itching down below jus wont go!
My 'down below 'regions, front and back ( if ya get me!) are sooooo sooo itchy its unbelievable. covered in a red rash, stinging, sore, all the time. tis causing me to have time off work n everything. i have tried piles cream, thread worm tablets, thrush creams n pessiaries, hydrocortizone ointment n now some emollient cream but nothing is working n the rash is now spreading down my leg.
what is going on?!!! i hate it cuz i cant do anything with out being in agony!
You need to go to your gynecologist.Sounds like you might have a severe yeast infection.Which may need to be cleared up by antibiotics and a special ointment,or go to the emergency room since it is the weekend.It sounds like you need help now instead of Monday since it's starting down your legs.Take care and please see some one "NOW!"TNT406
I been to the gynocologist once already, and my doctor twice!!! they keep giving me various creams n ointments but its making it worse!! i dont know what to do! today its not itching as bad but the skin is very very dry at the front and weeping at the back! so i sshould put the cream on to moisturise it but it makes it itch! i cant win
what about taking benedryl? would that help?
what is it?
Go to a dermatologist.
i forgot to ask if you have any unusual discharge? also, what about an Aveeno bath? thats also something you can pick up at the drug store. thats supposed to be excellent for soothing a rash, dry skin. maybe theres something in those creams you are allergic to. you stated that some of the creams are making it worse. did you change detergents for washing your clothes?
its just an over the counter medication that comes in different forms (pills, chewables, creams, liquid) and it comes in different strengths. It helps stop itching an inflamation due to rashes, allergies..costs about $6.00 (plus or minus).
maybe someone who knows more about benedryl can tell you more about it but as w. any meds, careful if pregnant or on other meds. hope this helps.
If your symptoms are this severe and your doctor has not investigated it properly (obviously not as you are having problems), find a new doctor! Step one is to rule out STDs: You can go to a free and private STD clinic. Yeast infections can be detected by a simple test at the clinic or by your gynecologist. IF yeast is the issue, then you can be prescribed a pill to get rid of it. Once the doctor has seen you, get a copy of the diagnosis and do some research on the internet. If all else fails, a biopsy may be a good idea - this is where thay take a very tiny bit of your skin and look at it under a microscope.
Also, try no to scratch (very difficult) as this may make the condition worse. Also DO NOT put creams on your genitals unless recommended by a Pharmacist or physician. Unless the medication is designed for this delicate area, you can cause problems.