ingrown vaginal hair

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

ingrown vaginal hair

i think i have an ingrown hair. it seems to have gotten swollen or inflamed.it is on the very bottom of my vaginal lip and it is pretty big.a couple days ago it popped and its been bleeding,and ever since its popped ive had alot of pain and it hurts when i walk.is there anything i can put on this or do you think i should see a doctor?
When it popped did a long hair come out with it?  If not, and it is truly and ingrown hair, then the hair is still in there and causing it to ooze.  You can try to fish it out or you'll have to see the doctor.  It won't heal right until you get the hair out.
Yikes, those suck. lol
Just let it heal, dab a little neosporine on it. Sometimes those ingrown hairs like to linger around for a few months and trap more hair while its healing, and starting the origional process all over again...
Sometimes you do have to take the tweezers and find the sucker, sometimes its inbedded in the skin and its like getting a splinter. It may be grose, but its better than dealing with a huge swollen pump.
If it's in an uncomfortable place, go to your gyno and she'll cut it off.
Good luck with that. :-)
Use a HOT compress, that will encourage it to drain and hopefuly the hair will come out with the drainage. And it alo helps to ease the pressure and pain associated with it. Also do like Jenni said and put Neosporin on it to keep the infection to a minimum. NAd like they both said, if the hair doesn't rear it's ugly head, you will be dealing with this for a long time. Also you can see a Dermatologist and they will take care of it toot sweet.
Good Luck--J
Hey, it sounds like it might be a bartolen(sp?) cyst, I had one a few years ago, you get them at the very bottom of your vaginal lips, like down towards your bottom. It is basically like a swollen lymph node. They get hard and round, almost like a pea. My sister had one that got infected and was so swollen, she couldn't walk. The doctor drained it and put her on antibiotics.  It is not permanent or anything, but they do reoccur. If it gets really bad, and doesn't go away within a week, I would definately go see a doctor!
hi i recently found a sore on my labia it was a button but not one like a pimple and apparently it burst. since then i have been secreting an increased amount of discharge. can anyone offer any advice. i am a young 22year old and don't have the older females input. please help!
Hi this is really for anyone that is saying to use heat, or such on any type of cyst. What your doing when you do, do this is yes helping it to come to a head, and hopefullly ending up with it draining on it's own.

The really IMPORTANT thing to remember is that when you do something like this is that your risking the spread of the infection to go through your entire body, and make you so physically ill one could die.

You will have to be placed on a very potent antiboitic to get rid of the systemic infection that you have now created, when all along you could have just kept it in the one place it was in by not applying heat.

not only am I a nurse of over 35+ years, but I had my mother have me do this, and she too was a nurse for over 30 years at the time, and I did almost die
from doing just this. The doctor was a friend of the family, and he just looked at us both like we were from another planet. we should have known better???

If you can see the hair just remove it, if this bothers you, let your doctor do it, or a friend. Just make sure to keep everything vey clean while doing this, and that hads are washed, and gloves worn.

i also am not one for putting anything on wounds, but letting them get to air as much as possible. if not just a dry dressing, and change it at least 3-4 times a day.