is olivie oil good to use as a lubricant during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

hello.i had a total hysterectomy some years ago because of endometriosis and i gone through the hormone treatment for the alotted period of time and i don't know werthe its age or what but sex is very irrataing to me and i heard that olive oil was a good lubricant to use ,is this true? i am 69 yrs and i would like very much to enjoy pleasure without the pain and suffering afterward for three or four days,please help
I have no idea what the correct answer to this is, but I personally would not use olive oil.  Is there any reason you just don't use store bought lubricant, like KY?  

A/b you hysterectomy, can you still have an orgasm?  I know this might sound ridiculous, but I really don't know what the answer is.  
Olive oil will provide lubrication, however it is not water soluble and residue will become rancid and smell. K-Y jelly, available at any drug store without prescription,  is the appropriate product.
thank yous very much for your feed back, i was told that a doctor on tv said that it could be used and for a while i was getting orgasms when i was on hormones but when i was taken off of them i don't any more