Women's Health Community
infrequent periods!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

infrequent periods!!

Hi Every One!

Right well was wondering if you think this is normal!!

I started my period when i was around 14 and for a year my periods were normal then they stopped for a year. I went to the doctors and she said it was fine. said it was Prob cuz i was skinny (tho i eat loads). Now im 20 and my periods are still infrequent. Theyre prob around every 3 months and can be either extremely heavy or extremely light (just a bit of brown stuff) yet i always get bad period pains/cramps even when im not on. Should i go back to the doctor or is it harmless!!  Would this affect having children when im older (def dont want any till im around 25)

thanks

Regards
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
have you considered a bc pill to help regulate them?
Blank
yeh i used them a few times ... but im terrible at taking tablets and forget them all the time. when i do use them the period does come on but as soon as i stop they soon get back to there irregular pattern. I dont mind not having a period cuz i cant stand them .. just wondering if its bad for you???
Blank
It also could be a sign of a thryroid disease.  I didn't have my periods for months at a time and was finally diagnosed with having hypothyroidism.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...