is duphaston safe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

is duphaston safe?

I'm in 6mos in marriage life, me and my husband wish to have a baby, but the problem is i have a irregular period, it only comes every third mos, as of now i don't have my period, last week i have my consultation with my OB-gyne, she  do me a pap smear and pregnancy test, at first the result in pregnancy test is negative but a few minutes or i think 5 mins. the serum show the positive line or sign but it was not that clear, so she prescribed a duphaston 10g she said it was help to make the baby in good if i am pregnant or it may brought me a period. on my curiousity i search about duphaston and i get a good and bad respond about the product, now i'm confused, what if i'm pregnant is the duphaston can affect the baby? because i have a trust on my OB i started already taking the duphaston, i'm now waiting for the result... but my OB prescribed me the duphaston for only one week.. is it really safe to take it or should i stop taking it? please help  me..