irritation and redness at corners of mouth wrinkles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm a 69 year old woman.  I wear full dentures and use Fixodent or Poligrip to hold my teeth in place.  The terrible problem I have is a red rash that keeps spreading down the creases from the corners of my mouth almost to my chin.  I have tried many different ointments even antibiotics but it only continues to get worse.  Could it be caused by the denture adhesives which tend to coat the inside of mouth with yuckiness and dryness?  When I smile, the red streaks are noticeable.  Is this a disease. or an allergy?  My doctor did not know what it was.  I've been told by pharmacists and doctors that it was a cold sore; a fungus infection, etc.  PLEASE HELP ME.