ingrown hair on my vulva? or something else?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I have this bump on my vulva that i thought was an ingrown hair bump becuase it hurt and thats it. So i did what i normally do and i popped it and tried to get the hair out but i never got it out. It went down in size some days later but still was there. Weeks go by and its big again and hurts again so i pop it again still not getting the hair out. So its been about 7 months now and i have popped it plenty of times and all it does is hurt and its hard. And of course still there. I have no other bumps anywhere just this one. Im starting to get worried becuase its been so long. Could this be a hair bump that just keeps coming back becuase i have never gotten the hair out?
I had something like that, but not for as long.  It was a kind of soft bump for a while and then became harder. It did turn out to be an ingrown hair but some hard yellowish stuff had formed around it.  I'm guessing with all the squeezing i did it got infected and then went hard cos it was there so long. I did eventually manage to pop it out, but it hurt like a mother!!  I think you just need to prepare to put yourself through incredible pain.  I guess it depends where it is but try to manipulate the skin in a different way to how you've been doing normally. It's obviously quite burried so if you can try get you thumb kinda under the bump, behind the spot- and with your index and middle finger on either side of the bump on top. Kinda push your thumb in so the bump sticks out more and apply pressure whilst jiggling your fingers on top. you can use your other hand too to apply pressure to diff areas.  You just need to find the right pressure point to pop spots/ingrowns- and they are not always where you expect them to be (right under or in the spot- they are often to the side somewhere).  You can also try using quite blunt tweezers to squeeze- but be careful cos it's easy to break skin and get no results.  
Of course there is always the chance this isn't an ingrown.  Maybe you should get a doc to check it out?
ps- get a good magnifying mirror to have a good look!
specialmom Little League Opening Day i... Comment
Shannon79, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
MamaBirdRhonda took care of injured and or... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals