although I also want to point out that I get a yeast infection from him everytime we have sex. another site said you can't get yeast infections from sex.  Is that true? ]
I'm terrified that it could be a tear in the vaginal wall that fecal matter is leaking through!!
Also I read that douching is a bad idea, so what should I do now? are there over the counter meds I could take like for yeast infections, but for other bacteria?
Are you going from anal to vaginal? That is a big no no. Yes you can get a yeast infection from sex, he got it from you and if he isn't getting treated for it he will keep giving it back to you, he needs to go to the doctor. Douching is bad, it forces bacteria further up into the vagina and it throws off the natural pH of your vagina. If you think you have something more than a yeast infection you should see your gyno. Your husband needs to understand that you are having issues with anal sex and he needs to lay off, if he cares about you he will stop pushing the issue.
I would seek help from your gyn. It's not normal ( IMP ) to get yeast infections everytime you have sex with him. That too me would mean that he is dirty down there. The only time when I get yeast infections and UTI, is from antiboitics or when me and my boyfriend have sex and I go striaght to bed afterwards and sperm stays inside of me.
Thats true too like GRose said. You cant have vaginal sex and then go right to anal sex or vice versa. Its not healthy and it brings bacteria. The yeast infection you probably had, but had sex with your husband anyways before getting treated and then you keep passing to each other. That happened with me and BF. But...if you have no signs of a yeast infection, then your husband is the one that needs to go to the doctor to get medicine to clear it up.
Like everyone said going from anal to vaginal is a BIG no, because of bacteria. You could have BV (bacterial vaginosis). This is very likely if you did go from anal to vaginal sex without cleaning first. One major symptom is a foul odor. The odor is usually fishy. You will need to get medicine from a doctor to treat this if it is what you have.
Hi sweetie,  you need to get the doc asap, you probably have a bacterial vaginal infx from the anal sex.  As others have told you it is a big NO NO to allow your husband to enter you vaginally after doing anal.  He should wash with soap and water thoroughly prior to entering you vaginally after anal play, same with fingers and toys.  It's dangerous for us girls and you must be careful.  I doubt you have any tears in your wall, though I understand why you think you might.  You would be a sick girl most likely if this occurred.  The discharge odor from bacterial vag infx is right awful.  It doesn't sound like anal sex was that great for you. At best it requires lots of lube and gentle treatmet.  But there is not any reason to do it just for his enjoyment, find something you both like.  Good luck.
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on pb95's status
42 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals