iud retroverted uterus partner scratch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

iud retroverted uterus partner scratch

I got a minera IUD and I have a tilted uterus. My husband gets poked EVERY time we have sex and it has made incisions in the end of his penis. He has three scars now and it always bleeds. I told my doctor and after she did an ultrasound she said it was "impossible". HA. Well it's clearly possible and it is happening. They are willing to remove it and replace it but they think I am nuts- great doctor- but doctors think if the picture is telling you the vagina doesn't reach to the iud then it's in your head. Well my question is could it be my anatomy of the tilted uterus that shifts and he hits the IUD? And if I get a new one will the same thing happen? Please help. I can't find any documentation on penis incision while sex and the tilted uterus and I want to know if it is possible. Thanks
this actually happened to me too!!!! My cervix is tilted as well and not all my partners ever experienced a poke but some did.... it depends on the size  I suppose but it is possible! I think it's because our cervixes are in a different position for most women, I had mine in for 4 years! In the end I was getting severe crampage and the docs couldnt find it(via a pap)!!!!! I went for an ultrasound and it was in the wrong place!!!!! I got it removed instantly!!!! I would defenitely be careful with those based on my own experience!!