iud bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

iud bleeding

I had an IUD placed after my third pregnancy. the problem now is that a week or two before my period i will get one or two days bleeding and then it stops (light bleeding) and I think it is my period then it stops. Then I will have nothing for a day or two then I will again get light bleeding or brown discharge for a day or two then nothing then light bleeding and so on for about tow weeks. Then i finally get a normal period but it is affecting my sex life because I feel like i am always having some sort of gross discharge. is this normal for IuD? Is this something I need to be concerned about? I would really appreciate your help.
What kind of IUD did you get?  I just got the Mirena IUD about 2 weeks ago and have been spotting off and on.  The doctor told me that it was normal to spot on and off for about 2-3 months and then your periods would be very light or non existant.  What kind of discharge are you having?
the kind of spotting looks like what the end of the period looks like kind of brown. But it seems to last too long. My period seems to never get there and my periods have been coming a lot stronger now with the iud. a lot more bleeding. This period I have been spotting and bleeding lightly for almost three weeks and my period has not seem to just come.
I have para gaurd and with that IUD my Period is alot heavier and for the first several months it lasted what felt like forever, now, almost 2 years later it is still very heavy at first but only lasts a week or so and after about 2-3 days of heavy flow it tapers off. If your that concerned call or see your doc!