is it thrush?

hello, about 2 weeks ago i started to get thrush symtoms so i bought the pessary and cream as usual as i have had thrush about 5 times now (which i have come to now release is quit a lot as i am 24 years old). After 4 days the symptoms continued so i used another pessary. When the symptoms got worse(unusualy amount of swelling of the vulva that made it difficult to walk as well as the discharge and itching) after a week and a half i went to my local gum clinic. There i was tested for an STD as a couple of days before the symtoms started i had unprotected sex. The test came back negative and am now waiting for a herpes result which takes 2 weeks. The doctor told me there was nothing she could really do and prescribe tablets to take once a week for six months and hopefully i will start to see results after 3 months.

Please, please can u give any advice as i cant bear to have to live with this extreme thrush for 3 the next months?