labia majora infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

labia majora infection

Im really young, Im 14 and I woke up today and one side of my labia was swollen and red, I havnt lost my virginity or any contact dow there, last night it was Itchy/tingley and when i woke up it was red and swollen, it hurt when i walk or sit in sertain positions and change inderwear, im to afraid to go see a doctor and i really need some help, ive been panicing all day and ive told my mum about it and she said its might be hormones but i think its an infection, what should i do?

Have you used any new soap/bathing products?  Are you on any medications, anti-biotics, etc.?  I guess if your Mom won't take you to the doctors, which is what I would suggest, keep a close eye on it.  If it gets worse let her know right away.  I wouldn't put anything on it at this point since you don't know what it is.  Try and keep the area clean and dry.  Good luck :)
It's probably either a yeast infection or an ingrown hair that's become infected. Both very common and nothing to worry about. If you're afraid to go to the doctor, go to a pharmacy and get some over the counter yeast infection medicine. Buy the cream form, not the ovules since you say it's mostly your outer labia. Put the cream on the area that's red and swollen and se if it helps. If it's yeast, you'll notice it getting better within a day. If it doesn't get better, you probably should see your doctor as much as you dread it!