itchy bumps around vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

itchy bumps around vagina

recently i've been itching right around the opening of my vagina. just yesterday i descovered a couple little bumps that seem so be the cause of the itchyness. they arent blisters, or have any kind of white head...they are just small, and a little red.i have never had sex with anybody else but my boyfriend, and he has never had sex with anyone but me. we still use a condom every time. is it possible to get an STD if we have only had sex with eachother? i'm freaking out..could this be herpes or genital worts? please help me!
Could it be a developing allergic reaction?  The area is very sensitive to begin with and I noticed that changes in soap, laundry detergent, ect may affect it even though no where else.  I know when I was having periods I could not wear pads or liners, could not use odor scented tampons, because I did the exact same thing.  If you are truly both faithful then I would doubt an STD, but if it doesn't clear up have it checked.  Look for any changes that you have done recently with soaps, tampons, pads, ect.  Remember, very sensitve.
Hmm.  Are you using latex condoms?  You may have an allergy to latex.  Alot of people do.
...or she could have a reaction to the spermicide.  I know that I could never use condoms with spermicide because it literally felt like it was burning me up.  You should get checked, especially if you've never had a gynecological exam (don't know, just guessing) b/c once you're sexually active, you need to be checked by a doc.
we do use latex condoms,  but i've never had a reaction before. is it possible to develope an allergy? i noticed it started itching and hurting a little bit after i took a shower. maybe it was my  soap. i just find it strange that its been itching and irritated for almost three days now. i also shave, so i thought it may be ingrown hairs, but i didnt think that the skin around the bumps would itch also. thanks for all your guys' help :)
..oh, and i've been checked by my GYN last year. everything was fine, but i'm guessing i should go again.
i have bumps that are itchy not red or any color just the color of my skin maybe lil white not much but they itch adn i wanan know what it is... i cant go to the doctor cuz i would have to bring a parent correct n i cant do that.. im not close with my family like that
please any doctors know this?
maybe its from shaving down there.. but idk
Eek I have had the same thing going on a week now. Red irritated and I went to doc - think yeast infection - though that was normal. I am in a monogomous relationship - though I had them test for everything to ease conscious. Please, go in and get tested - won't hurt to hear you are fine.
As for itching it continues ...was told to air everything out. Though it doesn't seem to help much. Got an itch and no reason for it = frustrated.
I live with Dub dysfunctional uterine bleeding and my husband and I rarely have sex since I'm always bleeding plus I was tested and was negative for everything last month this itchy and enlarged lumps not only I had but also my daughter shockingly had so she asked for help occurred at the same week neither had sex but hubby bought this new laundry detergent so now we had to suffer and wait it out to go away thanks to not having sex and having a family member with the same allergic reaction I knew to rule out any STDS
im actually having the same problem right now. I have a yeast infection also, but there are red bumps.. and i shave down there also. and i was thinking that maybe it's because of that? cause it is really itchy around that area and of course the itching makes everything worse. my mom said maybe its from the clothing detergent we use? is there any cream i could put on it to make it stop? or maybe anything that could heal the bumps? - this question is to anyone.