is it possible to regrow your endometrial lining after an ablation?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I had an endometrial ablation a little over a year ago but now have met a wonderful man that would love to have a baby with. Is it possible to regrow the lining of your uterus  enough to support pregnancy? I had been reading online that it is possible to help facilitate regrowth by taking prenatal vitamins and bromelain tablets and green tea extracts as well as low dose aspirin and eating estrogen enriched foods as well, so I started taking the prenatal vitamins, the bromelain and green tea extracts and eating flax seed pumpkin seed and other estrogen rich foods. Now after just two weeks I am having spotting and am experiencing cramping. I was puzzled by this because I have not had in between spotting or bleeding since well before I had the ablation, I had just finished my period the week before when I started taking the vitamins and other things, and I have not had cramping like this since before the ablation either. Also, I am spotting heavier than I normally spot and longer than I normally spot when I am having a "normal" cycle since the ablation. SO my question is, is this due to possible new growth or just a side affect of the things I am taking? and if i am having spotting in between cycles, will this affect my ovulation cycle, and are any of these treatments really known to increase the lining quality of the uterus?
Tags: Ablation, spotting, bromelain, lining
Hi there!

Though there may be a slight increase in the endometrial thickness following ablation, a viable pregnancy is unlikely. Nonetheless I would suggest consulting a gynaecologist to provide a precise opinion on the matter after a detailed evaluation.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
Spikums added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals