ive had 2 miscarriages, has anyone been through this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

has anyone had 2 miscarriages right in a row? MNy first one was in january and this one was this past weekend. i want children and i just keep having this happen.
I've had one myself and it was so horrible mentally and physically but my mom actually had 4 before becoming pregnant with my little sister who's now 7 and doing great! So don't get too discouraged!  Good luck :)
I had one in 2001 and I just had my son in sept 2005. It was very painful and truamatic. I will advice you to see your Doc regularly and most especially as soon as you realise you are pregnant. My friend had one too. her second pregnacy was almost going the same if not that she noticed early and was quickly given bedrest for a period. She had also had her baby in sept 2005.

I wish you luck
I had a miscarriage in July 2004, then again in September 2005 and again in March 2006.

The last two were very difficult.  The baby in September measured 9 weeks 4 days when her little heart stopped.  The only thing they could tell me about that one was that she was a girl.

The baby who died in March measured 13 weeks 6 days when her heart stopped.  She was a girl and had down's syndrome.  Knowing that I did nothing wrong helped a bit but it's still devestating.

I am going to a high risk dr tomorrow afternoon.  I have had all types of blood work done to test for clotting disorders, etc and they find nothing.  I'm fortunate that I have two children but it hurts just the same.

I'm very sorry you are having to deal with this.  I would not wish miscarriage on my worst enemy.
I had one in 2001 and I just had my baby in sept 05. I will advice your to visit the Doc as soon as you discover that you are pregnant. I have a friend aho had one and five months later got pregnant again. She almost had another miscarriage if not that she quickly noticed and was put on bedrest.
I have had 3 m/c but am now 23 weeks pregnant with a baby boy! i know it can be frustrating and it seems like it will happen every time, but when the time is right everything will work out. just never give up!!!
I'm so sorry for your losses.  I personally have never had a miscarriage, but my mother had 3 or 4 before she got pregnant with me.  They were all very close together, and her doctor told her that she would never be able to have children.  She got pregnant with me 6 months after the doctor told her there was no hope, and I now have 9 younger brothers and sisters in addition.  So just because the doctor says something is true, doesn't mean it necessarily is!  Good luck!
I have had several losses, but am the proud mother of two boys and am almost 15 weeks pregnant. In many cases, there is hope. I had three losses before having my first son, a loss in between my first and second son, and a loss in between my second son and this one. All the testing in my case simply indicated "bad luck" as the culprit, no physiological cause.

Unfortunately, many docs don't pursue testing until you have had your third loss, but ask your doctor if they would be willing to run even some simply anti-body blood work to see if that could be a possible cause.

I am sorry for you loss, I still vividly remember the anguish and heartache I felt after my third loss, thanks to some cold and heartless people around me, I started doubting if I would ever be able to have a child. Thankfully, I now have my precious and rambuncious little monkeys.

Andi
i have have 2 m\c one i went 5 months in 2005 and in 07 i have another one where that babys heart beat just stoped at 7 weeks and now im pregnant again and i went to the docs to day and they told me they did not want to do an ualtersound until 20weeks so i going to go to the high risk clinic im hoping for the best!!!!!
Ive actually had 6 over 3 years, believe it or not.
it doesnt get any easier ill tell you that.
myDR says i can have kids but at this point im seriously doubting it.
I fell pregnant last yr march-april 2008 time had a miscarriage on fathers day last yr at 11weeks pregnant but it had only grew to 8weeks and 6days i could c the baby on the ultrasound, then i fell pregnant again march 2009 and it was going really well until i woke up one morning bleeding and was sick i went to the hospital at the early pregnany ward and they worked out i was around 8 and a half weeks, i had the ultrasound done and there was nothing in my whome sadly i had another miscarriage!  Me and my boyfriend are so devistated and i just cant wait to hold our baby in my arms...i need to go back to the hospital to get more blood taken as my hormone levels havent dropped enough...I wish they could do all the tests on u after u have had 2 miscarriages instead of three i find it very shocking and they always say u cant help miscarrages but there must be a reason!  gd luck to every1 else ...x
you will have kids and youl have 10/ i got a litte boy  and i lost 2 babys now i find it haerd to have a kid now so i look for hope now so good look
Hi Kelly

I too am just going through my second miscarrage (miscarriage) luckly this time a dont need medical assistant as 2 years this june a was pregnant and lost it as soon as a found out, too cut along story short they thought a had an etopic and was given methotrexate, then 1 year and 8 months a feel pregnant with this one, had took an infection was bleeding on and off then brown discahrge, told the midwife who said it was just old blood, things settled down, was great for 2 weeks, then out the blue bleed again this time it was more like a period, phoned the EPAS suite got scheduled for a scan last Tueday (7 July 09) where a was told a had an early miscarrage (miscarriage) and still have blood in the womb which am jsut waiting on coming away from me.  They also did a preg test which was negative which was a good sign as no tissue has been left behind this time but still dosent help with my greif as for the past few weeks a have been walking about thinking a was still pregnant when a wasent, a was still feeling sick and sore boobs, am angry at myself for not realising what was goinbg on also a was passing tissue which a relative told me was it borrowing into me.  Am still in denial a think and keep thinking they have got it wrong and couldnt see anything cause of the blood, I just have to accept that it has gone, and like many are \scared to try again incase it happens again, life sure is shite!!!! loads of baby dust to all and hope you all get a little miracle soon xxx  Miss depressed
Dont let this get you down.I had a girl in 1999,then a miscarriage,another girl in 2003,then 3 miscarriages in a row,2 this last year before 10 weeks.I can happily say im now pregnant again 17 weeks,AND I FEEL GREAT AND THE BABY IS DOING SUPER!!!!!! I had given up hope and started taking baby asprin and a pren.vitamin b4 i got pregnant and i continue 2 do the same everyday and so far so good.Good luck,keep that head up.
i was 5ks + an then i had a M/C two days ago, but also had one in dec last year now. am so sad i dont even know wat t o do even though they tell me its not my fault

i know exactly how you all feel, but luckily for me my miscarriages came after first having a health baby boy....In July 08, I had a beautiful healthy baby boy. In September 09, we were thrilled to find out we were expecting again....until getting the bad news a few weeks later than I had miscarried. 6 weeks later, i was pregnant again....and unfortunately miscarried again at about 9 weeks.
It has been two months and we are thinking about trying again and scared to death...
my daughter just had her second miscarrige  she is so up set and scared to try again.. she loses them when she is around 6 weeks or a little over we r praying that she will be able to have one soon she lost the first on on may 32 and the second one jan6th.. we dont know why she cant  carry them any more than 6 to 7 weeks and does she need to keep trying ..on top of that my older daughter is preg and doing just fine they were both preg at the same time and dur date was the sam it is hard to be happy and sad at the same time how do i deal with this any ideals please contact me at ***@**** ty
hiya so sad ive just had my second miscarrage (miscarriage),devestated they didnt tell me nothing with either can u understand y
awwww hope all goes well hun,what is it u take baby asprin?just going through my second miscarriage and devestated
I've just had my 2nd miscarriage,after medical attention the doctor mentioned I can still go on to having a normal pregnancy in the future,so my husband and I are happy to know that maybe in the near future we will anticipate the birth of our 1st born.