it is okey to take birth control pills 2 weeks after your period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

girls....my period is always due at the 1st week of the month so..this month i got last nov 1 its been 4 days past i plan to take pills next week...just for a ready bcoz last week of this month my boyfriend will arrive from abroad so i want to be safe in case there something happen to us ..do you think it is still effective even i didnt start taking pills at the first day of my period?
no its not effective when when taken correctly till a month or later so you can very much get pregnant

and if you do decide to take bc pills 2 weeks after you are supposed to. your likely to cause your "period" to come early, miss it, or have it come really late. but

since you dont want to be on your period when he comes home....and you dont know birth control takes a month or more to work.......dont have sex or use condoms
thanks ms.kim but my boyfriend really hate condom :(...